• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Looking for advice please

Olivia Mr sedman was lovely wasn't he ? Did you get booked onto the group diet talk with beryl ? .... I got lucky my course is the 12th not the 14th so didn't have to rearrange anything ... Mr sedman mentioned coming back in 6-8 weeks do you know what for ?
He was! Yep I got onto the 14th thankfully, oh that's good then! :) Did he say that to you in the private appointment? He didn't say anything to me about 6-8 weeks, did he say what it was about?

Told you so!
Haha you did :p What happened after all of your first appointments? Is it purely a case of just going to the dietitian appointments until I lose 5% of my body weight? (psych didn't need to see me again, and surgeon said a 6-8 month wait for surgery)

He was! Yep I got onto the 14th thankfully, oh that's good then! :) Did he say that to you in the private appointment? He didn't say anything to me about 6-8 weeks, did he say what it was about?
Sorry for the late reply i didn't get a notification you'd answered yeah he said it in the private bit I've since had an appointment send through for his clinic for the 3rd Oct but I don't know what it's about .... I do remember something being said about an appointment being like a "cooling off " period incase you change your mind about going forward maybe it's that ..... can you remember when the nurse said the mdt meet ? Was it something like the 3rd thrusday or something ? ........ see you on the 14th already less than 2 weeks away in sure time will fly x

Sorry as well for the late reply. If you have got into the group dietician meeting in September you should get a follow up individual appointment with Beryl soon after, she will want to check your food diary and that give you a few questions to prove you understand what was said at the group session. After that you will probably be discussed at the next MDT meeting and be given another appointment with the consultant. If you are both happy then he may well list you at that appointment. Who has said you need to lose 5% of your weight? Check with Beryl when you see her if this is a requirement before you can be listed.

Sorry for the late reply i didn't get a notification you'd answered yeah he said it in the private bit I've since had an appointment send through for his clinic for the 3rd Oct but I don't know what it's about .... I do remember something being said about an appointment being like a "cooling off " period incase you change your mind about going forward maybe it's that ..... can you remember when the nurse said the mdt meet ? Was it something like the 3rd thrusday or something ? ........ see you on the 14th already less than 2 weeks away in sure time will fly x
That's a bit strange then! I'll ring Claire the nurse on Monday to make sure I've not fallen through the cracks in the system haha, yes that rings a bell, not sure I wrote that down sorry. Yes, the 14th is approaching fast, how are you finding the weight loss? Mine fluctuates so much :(

Sorry as well for the late reply. If you have got into the group dietician meeting in September you should get a follow up individual appointment with Beryl soon after, she will want to check your food diary and that give you a few questions to prove you understand what was said at the group session. After that you will probably be discussed at the next MDT meeting and be given another appointment with the consultant. If you are both happy then he may well list you at that appointment. Who has said you need to lose 5% of your weight? Check with Beryl when you see her if this is a requirement before you can be listed.
Beryl said at the group meeting that 5% weight loss is needed, which to be honest is really worrying me, I think I'm best ringing Claire and asking what appointments need to be made and when, I'd hate to find out I need to meet the surgeon again and need to wait another few months! I'm guessing you didn't have to lose a particular amount of weight pre-op? Also, Mr Sedman convinced me to get the bypass instead of the sleeve!

Yes it was either beryl or Claire that mentioned the 5% weight loss .... to be honest I don't know how I'm doing I don't have scales that will weigh that high but I have been good cut out toast snacking and swopped my s/f lemonade for s/f squash and no snacking in sure beryl said the group meeting was next then a couple more 1-2-1 appointments with her .... I was under the assumption we had to be in the system 6 months before we'd be discussed by the mdt so I was expecting that not to be till Feb or March time

