• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tashatastics bypass journey

Hi Tash, new to your diary and just read it all. You're feeling as so many of us are and also coping with a fab new baby - hey girl that's no small work load there lovely.

I am a food addict too. I'd hope I am a little bit in remission. But my addiction raises its head every day! I feel it pops up like those kids arcade games that you hit with a sponge hammer! I am constantly thwacking it!

I think your determination is growing as you channel those tears into Tash's fight! And good for you.

Your baby is so young - you have time to get this in hand before he will even really be aware - please don't despair about it - you're doing all you can x

As someone said you will see the pysch on the journey who will be interested in how you are coping with your addiction. I was held back at that point until I could say I was battling and beating the binging. I did beat the binging. By the time I got to my surgery last week I had binged for months. I simply ate huge portions - now thats not ideal - but 3 huge portions a day I guess was better than sneaking down in the night!

What that blather was about was to say try and work out your patterns and then look at how you are walloping them. Each one you wallop is another step towards your goal.

Enjoy the hugs from those you love x

Hello Tasha

Like many others here, reading your diary reminds us all of some aspect if ourselves. You have the world at your feet, a husband young baby and you've made the decision to change.

I hope your service gives you the pschological support as well as the rest. It is all part of making our journey more successful and making us whole again.

Your life is just beginning pet. :)

Waiting for a date can consume you, but if you fill that time with the positive things you have already started the time will soon come. Your life wont be over, it will just excelerate from where you are now.

Good luck love, and keep posting, ther are some mad folks here but they are all angels :grouphugg:

X

What a lovely boost to come on and see lovely replies. Thank you all so much. I already am having counselling to control my eating and understand why I turn to food. It's help me a lot I think that's why Ive have lost weight since dec and not gone up. I had my appointment yesterday with the bariatric nurse. I hit my weight loss target and he is happy to put me through for surgery. I should receive an appointment with the consultant in about 4-6 weeks. I'm going to try my hardest to lose some more weight so he can see how serious I really am. It's looking around October I should have my surgery and I am so excited hehe! I keep reading horror stories and I am a total worry wart so for now I'm going to wait to see my consultant and chat to him about the risks before I freak myself out but in reality what's the alternative.... Die from being super morbidly obese. I can't actually imagine myself slim it's a surreal feeling to think I am actually doing this. Still ain't sunk in or feels real yet I keep thinking something's going to go wrong so I can't have the surgery. I have to have a camera down my throat while I'm awake and that really scares me but I know it needs to be done either way. Roll on the next two months and let's get this done and dusted!! :) xxx

Last edited:
What a lovely boost to come on and see lovely replies. Thank you all so much. I already am having counselling to control my eating and understand why I turn to food. It's help me a lot I think that's why Ive have lost weight since dec and not gone up. I had my appointment yesterday with the bariatric nurse. I hit my weight loss target and he is happy to put me through for surgery. I should receive an appointment with the consultant in about 4-6 weeks. I'm going to try my hardest to lose some more weight so he can see how serious I really am. It's looking around October I should have my surgery and I am so excited hehe! I keep reading horror stories and I am a total worry wart so for now I'm going to wait to see my consultant and chat to him about the risks before I freak myself out but in reality what's the alternative.... Die from being super morbidly obese. I can't actually imagine myself slim it's a surreal feeling to think I am actually doing this. Still ain't sunk in or feels real yet I keep thinking something's going to go wrong so I can't have the surgery. I have to have a camera down my throat while I'm awake and that really scares me but I know it needs to be done either way. Roll on the next two months and let's get this done and dusted!! :) xxx

I felt exactly the same when ever I had my appointments I thought they would find something wrong to prevent my surgery from happening all the way through my journey from seminar I was terrified about having the camera down it was all I thought about I will admit it wasn't a nice experience but it lasted 2-4 mins and it was over before i knew it and i didn't have sedation which i was adamant I was having. You will be fine goodluck in your journey :)

Hi guys

Are you meant to have the camera down before having your wls? I am due to have my sleeve in July and I haven't had the camera down. Does anyone know anything about this as it's worrying me. Thanks very muchly :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi guys

Are you meant to have the camera down before having your wls? I am due to have my sleeve in July and I haven't had the camera down. Does anyone know anything about this as it's worrying me. Thanks very muchly :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Different surgeons have different ways of doing things I had my surgery at Sunderland Royal hospital they like you to have a endoscopy to make sure your stomach is ok inside some people have hernia's or ulcers etc. this doesn't always stop you getting surgery they will treat it before or even during surgery :)

Hi guys Are you meant to have the camera down before having your wls? I am due to have my sleeve in July and I haven't had the camera down. Does anyone know anything about this as it's worrying me. Thanks very muchly :) Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

No camera during my NHS sleeve process. Everywhere has their own nuances don't they? Good luck!

Hi - How are you doing? I just read your posts? You feeling any better about everything?

Great progress with you loss so far.

Hi there Yep same as others I totally understand how you feel and feel the same myself ....good luck in everything hun and you've inspired me to start my own diary as I want to look back on it....loads of luck and look forward to hearing your journey ...isn't it great to have this site where we can feel normal and know others out there go through the same feelings and heartache as we do and want to change things xxxx

Back