• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello! Looking for advice please

I think I've been a bit like that, no snacking or fizzy drinks but my meals haven't been the healthiest! That's a good idea supplementing your meals with them, a year ago I did Exante which really worked but the actual meals (not bars or shakes) were gross. This time I've gone with The New You Plan, only had the shake this morning but it seems fine so far, but their meals are only 130 calories each instead of the 200 that exante was so I should see a difference eventually, even if I just do it for breakfast and lunch. Do you think when we lose the 5% we'll then be discussed at the MDT meeting? I can't think of any other things we'd have to do!
If your planning on using the vcld 100% rather than just supplementing certain meals of maybe drop Claire an email and see what she says you don't want to wait till Nov go with a great weight loss but It not count because of the way you've done it x x

If your planning on using the vcld 100% rather than just supplementing certain meals of maybe drop Claire an email and see what she says you don't want to wait till Nov go with a great weight loss but It not count because of the way you've done it x x
The VLCD I've currently got only gives me 400 calories a day (no way near enough) so I supplmented it yesterday e.g the soup I had some crackers with, the meal I had lots of veg with, etc. It's not what I'll be following post-op so I'm trying to incorporate the VLCD items into a healthier meal plan alongside other things :)

Plus I think I'm going to start doing what you've done, replace maybe one meal a day with a VLCD product and the rest concentrate on getting the balance of my meals right :)

Plus I think I'm going to start doing what you've done, replace maybe one meal a day with a VLCD product and the rest concentrate on getting the balance of my meals right :)
:greenapple: as long as you make sure that there's carbs , protein and fruit/veg at every meal you 'll smash it and be on Novembers mdt list :bestwishes: also make sure your getting in at least 2 litres of water or sugar free that makes a big difference to your weight loss

:greenapple: as long as you make sure that there's carbs , protein and fruit/veg at every meal you 'll smash it and be on Novembers mdt list :bestwishes: also make sure your getting in at least 2 litres of water or sugar free that makes a big difference to your weight loss
Let's hope so! :bunnydance: Yep, you just reminded me to go get another bottle of water haha, I can't wait until they say when to expect my surgery, I'd probably pee myself with excitement. Did the surgeon say to you his expectation of time before surgery? He said 6-8 months for me, which ties in with the feb/march you was told, I'm so ridiculously excited and it's still ages away haha :p

Let's hope so! :bunnydance: Yep, you just reminded me to go get another bottle of water haha, I can't wait until they say when to expect my surgery, I'd probably pee myself with excitement. Did the surgeon say to you his expectation of time before surgery? He said 6-8 months for me, which ties in with the feb/march you was told, I'm so ridiculously excited and it's still ages away haha :p
I can't remember if he did it was all a blur that i was actually there its on my questions list for next week lol I've got one of those bottles that has the times on and I just make sure i fill it 3 times a day it goes everywhere with me lol

I can't remember if he did it was all a blur that i was actually there its on my questions list for next week lol I've got one of those bottles that has the times on and I just make sure i fill it 3 times a day it goes everywhere with me lol
Oh yeah I've heard of those, I'll have a look online and see if I can get one. Have you started doing any exercise? I'm going swimming about twice a week at the minute but that's it, the thought of going hardcore at the gym right now is quite daunting

Oh yeah I've heard of those, I'll have a look online and see if I can get one. Have you started doing any exercise? I'm going swimming about twice a week at the minute but that's it, the thought of going hardcore at the gym right now is quite daunting
I got my bottle from home bargins for a couple of quid online they tend to be expensive .... the I my exersise I do really is walking I do the school run twice a day and walking to and from the shops inbetween plus I work on my feet at the weekend but other than that I'm not doing any other exersise I know after surgery they say weight loss = 80% diet 20% exersise and from what I've seen them it's mainly to to be rather than boost extra weight loss x

Please check if you are on tier three or tier four. It sounds to me that you are both on tier four. If you are on tier four then the main requirements are to get your meal balances right, eat three times a day with no snacking, understand how to cope with your WLS and not put any further weight on from first group meeting.

