• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Looking for advice please

I'm sorry you didn't find it worthwhile! I thought it was quite interesting actually, the general stuff I knew but there was a couple of useful tips in there for me :) Yeah exactly! I'm dreading this six month wait, especially as that is a minimum. I went to my local support group this week, wasn't a great experience, I felt like a lot of the people there were unhappy :( Just not a place for me, have you been to yours yet? Let us know how your surgeon visit goes! :D
It wasn't so much that I didn't find it interesting I just can't understand why they throw in a 2 hour talk about what you 'll be able to eat after surgery when it's at least 6 months away if you get accepted in the 1st place I think 2 hours spent helping you to change what your eating now to help with the 5 %weight loss would of been more helpful at this point my support group is the 27th might be good as they are hoping to have medical member of the bariatric team there I'll let you know how it goes ..... funnily I emailed Claire asking about proving we'd been to a support group she just said "we'll take your word for it , there's nothing to sign or get proof"

I hate groups of people I don't know so I'm panicing a bit about it but the lady running it is picking up a freind from around the corner so she's giving me a lift so hopefully I won't be sat there on my own all night

It wasn't so much that I didn't find it interesting I just can't understand why they throw in a 2 hour talk about what you 'll be able to eat after surgery when it's at least 6 months away if you get accepted in the 1st place I think 2 hours spent helping you to change what your eating now to help with the 5 %weight loss would of been more helpful at this point my support group is the 27th might be good as they are hoping to have medical member of the bariatric team there I'll let you know how it goes ..... funnily I emailed Claire asking about proving we'd been to a support group she just said "we'll take your word for it , there's nothing to sign or get proof"
Why not give them constructive feedback about this Kate. The 5% weight loss is a new requirement from when I went through the process but it sounds like the group session hasn't changed.

I hate groups of people I don't know so I'm panicing a bit about it but the lady running it is picking up a freind from around the corner so she's giving me a lift so hopefully I won't be sat there on my own all night
I'm not keen on them either, but to tick another box and get further to surgery for just an hour & half wasn't too bad. I kind of feel bad for not going back there because the people were so welcoming and lovely :p Is there anything else we technically have to do now until surgery apart from the 1-1 session? The psych didn't need to see me again and I don't have comorbidities that need to be assessed

Why not give them constructive feedback about this Kate. The 5% weight loss is a new requirement from when I went through the process but it sounds like the group session hasn't changed.
I'm guessing it's the way it's always been done so it must work it just seemed like they said go away lose 5% of your body weight but other than beryl saying just eat 3 meals no snacks there's been no help for doing that .... I've been really strict with myself and have already lost 13 lb since the seminar weigh in but that's according to my scales for only knows what the hospital ones will say

I'm not keen on them either, but to tick another box and get further to surgery for just an hour & half wasn't too bad. I kind of feel bad for not going back there because the people were so welcoming and lovely :p Is there anything else we technically have to do now until surgery apart from the 1-1 session? The psych didn't need to see me again and I don't have comorbidities that need to be assessed
It was just the 1 or 2 1:1 with beryl I think psych signed me off and Mr sedman said he was happy for me to have the bypass done so as far as I know that's it ..... I'll let you know what my appointment is for on the 3rd unless it's to assess my sleep apnea although I have my cpap and it's under control how often does your group meet because mine's just the last Wednesday of every month so i missed augusts as i didnt email straight away .... woops

It was just the 1 or 2 1:1 with beryl I think psych signed me off and Mr sedman said he was happy for me to have the bypass done so as far as I know that's it ..... I'll let you know what my appointment is for on the 3rd unless it's to assess my sleep apnea although I have my cpap and it's under control how often does your group meet because mine's just the last Wednesday of every month so i missed augusts as i didnt email straight away .... woops
Mines just the second thursday of every month I think, just had a phone call from Jane with the dietitions at Hull asking if I'd like to come in tomorrow for my 1-2-1 instead of november as there has been a cancellation. I declined it as I'm not where I want to be with my weight loss yet, but just a heads up as she might ring you and you could get 6-7 week infront of everyone else :)

Mines just the second thursday of every month I think, just had a phone call from Jane with the dietitions at Hull asking if I'd like to come in tomorrow for my 1-2-1 instead of november as there has been a cancellation. I declined it as I'm not where I want to be with my weight loss yet, but just a heads up as she might ring you and you could get 6-7 week infront of everyone else :)
Haha yes she's just phoned with an appointment for tomorrow so it's brought it forward about 5.5 weeks I think I've lost about a stone but that's on my scales so I'll let you know how disappointed I am when it's not that much tomorrow ..... hey Olivia 4 lbs is a fab loss and beryl would of definatly been happy with that x x

Haha yes she's just phoned with an appointment for tomorrow so it's brought it forward about 5.5 weeks I think I've lost about a stone but that's on my scales so I'll let you know how disappointed I am when it's not that much tomorrow ..... hey Olivia 4 lbs is a fab loss and beryl would of definatly been happy with that x x
A stone is fantastic, you should be so proud of that! I'm starting a VLCD today, did one a year and lost about 2 stone on it so it should kickstart me this time. Thing is we have to be on this pathway for 6 months minimum anyway so I think my appointment in Nov will spread the time out a bit instead of having a big wait :) Let us know how it goes and what to expect! Good luck :D

