• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GP finally referred me to Homerton

MariaMaria83

Hey Maria, nope!!! Im shocked at how useless my consultant was, no info no advice!!!! Nothing!!!!! She didnt even say when it was going to heard!!!

So im just going to sit tight and wait for the letter!!

My daughter is doing well, thankfully no pain due to the constant meds.
It was on my list of questions to ask but to be honest, we spoke about so much I never asked him. I emailed the next day and asked. Maybe email them tomorrow? You might even have been discussed already.

Who did you see? x

Good news about your daughter, how old is she? x

Ah love her!! She’s just a baby! Wish her well real soon.
If you ping them an email today you’ll have your reply 1st thing in the morning. They’re so quick to get back to me when I ask them anything, x

Yeah will do that, do you have an email address I could use? Ive looked through some paper work dont see one unless im not looking properly lol.

Thanks love, her baby sister is tsking full advantage hahaha.

MariaMaria83

Yeah will do that, do you have an email address I could use? Ive looked through some paper work dont see one unless im not looking properly lol.

Thanks love, her baby sister is tsking full advantage hahaha.
It’s on the back of the info pack you got at the first appointment. If you can’t find it let me know, my 3 yo asleep on my lap at tho mo! x

MariaMaria83

I was referred in March, my first appointment with the Dietitian and Consultant was in May and I was taken to my first MDT meeting in June.
The MDT decided I needed to see Psychology for whatever reason? and I was booked for the end of August!! After several weeks of Unnecessary waiting, on the morning of this said Psychology appointment I received a call from the lead Psychologist saying I didn’t actually need to be seen as there was nothing within my notes that suggests I needed further assesment. So I was send back to the MDT which was held two days ago and now I’ve been given the all clear .

If I didn’t have this little set back, I may have had my surgery by now or at least had all the pre -appointments and given a date etc.

MDT meetings are held weekly on Wednesday afternoons at the Homerton.
@LotusFlowerBomb have you heard anything else yet?

MariaMaria83

Havent heard a thing, did they write to you? Or did you email them to ask?

Congrats to you my dear, how long till pre op etc etc?
Both really, I emailed the day after I knew had been discussed to ask if they could call me with the outcome rather than send a letter because I was going away for the week. They told me the outcome there and then. I also got a letter about 3 days later, so about 4/5 days after the meeting. Do you know when your case was due to be heard?
Yes definitely email and ask.

The letter just says I’ll get appointments ‘in due course’ whatever that means? I’ll give it another couple weeks and get in touch with them. They’re generally really helpful, x

Bling Babe

@MariaMaria83 , I’m so sorry for the late response.

I gap my pre consent and surgery assesment appointments today. I was told someone will be in contact regarding a date!

It’s all getting really now !
How exciting xx

@MariaMaria83 wow sorry for all the typos in my previous post, I think I was getting a bit too excited lol

MDT was held back in September. Congrats on getting pass that stage, are you still waiting to be given a date for your pre consent consultant appointment, as that’s the next stage?
If you are, I will strongly advise you to call the bariatric coordinators first thing tomorrow morning. That’s what Ive always done when I’m due for the next stage, as they sometimes take for ever to get back to you.

I was able to book my appointments directly with them over the phone.

You’ll need to speak to Hazel I think her name is, she’s lovely xxx

MariaMaria83

@MariaMaria83 wow sorry for all the typos in my previous post, I think I was getting a bit too excited lol

MDT was held back in September. Congrats on getting pass that stage, are you still waiting to be given a date for your pre consent consultant appointment, as that’s the next stage?
If you are, I will strongly advise you to call the bariatric coordinators first thing tomorrow morning. That’s what Ive always done when I’m due for the next stage, as they sometimes take for ever to get back to you.

I was able to book my appointments directly with them over the phone.

You’ll need to speak to Hazel I think her name is, she’s lovely xxx
@LotusFlowerBomb Yea that's where I am at the moment, running to the post box every morning!
Mdt was 3 weeks ago, didn't know if it was a by early to start pestering? Maybe I'll start soon, I usually email but a call won't hurt.
What were the appointments like? x

@MariaMaria83 Wow three weeks!!!

Kingsley advises you to call him a day after the MDT meeting was held for an outcome and if all is well, you can usually contact Hazel to get yourself all booked in for whatever is needed.
They're very nice and I’m sure they wouldn’t think your pestering them at all.
Give them a call!
With my experience so far, I’ve found you sometimes have to give them a lil nudge to remind them about you. That’s what I’ve always done which has really helped to push things along for me.

My consultant appointment was literally 10minutes and was very laid back and informal. My children were running up and down and trashing her room but she didn’t mind lol.
I was worried as I had put on 1kg but this was not mentioned at all, although I think this was because I had already hit my 5-10% target.

She asked me what procedure I wanted, told me abit about the liver shrinking diet, went through the operations risks with me and then gave me the consent forms to sign.
She then sent me up to pre op where I had my bloods taken etc.

Now I’m just waiting for a date. Apprently she’s made a request on the system and the pre op team will give me a call with a date. She said it will be anytime within the next 12 weeks.

So fingers crossed.

MariaMaria83

@MariaMaria83 Wow three weeks!!!

Kingsley advises you to call him a day after the MDT meeting was held for an outcome and if all is well, you can usually contact Hazel to get yourself all booked in for whatever is needed.
They're very nice and I’m sure they wouldn’t think your pestering them at all.
Give them a call!
With my experience so far, I’ve found you sometimes have to give them a lil nudge to remind them about you. That’s what I’ve always done which has really helped to push things along for me.

My consultant appointment was literally 10minutes and was very laid back and informal. My children were running up and down and trashing her room but she didn’t mind lol.
I was worried as I had put on 1kg but this was not mentioned at all, although I think this was because I had already hit my 5-10% target.

She asked me what procedure I wanted, told me abit about the liver shrinking diet, went through the operations risks with me and then gave me the consent forms to sign.
She then sent me up to pre op where I had my bloods taken etc.

Now I’m just waiting for a date. Apprently she’s made a request on the system and the pre op team will give me a call with a date. She said it will be anytime within the next 12 weeks.

So fingers crossed.
@LotusFlowerBomb Oh wow, ok......guess what I'm doing in the morning....! So I should ask to speak to Hazel? x