• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2016 Surgeries

juju_doll

juju_doll
Thought I'd start this for next month. I'm having my sleeve op on 4th Feb at The Manor hospital in Oxford. Good luck to anyone else for next month x

los in it

very good luck to all getting a new life in feb !

Want2bMe!

I'm having my Gastric Sleeve procedure on the 24th of February at Imperial in London. This is the countdown - good luck to everyone!

juju_doll

juju_doll
Only two days of 'real eating' for me left! Milk diet starts on Thursday, not looking forward to it one bit but it will be worth it. My pre op appointment is on Wednesday too so that's exciting. Anyone else signing up for this month? X

juju_doll

juju_doll
Good luck to you guys, from February 2015 group.

I've read your whole thread in Feb 2015 just thinking to myself, that'll be me in a year - that will be my year! In Feb 2015, I was in a bad relationship with a man who made me feel dreadful about myself telling me to change ... Now I'm doing it for myself - that was 12 stone of excess weight I managed to get rid of, now let's see if I can get nearly the same off myself!!

juju_doll

juju_doll
So tomorrow is my final day of 'real food' and I have my pre-op appointment at 8am tomorrow morning. Suddenly it's all feeling very real. I'm an absolute emotional wreck too, high as a kite one minute and sobbing at random things on the telly the next! Sleep isn't really happening properly either! I hope the next two weeks go quickly!

juju_doll

juju_doll
So pre op assessment was fine, filled in a big health booklet, did an ecg, weighed me, measured me for sexy compression stockings, took loads of blood, blood pressure, more questions and finally a chest X-ray! All very quick and painless. Phew, glad it's over and I'm one step closer!

Tules

Well they seem to be thorough. Good.
You will see from our messages that we all went through this excited but comprehensive stage. All normal.
You will get better soon and will start enjoying the new you.
Go for it.

juju_doll

juju_doll
Day 2 of the milk diet and I can't say it's been easy. I've not really been hungry so much but I've felt really rough as the carbs and sugar has left my body. Last night I felt like I was coming off heroin! I was in bed by 8.30 with a headache, shivering and aching! Still, I slept really well. Today I've just felt a bit washed out but hopefully I'll be in ketosis and feeling much better by the end of the weekend. I know it's worth it and I'm still really positive about the operation. Not long to go!

puddytats

I should be on this list! I rang the admissions secretary and they're still hoping for Feb although they've experienced bed and staff shortages! :D :D :D

juju_doll

juju_doll
8 days to go for me. Saw the nutritionalist today who was lovely and helped with an alternative to the milk diet. Still, I've lost 10lbs so far so I'm pleased with that and I'm now getting very excited!

juju_doll

juju_doll
So I've managed 8 days on the pre op diet now and lost 12lbs as of this morning. Only 6 days until my op and I'm weirdly relaxed about it. I'm just trying to keep busy and focus on all the positives it will bring. Is anyone else having an op in February? It seems spookily quiet!

niccie

So I've managed 8 days on the pre op diet now and lost 12lbs as of this morning. Only 6 days until my op and I'm weirdly relaxed about it. I'm just trying to keep busy and focus on all the positives it will bring. Is anyone else having an op in February? It seems spookily quiet!
great loss well done :)

Monalisa

Good luck to you all having surgery in February as a January surgery buddy I'm glad I've made it to the losers bench Xx

Neticak

My gastric band surgery is on the 7 Feb, I live in Leeds but I'm having it done at Folan Park. only booked 2 days ago so waiting to speak to the nutritionist haven't started any pre op diet.

Good luck to everyone else with surgeries coming up! X

Kennedy12345

Hello I'm having a sleeve on 29th feb! Due to start milk diet in 19th but going to try to do a detox to prepare me and lose some weight I've put on over Xmas between now and 19th! Good luck to everyone who has surgeries coming up soon