A stone is fantastic, you should be so proud of that! I'm starting a VLCD today, did one a year and lost about 2 stone on it so it should kickstart me this time. Thing is we have to be on this pathway for 6 months minimum anyway so I think my appointment in Nov will spread the time out a bit instead of having a big wait :) Let us know how it goes and what to expect! Good luck :D
Which vcld are you doing i used slim and save last time and most of their products are really nice and they have bars and meals too not just shakes I've been using them to supplement some of my meals ( like I might just have 1or 2 a day then normal meals the rest and adding veg to them or the slim rice/ noodles. ...I know what you mean about the wait and the 6 months but I think the more regularly I see her and get weighed the more I know I have to stay on track ... like I was thinking oh I've got till Nov I don't need to be so strict so it was tempting me to cheat lol I'll let you know how it goes on the bus now x

Which vcld are you doing i used slim and save last time and most of their products are really nice and they have bars and meals too not just shakes I've been using them to supplement some of my meals ( like I might just have 1or 2 a day then normal meals the rest and adding veg to them or the slim rice/ noodles. ...I know what you mean about the wait and the 6 months but I think the more regularly I see her and get weighed the more I know I have to stay on track ... like I was thinking oh I've got till Nov I don't need to be so strict so it was tempting me to cheat lol I'll let you know how it goes on the bus now x
I think I've been a bit like that, no snacking or fizzy drinks but my meals haven't been the healthiest! That's a good idea supplementing your meals with them, a year ago I did Exante which really worked but the actual meals (not bars or shakes) were gross. This time I've gone with The New You Plan, only had the shake this morning but it seems fine so far, but their meals are only 130 calories each instead of the 200 that exante was so I should see a difference eventually, even if I just do it for breakfast and lunch. Do you think when we lose the 5% we'll then be discussed at the MDT meeting? I can't think of any other things we'd have to do!

Hellooooo just got out didn't see beryl but a dietition called Sophie who is lovely my official weigh in showed a loss of 1 stone 4 lbs I answered all my questions right lol the only down point was getting a balance in my meals ie protein carbs and veg I've normally only got 2 out of the 3 so got to concentrate on getting all 3 in ..... but she's passed me for disscussion at mdt but she says it ll still be a minimum of 6 months on the pathway before the surgery so looking at feb/March for that my next dietition appointment now is in 12 weeks x x p.s at least we know it's not 6 months before they will discuss at mdt

Hellooooo just got out didn't see beryl but a dietition called Sophie who is lovely my official weigh in showed a loss of 1 stone 4 lbs I answered all my questions right lol the only down point was getting a balance in my meals ie protein carbs and veg I've normally only got 2 out of the 3 so got to concentrate on getting all 3 in ..... but she's passed me for disscussion at mdt but she says it ll still be a minimum of 6 months on the pathway before the surgery so looking at feb/March for that my next dietition appointment now is in 12 weeks x x p.s at least we know it's not 6 months before they will discuss at mdt

That's brilliant news well done! :D That must feel amazing to be onto the MDT meeting! Did she mention what the waiting times are like? Thanks for sharing the info, the more I know what to expect the more calm I am for them haha

She didn't say about waiting times but I'm back next week for my appointment with Mr sedman ( she said this might not actually be mr sedman it might be Claire the nurse ) so ill ask then .... sophie didnt know we'd been told we'd got to lose 5% she said any loss is fab but as long as weight isn't put on ..... I'm wondering if you get the go ahead at mdt weather you could be put on the list for March in advance I'll ask that you next week .
Litterally all today was 1.be weighed 2.answer questions about diet and life after surgery 3.look at good diary x x x

She didn't say about waiting times but I'm back next week for my appointment with Mr sedman ( she said this might not actually be mr sedman it might be Claire the nurse ) so ill ask then .... sophie didnt know we'd been told we'd got to lose 5% she said any loss is fab but as long as weight isn't put on ..... I'm wondering if you get the go ahead at mdt weather you could be put on the list for March in advance I'll ask that you next week .
Litterally all today was 1.be weighed 2.answer questions about diet and life after surgery 3.look at good diary x x x
It's all looking good then! :D Yeah if we could have our surgery in Feb/March next year that would be brilliant

Hello and welcome I am new to this site as well my op is 4th October I am now on second week of milk diet . When I got referred from doctors I was like you I wanted it there and then but there are reasons you need to go through the whole process , I am in surrey and having my surgery in Chichester I had to wait 6 months for first appointment then it's was about every 3 months to do tier 3 sand in total it's been about 18 months but has gone so quick you must attend all appointments good luck hope you hear soon x

The point of the dieticians and the 3 meals a day no snacking is to establish the habit for healthy eating after surgery. It isn't about getting the biggest weight loss, but about establishing good eating practice.

Doing a VLCD goes against the principles and doesn't help you prepare for after surgery. So it kind of makes going through the process a bit pointless.

If you were to discuss this with Beryl (or the others) it would not be seen as a positive thing to do I am sure.

The point of the dieticians and the 3 meals a day no snacking is to establish the habit for healthy eating after surgery. It isn't about getting the biggest weight loss, but about establishing good eating practice.

Doing a VLCD goes against the principles and doesn't help you prepare for after surgery. So it kind of makes going through the process a bit pointless.

If you were to discuss this with Beryl (or the others) it would not be seen as a positive thing to do I am sure.
I did tell my dietition that I was using the vlcd packs alongside my diet ie porride pack( made into a waffle) with yogurt for breakfast or a meal with veg for my tea and she didn't say anything about it just as long as the meals were protien carb and veg balanced.

Back