• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2016 Surgeries

Hello I'm having a sleeve on 29th feb! Due to start milk diet in 19th but going to try to do a detox to prepare me and lose some weight I've put on over Xmas between now and 19th! Good luck to everyone who has surgeries coming up soon
welcome and good luck x

Hello I'm having a sleeve on 29th feb! Due to start milk diet in 19th but going to try to do a detox to prepare me and lose some weight I've put on over Xmas between now and 19th! Good luck to everyone who has surgeries coming up soon

Good luck! Mine is on Thursday and I'm nearly there. I just want to get it done now and start my new life. I've been really emotional since the weekend and I'm not really sleeping. This could be an interesting 3 days!

J

Good luck everyone having surgeries this month!:)

Mine is on the 7th at Dolan Park with James Halstead for a Gastric Band. I woke up this morning with a pit in my stomach from nerves - something I haven't experienced for years!

Going to have my blood taken tomorrow as I had anaemia during my pregnancies and had to have a transfusion for one of them so they need t check my HB levels.

It's all actually becoming real! :bliss:

This weekend has been the reality for me, suddenly worrying about dying/things going wrong/pain after the op etc.

Just need to get a grip of myself but it's nice to chat to people going through the same things together!

This weekend has been the reality for me, suddenly worrying about dying/things going wrong/pain after the op etc. Just need to get a grip of myself but it's nice to chat to people going through the same things together!
its natural to be nervous, it's fine X

I completely agree juju_doll.

It's so nerve racking, but we have to try to be positive and look forward to our new journey.

I was driving myself crazy this morning just worrying about how my husband would manage on the school run (of all the bloody things!)

I now can't get out of my head the possibility that I just might be able to wear a normal t-shirt soon for the first time in a decade instead of a baggy tunic!

Try and concentrate on the positive things to look forward to juju-doll x

So here we go, operation is tomorrow and I'm feeling excited now rather than worried. That might change by tomorrow but I'm going with it! I'm getting there at 7.30am and I'm first in the list so hopefully all done by early afternoon. I know the first couple of days will be a bit tough but I'll keep updated on here as much as I can. X

I'm alive! Surgery went very well, all done in an hour and a half and I was back in my room an hour after that. Pain on waking was like pressure on my chest and I was nauseous but they soon sorted that. I was sleeping on and off for a couple of hours after with a bit of morphine and I'm on a drip, although I am sipping water, I've also been for a pee and done a few steps. Slight feeling of pressure on my chest but nothing a few pain killers are sorting. Hopefully I'll be home tomorrow x

I'm alive! Surgery went very well, all done in an hour and a half and I was back in my room an hour after that. Pain on waking was like pressure on my chest and I was nauseous but they soon sorted that. I was sleeping on and off for a couple of hours after with a bit of morphine and I'm on a drip, although I am sipping water, I've also been for a pee and done a few steps. Slight feeling of pressure on my chest but nothing a few pain killers are sorting. Hopefully I'll be home tomorrow x
brilliant, welcome to the losers bench :) I hope you recover quickly X

After my positivity of last night I had a pretty grim night of pain and nausea. Felt rough this morning but now they've taken me off the morphine and on to a paracetamol drip I feel much better. Have been out of bed and even for a bit of a walk up and down the corridor! Hoping to go home tomorrow.

Back