• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Looking for advice please

oliviafrances

I did ask mr sedman if id have to wait till Feb or if it would be now as Claire had said it would be feb at the owlss meeting and he said he would advise Claire it was to go into the next one ..... I'd be very suprised tho that if she's told you fab that she 'll let mine go through either ..... as mr sedman said it makes sense to get on the waiting list asap because it's still going to be well past our 6 months on tier 4 before we get a date anyway ... I'll email her and see what she says x x
It totally makes sense for it to go to the next meeting if the waiting list is so long! The wait is killing me, I feel like the surgery and life change is all I think or talk about. Ok, I mean obviously they know best, but they should definitely treat everyone the same with the waiting list so it's fair, if you could let me know that would be fab. I see your weight loss is going well! 5.09% loss is amazing, are you just sticking to the 3 meals a day? x

Kate1980

Had a reply off Claire she said if you meet all the dietitian and psychologists requirements it is possible to go to mdt early( different to what she said to you) but you won't go on the waiting list till you've done your 6 months ( different to what the surgeon said) so I guess really it definitely just a game of wait and see what comes through the letterbox..... I've just had an appointment through I knew nothing about for the chest clinic in assuming tho that's because I have sleep apnea.but it's a 2 hour appointment ... 95% of the time im sticking to the 3 balanced meals and 3 litres of squash a day but it's getting easier and I'm definatly not as Hungry as I used to be or eating as much some meals that I would of demolished 6 weeks ago im full after 1/2 - 3/4 that 5% is the amount of excess weight lost which is mad when you think about it I'm already over 5% to target lol my 5% loss target was 1st6lb and as of today I'm 1st7.8 lb down .... you won't be that far from your 5% either will you 3or4 lb at most ?

oliviafrances

Had a reply off Claire she said if you meet all the dietitian and psychologists requirements it is possible to go to mdt early( different to what she said to you) but you won't go on the waiting list till you've done your 6 months ( different to what the surgeon said) so I guess really it definitely just a game of wait and see what comes through the letterbox..... I've just had an appointment through I knew nothing about for the chest clinic in assuming tho that's because I have sleep apnea.but it's a 2 hour appointment ... 95% of the time im sticking to the 3 balanced meals and 3 litres of squash a day but it's getting easier and I'm definatly not as Hungry as I used to be or eating as much some meals that I would of demolished 6 weeks ago im full after 1/2 - 3/4 that 5% is the amount of excess weight lost which is mad when you think about it I'm already over 5% to target lol my 5% loss target was 1st6lb and as of today I'm 1st7.8 lb down .... you won't be that far from your 5% either will you 3or4 lb at most ?
Ah right, so even if we're discussed its looking at a year wait anyway, thank you for letting me know! I've found the same, I'm satisfied by smaller meals and because the meals aren't 'treats' I'm thinking about it less if that makes sense. I've got to up my fluid intake, I'm probably getting 1 1/2 litres a day if that. Yep only 3lbs away I think, gonna take a break from looking at scales as much, was getting a tad obsessed :p That's brilliant you've achieved that, I bet you'll be like 4st down by the time of surgery, which only makes his job easier so would be great all round!

Kate1980

I think of we said worse case senario it ll be August then any earlier is a bonus plus you can ask to go on the cancellations list of you can do short-ish notice ... my problem has always been I get to about 2 stone down and then that's it nothing else comes off but obviously I'm hoping for as much as possible to make the op and recovery easier

Kate1980

No not yet it's driving me a little insane lol I'm not sure how long it will take .... but like we ve said previously nothing can be done till mid Feb anyway x x how are you doing ?

oliviafrances

Yeah definitely, I'm doing ok thanks, weight loss has been fluctuating a bit but it's going down again which is good. How are you?

Kate1980

Yeah definitely, I'm doing ok thanks, weight loss has been fluctuating a bit but it's going down again which is good. How are you?
I'm ok weight loss was going well until I got a tummy bug I lost nearly 5lb that week and then the week after put 4lb back on and I've been bloody starving ever since lol trying to rein it back in tho ... it's not easy

Kate1980

@oliviafrances have record a letter today with an appointment for me sedman on the 20th feb which is exactly 6 months from our seminar so maybe it ll be at that appoinment that I'll go on the waiting list x x

Julia56

Hi you two. I went to meet Mr Pellen and Sophie (dietician) today. She confirmed to me that if you are on tier four the requirement is to at least maintain your weight and losing some would be preferable. There is no requirement on tier four to lose 5% of your weight, that is a tier three requirement. So please just concentrate on learning the three meals only a day mantra. Xxx

oliviafrances

I'm sure it won't add 2 months because we don't even go on his list till the end of Feb my next appointment is with Sophie on the 9th Jan then Mr sedman on the 20th February.... How are you doing @oliviafrances
My next appt is 15th I think with the dietition, haven't got anything scheduled with mr sedman... I'm alright thanks, going up, then down, but hey, if it was easy we wouldn't need this surgery eh? How are you doing?

Kate1980

My next appt is 15th I think with the dietition, haven't got anything scheduled with mr sedman... I'm alright thanks, going up, then down, but hey, if it was easy we wouldn't need this surgery eh? How are you doing?
I think Ive lost the same 5lbs about 3 times now so trying to keep it up over Christmas is going to be fun ....good luck for the 15th x x

oliviafrances

Thanks, you too! I've just had a letter through for an appointment with Mr Sedman very early March, do you think this could be pre-op stuff? :eek: Strange how we both have an appointment with him just after the MDT meeting!

oliviafrances

Thanks, you too! I've just had a letter through for an appointment with Mr Sedman very early March, do you think this could be pre-op stuff? :eek: Strange how we both have an appointment with him just after the MDT meeting!
A lady has just mentioned to me that it is probably an appointment to discuss the outcome of our MDT meeting and waiting lists x