• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a sleeve!!

Aww I'm glad your feeling ready to get back on track! The hunger demon is a persistent one but after a few days it does die down especially if you can eat upwards of 70g of protein a day, keeps the hunger minimal x x you can do it x x

I do feel better today, I guess it was my body not wanting to do it but nevermind! Bought fat free yoghurts, large tub on cottage cheese, some natural yogurt to have with fruit for breakfast, some cereals (porridge and shredded wheat) lots of veg as I have a lot of chicken frozen, and some stewing beef as I fancy a stew! Still have £18 on the gift card to get some more stuff next week.. Going to defrost some chicken and make a big soup, and a stew over the weekend. they should last me, aswell as the weight watchers meals I have in.. Xx

Kirsty

Kirsty. Some inspiration for you...hope it's ok to post on this thread?!

My slow cooker staples are celery, carrots, onions, leeks, sweet corn, peppers, mushrooms. Add any combination to whichever meat like chicken thighs or chunks of lamb, beef etc or pulses like chick peas and kidney beans. Some kind of stock. Perhaps a tin of toms or garlic and white white. You only need very little fluid (no need to drown or cover ingredients with stock!) add herbs, chilli, fresh coriander etc depending on what dish you're making then cook all day or overnight. It's likely to be pretty runny so mix a little cornflower with cold water to a paste and add to thicken. Satisfying, healthy, fresh, cheap and easy (like me !!!!)

Omg I miss cooking. Not been involved in the kitchen since starting the milk diet. Might be a while till I'm able to enjoy some food other than Greek yog and jelly ;-/

Kirsty. Some inspiration for you...hope it's ok to post on this thread?! My slow cooker staples are celery, carrots, onions, leeks, sweet corn, peppers, mushrooms. Add any combination to whichever meat like chicken thighs or chunks of lamb, beef etc or pulses like chick peas and kidney beans. Some kind of stock. Perhaps a tin of toms or garlic and white white. You only need very little fluid (no need to drown or cover ingredients with stock!) add herbs, chilli, fresh coriander etc depending on what dish you're making then cook all day or overnight. It's likely to be pretty runny so mix a little cornflower with cold water to a paste and add to thicken. Satisfying, healthy, fresh, cheap and easy (like me !!!!) Omg I miss cooking. Not been involved in the kitchen since starting the milk diet. Might be a while till I'm able to enjoy some food other than Greek yog and jelly ;-/

Of course it's okay to post :)
That's what I'm going to do, bought some paprika today to had to some things and garlic too, don't normally do garlic! I also bought lentils and pearl barley to put in to soups and things to help fill me up, never cooked with them though!! Xx

Kirsty

lentils, split peas and barley are lovely to bulk out soups
pearl barley is ofen used in scotch broth, yummers!

It sure is I also like chick peas get the dried ones and add a pinch of bicarbonate and soft quicker also get lots of types of lentils too

I have red lentils.. I love pearl barley in soups! Can't wait to make some over the weekend!!

Kirsty

Made a chicken and veg soup earlier, thought I'd put a bit of garlic in for a bit more flavour.. Wish I didn't do it now. It's still nice, but not as nice as the last one I made! :(

Kirsty

Also made hummus, not to my taste what so ever!!

Kirsty

im not a fan of hummus either!

It had garlic in it, still horrible though! Lol

Kirsty

Back