• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted!! In Dolan Park waiting op tomorrow

gailm

Well here goes......
Got picked up at 12.30 by a lovely man named John we stopped for coffee on our journey and had a sneaky fag haha
I arrived in reception and was waiting 40 mins for someone to come take me
To my room (remember £6000 later)
After the 40 mins a guy came to take me in a side room to take blood I was a bit shocked I wasn't taken to my room first as I had just travelled 3 hours and wasn't expecting what was gonna happen next!
We went in the room and the Chinese doctor could barley speak english! I'm like WTF!
Anyway of he goes with his needle ( bearing in mind I'm easy to get blood put of ) and I just felt the worst burning sensation ever!! He was sticking the needle in and up and trying to get blood and nothing was coming out after what seemed forever I said "get off" I had had enough!
So I pointed to my other arm to use that which he got straight away and kept saying sorry while I was obviously crying!
Which I may add I'm no wimp I've had 4 kids and not had pain like that from no needle!
After bloods I was taken to my room by a male nurse kinda stoney faced and was like a robot (clearly pissed of and wanting to go home)
Anyway I'm led into this corridor walking past open door private rooms with people looking like they had being in car crashes
Faces all bruised and bandaged!
I'm like I'm on the wrong ward no just my luck they are no WLS people booked in on this ward!
To make it worse I'm on a mixed ward and wasn't even informed would be mixed (that's no walking around in nightwear for me!)
As ya can gather I'm not impressed infect I wanna go home :(
Will keep ya posted xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

O dear you poor thing, i hope things get better for you, xx

try to hang on to the thoughts of you after the surgery...

Hope your stay improves

Ask to speak to someone and complain! You've paid £6000, I'd expect things to be pretty much perfect for that much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I think you should complain too, you have paid a lot of money and you should be treated a lot better than you have been. I thought mixed wards had been phased out? You go private the least you can expect is your own room. Hope things work out for you, Good Luck hon and wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

That's bloody terrible. When I went to Dolan park in feb, I had my own room, and all the staff were really friendly.
I agree that you should complain, you have paid £6000 for this experience.
Good luck.
xxx

SARAH S said:
try to hang on to the thoughts of you after the surgery...

Hope your stay improves

I'm feeling a bit happier just spending time outside around the lake
Very very lonely in the room
Just focussing on getting surgery over and getting on with my journey
Xxx

shelbell said:
Ask to speak to someone and complain! You've paid £6000, I'd expect things to be pretty much perfect for that much money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I did raise my concerns and there being quite nice now lol
Wouldn't be rushing bk here though!
The grounds are stunning but very poor staff on my ward
Xxx

Lilyscent said:
I think you should complain too, you have paid a lot of money and you should be treated a lot better than you have been. I thought mixed wards had been phased out? You go private the least you can expect is your own room. Hope things work out for you, Good Luck hon and wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

Hi Lily
I do have my own room but very basic hospital room but to get get a drink or go outside you have to walk past all the other open door rooms shocking lol
And Thankyou for your support xx

Miss hungry said:
That's bloody terrible. When I went to Dolan park in feb, I had my own room, and all the staff were really friendly.
I agree that you should complain, you have paid £6000 for this experience.
Good luck.
xxx

Thankyou :) I've cheered up a tad
I have my own room in a lonely corner lol
But everyone as had surgery (facial) so
It's just me myself and i lol
The nurse is very sterner face not keen on him at all I wanted to feel relaxed and comfy but big disappointment
Xxxx

Ah well, at least you're in there for a good reason, not like all the people having face lifts! You'll be able to smile after your surgery which is more than they can.

Glad you are feeling happier although it's a pity there's not anyone there having the same op x x

yorkiegal said:
Ah well, at least you're in there for a good reason, not like all the people having face lifts! You'll be able to smile after your surgery which is more than they can.

Your right yorkie girl and I must say the night staff are lovely xxx

try to rest and have a good nights sleep

good luck and heres to a speedy recovery

Try an rest and focus on the superb new you that will result from this experience. Good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you x

Hi everyone had my op and feel amazing :)
Went like clockwork and was up 2 hours after getting my make up on and pj's haha
Thanks everyone for your support
Xxx

Hi everyone had my op and feel amazing :)
Went like clockwork and was up 2 hours after getting my make up on and pj's haha
Thanks everyone for your support
Xxx

Glad it all went well , speedy recovery xx

Back