• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Hi cherub total loss is 7 stone! I was 21 st 1 before surgery so still a way to go!

Before I avoided things due to embarrassment! Now I can fly as will fit in seat! Horse riding! Numerous things! Not gonna be saying no to things like before for fear of looking stupid or breaking something!

That's good news Siana!
Onwards and upwards.
And what have you learned?
You say life has been so hard and busy with no motivation to cook and no time to exercise and you feel guilty.............what will you do differently? Xx

Don't sweat the small stuff, life is something that happens between your plans, be grateful you're busy at work some are unemployed, get a frigging grip....

Hey all!

Not been on for a while so lost touch with everyone's progress! I lost an uncle and step dad the end of the summer just a day apart so was pretty challenging as always turned to food for comfort?! I stalled for about two months but the last week it's begun to move and I have managed to get to the gym after not going for about 6 weeks!

We got a new puppy so I am getting lots walking in too which I am sure has helped! This morning I am 0.5lb off my lowest ever adult weight do overjoyed! Total loss is 6 st 13! I never would of thought it was ever possible! Hope your journeys are all going well

Lynne x

Lynne so sorry for your losses, that must be so hard for you. xx

Hey Alison,
How are you? Look forward to seeing you soon. I guess we should discuss what time to meet and where. I will be coming on train so should get my ticket soon to.get a cheap deal.

Lol Siana, I was thinking more along the lines of looking after yourself better by not working as late or as many hours over, putting yourself higher up in terms of priority and yes allowing yourself to have a drink and a snack and perhaps preparing things differently when you know you have a lot on........having things in that you cook easily, having meals prepared in the freezer that you cook when you get in. In terms of exercise, just parking your car further away and walking a little further and when away from home in a hotel, using their gym or pool. Sometimes it's identifying something small that you can keep to.
Remembering also where you've come from and don't want to go back there!
Now give yourself a big hug sweetie! Xxx

Hey guys,
Hobo like your outlook Ruth. Was feeling just like Siana, have a cold, work busy, eating bad... but your question...above really made me rethink. Yes you are right, learn from this and plan better next time. I even did the overeating and throwing up business today! Lesson learned, onwards is the way to go. Thanks.

Glad to hear weight loses all around. I am now settled down on 73 kilos. That is perfect for me. If I can keep this from now on, I will be very happy indeed. I was size 16-18 , and sometimes 20. Now range between sizes 12-14. Wish you will all reach your ideal weight too xx

I did my masters degree in solution focused brief therapy Tules and so think very differently to how I used to and am much more solution focused than problem focused.
Please don't punish yourself or beat yourself up about having a hiccup and that is all it is, we all have them and will keep having them because that's life. It's how we manage, work through and cope with the curve balls when they come our way.

So, if you like this approach, ask yourself........what do I want to be different?
What will I do differently? What will I do to make these differences happen?
When we meet we can talk about it if you want, help you for the future.

Please don't make yourself sick, look how far you have come. Celebrate that! Give yourself a hug and a pat on the back and ask yourself what skills you had to employ to achieve all you have? What actions did you take to lose weight successfully and keep it off? When life gets busier, harder, tougher, which of the skills you used before to achieve what you have, can you use to support you now?

Hope this helps?
Ruth xxx

Hey Alison, How are you? Look forward to seeing you soon. I guess we should discuss what time to meet and where. I will be coming on train so should get my ticket soon to.get a cheap deal.

Oh how exciting. I am probably going to drive in as its so close for me only an hour. Will check about parking at hotel. Or get hubby to drop me at train station. Shall we aim for meeting late morning?

Tules, if you are travelling by train, which station will you be arriving at as there are a few?
Where would be a good place to meet?

New street is the best train station for the bullring. Not sure about for the hotel as we will need to drop cases x will have a look this weekend x

New street is the best train station for the bullring. Not sure about for the hotel as we will need to drop cases x will have a look this weekend x

New street has all been done out only opened a few weeks ago, took them 7 years to complete its got John Lewis in there, you'll need plenty of money to spend x

Oh I love John Lewis! New Street it is... I think we are close to Bullring. Shall we say around 12 to meet?

Oh John Lewis, love it!! They usually have excellent clearance.

OK New Street it is. Just checked , it is 10-12 min walk to hotel.
Alison, hotel has on-site car park for £7.

Shall we say meet around 12-12:30?

Don't think we can check in to hotel until after two pm though.
I will travel light with a small rucksack I think to make it easier.

Yes small bag a good idea.

Ruth, would be most interested to hear about solution focused therapy. Thank you.

Ok people, drum roll.......I have tried on clothes today, and I looked good in them, and I bought loads....including (and I can't quite believe I am saying this) a black seqinned mini skirt.....I keep looking at it in amazement!

Kirsty, glad you and Karina will meet up. Have a fantastic time! SHame you can't join us.

Siana photo of you in skirt please! Glad you had a nice shopping trip. Yes I keep checking myself out too he he

Yayyy! Well done Siana!! Glad you had such a good shopping experience.
Any photos?
Ruth xx

Back