• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2016 Surgeries

Sazzle1a

Hope you have a more settled night. I agree with Niccie the first few days can be grim. I'm 10 days post op and feel so much better - there is light at the end of the short tunnel I promise :) xx

juju_doll

juju_doll
Day 3 post op and hoping to go home today. Still have pain around my stomach but it's not dreadful. Feel like I've done 5000 sit ups! Swallowing meds fine and drinking the water is ok. I've not had anything other than water so far so hoping to get some protein shake in me or milk when I get home. Don't feel hungry at all

Tules

Welcome on board.
For the first week,at least don't worry too much about protein but healing yourself. You will only manage sips of tea anyway. Trying to drink protein whilst feeling nausea is not good. At this stage, even a protein shake will feel too thick and sickly.first weeks are tough in terms of adjusting, rest and rest. And sip sip....

Soon it will be a year anniversary of your operation like us and all this will be distant memory :)

Mo1963

Eek , I know the feeling for sure! I am into Luton on 24th feb 2016. Excite, nervous , feeling of butterflies then elephants lol x

juju_doll

juju_doll
Good luck, I'm just over 2 weeks post op and it's hard work but the weight is coming off!

Neticak

Hi juju doll how are you getting on? X

juju_doll

juju_doll
I'm doing ok thanks, making a real effort today to eat and drink more as it's easy to just forget. I'm on to purée now so I have mushy weetabix for breakfast and I've been blending thicker soups with meat in them to try and up the protein. Tonight I'm going to try purée meat in gravy with mashed potato! Yum!
I've had a few issues with constipation (due to lack of food and fluids I think) which led to me nearly passing out on Friday night! So I've been working on the lactalose and water. It's definitely no walk in the park but I know it will get easier as time goes on.

Kar8858

Juju it is difficult but just keep sipping away at the water..i always have a 500ml of still water and if im not eating im drinking! You can just throw a glass of liquid down like before so you have to just keep at it. Dont rush, follow the rules and take it easy. I think you might be back to work tomorrw..if you are take lots of little bits to eat during the day. I still aim to eat every 3 hours. Good luck this week x

juju_doll

juju_doll
I'm doing ok thanks. 3 weeks today since I had my surgery. Only lost a pound this week but I think I've hit the dreaded 3 week stalk. There is no way that I'm eating too much - just following the instructions! I'm sure it will start shifting again soon.

The scars are healing nicely now but I'm feeling far more tired. I went back to work this week but have gone down to half days as I'm so tired. They've been really good about it though which is great.

Apart from that, I'm now on to my second week of purée (yippee) and can't wait to get on to soft food. I've realised I eat far too quickly so I need to work on that. Also still working on getting the liquids in!

niccie

It rakes a few months to normalise with liquids, at 6 months I now drink 2 litres plus a day quite easily but it hook a long time to get here.

juju_doll

juju_doll
I'm glad you've said that as I'm really struggling. I still feel restriction with more than 2 sips of liquid - it seems worse with liquids rather than thicker soups or purée?

Kennedy12345

My surgery scheduled for tommorow has been postponed until 14th March! I
Could literally cry but in the grand scheme of the things it's only 2 weeks!

Just want it over with and I wish
I was where you are losing weight, I just feel So sick of food!!

Neticak

How are the Feb 2016 surgery people doing aka juju_doll!

I had my first band fill today which wasn't half as bad as I thought it would. Managed to up my exercise by actually using my membership for which i have been paying for in full for the last 6 months and not used (grrrr!) but I plan to get my monies worth from now on!

It's easy to be motivated this soon after the op, I do worry that it will fade with time. Just trying now to keep on at myself to be more active and plan what I am eating so there's no excuses for eating poorly.
x

Hi guys. Well I finally joined the losers bench on Friday. I travelled to belgium to have it done with Dr Chris. All went well. I am back in the uk since yesterday. Tired but despite everything I am feeling quite good. Move over on the losers bench guys, my ample arse is taking a seat! ?