Yes it was either beryl or Claire that mentioned the 5% weight loss .... to be honest I don't know how I'm doing I don't have scales that will weigh that high but I have been good cut out toast snacking and swopped my s/f lemonade for s/f squash and no snacking in sure beryl said the group meeting was next then a couple more 1-2-1 appointments with her .... I was under the assumption we had to be in the system 6 months before we'd be discussed by the mdt so I was expecting that not to be till Feb or March time
That's great well done! I've managed with cutting out all snacks and fizzy drinks, I thought it would a LOT more harder than it's been, I haven't had the cravings I expected either. Yeah I was thinking it would be 6 months minimum before the MDT meeting, hoping and praying that it's sooner though. Have you told anyone about your surgery yet? I've told a couple of people close to me, but it's so hard to talk about it when people could have such negative opinions on such a sensitive topic

Well I think you have to ask on the 14th if the 5% weight loss is a requirement to go forward for surgery for you. My only weight requirement was to not put weight on between the first appointment and the date of surgery.

Well I think you have to ask on the 14th if the 5% weight loss is a requirement to go forward for surgery for you. My only weight requirement was to not put weight on between the first appointment and the date of surgery.
both beryl and Claire said about losing 5% of body weight but she said it shouldn't be a problem if we are only eating 3 meals no snacking and fizzy pop they didn't say if you don't lose it you won't get surgery but it did seem like a requirement as they both mentioned it ... so I don't know

That's great well done! I've managed with cutting out all snacks and fizzy drinks, I thought it would a LOT more harder than it's been, I haven't had the cravings I expected either. Yeah I was thinking it would be 6 months minimum before the MDT meeting, hoping and praying that it's sooner though. Have you told anyone about your surgery yet? I've told a couple of people close to me, but it's so hard to talk about it when people could have such negative opinions on such a sensitive topic
My family and my partner's family know and a couple of freinds know I think if they know how much you are bothered about your weight then they should understand if they are negative they aren't much of a freind/ family plus I find it impossible that anyone who knows me that I've been overweight for more than 20 years suddenly can lose 10 stone in a year when I couldn't before

Beryl did mention the 5% weight loss to me too but it is so easy to achieve when you cut out all snacks and fizzy drinks which is why I think they make it a requirement, to check your not continuing on with bad habits! They did also mention that from the first date, your not allowed to put on any weight throughout the process, said it's not a massive deal if you maintain but can't gain. A man that I saw in the group meeting had put on 4KG and Beryl had sent him back to the beginning. X

Beryl can be a force to be reckoned with! Lol!

Beryl did mention the 5% weight loss to me too but it is so easy to achieve when you cut out all snacks and fizzy drinks which is why I think they make it a requirement, to check your not continuing on with bad habits! They did also mention that from the first date, your not allowed to put on any weight throughout the process, said it's not a massive deal if you maintain but can't gain. A man that I saw in the group meeting had put on 4KG and Beryl had sent him back to the beginning. X
It's our 1st group meeting in just under 2 weeks and i was wondering if theres a chance to be weighed ? as it will of been a month since our initial weigh in and I can't weigh at home as my scales don't match the hospital ones I think I've lost about 5lb in the 2 weeks so far but cant be sure

It's our 1st group meeting in just under 2 weeks and i was wondering if theres a chance to be weighed ? as it will of been a month since our initial weigh in and I can't weigh at home as my scales don't match the hospital ones I think I've lost about 5lb in the 2 weeks so far but cant be sure
They don't usually weigh you at this meeting but ring the dietician appointments secretary and see if they can. You will get weighed when you get the 1:1 with Beryl.

They don't usually weigh you at this meeting but ring the dietician appointments secretary and see if they can. You will get weighed when you get the 1:1 with Beryl.
I thought we would be weighed at the group meeting in front of everyone! That's a massive relief that we won't be! I've been worrying about that quite a bit haha
Any tips for what the group dietition session will be like? And the turn around time after for the 1:1 session? :) Hope you're all doing well by the way!

Ring the appointment secretary and see if she will book you an appointment for after the group session. Might even be on the same day. There will be a rush at the end of the group session to get the 1:1 so if they will allow you to book it now you will be ahead of the game. Good luck!

She said the 1-2-1 should be in one or two weeks after so not much longer to wait either way ... Thank you x

Back