If you are on tier 3 then there is a requirement to lose 5% of your weight and attend dietary meetings for a minimum of 12 months but from what you have both said about your BMI then I don't think this is the case for either of you.

So please don't get obsessed with dieting and weight loss. We all know that there comes a stage when it is impossible to lose weight and maintain that loss through dieting.

I went straight on to tier 4 at Castle Hill and whilst I did lose some weight through the process it was through healthy eating and not a diet.

Swimming and exercise are great ideas. Not to lose weight but to get yourself as strong as you can prior to surgery.

Please feel free to ignore me if you think I'm talking rubbish but there seems to be some confusion over the 5% thing so it may be worth checking it out.

Please check if you are on tier three or tier four. It sounds to me that you are both on tier four. If you are on tier four then the main requirements are to get your meal balances right, eat three times a day with no snacking, understand how to cope with your WLS and not put any further weight on from first group meeting.

If you are on tier 3 then there is a requirement to lose 5% of your weight and attend dietary meetings for a minimum of 12 months but from what you have both said about your BMI then I don't think this is the case for either of you.

So please don't get obsessed with dieting and weight loss. We all know that there comes a stage when it is impossible to lose weight and maintain that loss through dieting.

I went straight on to tier 4 at Castle Hill and whilst I did lose some weight through the process it was through healthy eating and not a diet.

Swimming and exercise are great ideas. Not to lose weight but to get yourself as strong as you can prior to surgery.

Please feel free to ignore me if you think I'm talking rubbish but there seems to be some confusion over the 5% thing so it may be worth checking it out.
yes its tier 4 ... howeverClaire definatly said at seminar a 5% weight loss was needed ( becayse i wrote it in my notes) and I'm 80% sure beryl backed this up when it was her turn to speak as it was the 1st thing I did when I got home was work out how much I needed to lose so I'm wondering now if they've got mixed up..oh well as long as the mealscare balanced and no snacking the weight loss should happen naturally I guess

yes its tier 4 ... howeverClaire definatly said at seminar a 5% weight loss was needed ( becayse i wrote it in my notes) and I'm 80% sure beryl backed this up when it was her turn to speak as it was the 1st thing I did when I got home was work out how much I needed to lose so I'm wondering now if they've got mixed up..oh well as long as the mealscare balanced and no snacking the weight loss should happen naturally I guess
It's definitely a requirement to lose 5% of our body weight on tier 4, it has been said to us by both beryl and Claire. It must have changed since you was there Julia ☺️

Thanks! Oh yeah we did! That will be interesting post-op especially as we'll have had the same surgery at probably around the same time so we can see if we lose similar amounts of weight :D I have the weight watchers ones from Argos I think

Dietition have rang again and offered me an appointment for next Friday which I've taken, I don't think I'll be passed onto the MDT meeting because I haven't lost the amazing amount you have Kate but it's good to get the ball rolling with it!

Dietition have rang again and offered me an appointment for next Friday which I've taken, I don't think I'll be passed onto the MDT meeting because I haven't lost the amazing amount you have Kate but it's good to get the ball rolling with it!
that's good news you never know you've got another week yet plus you've shown commitment to losing the weight and you 'll get to the 5 % before the 6 months is up I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x x

@oliviafrances just seen Mr sedman it was just to confirm I still wanted to go ahead with ok ( so not sure why you didn't have an appointment ) he confirmed happy to go to mdt which is 2nd Friday of the month so mine will be 13th October (so if you get ok'd on friday you might be too ) and he said if it was ok'd then he'd send a letter letting me know and I'll be put on the waiting list x

@oliviafrances just seen Mr sedman it was just to confirm I still wanted to go ahead with ok ( so not sure why you didn't have an appointment ) he confirmed happy to go to mdt which is 2nd Friday of the month so mine will be 13th October (so if you get ok'd on friday you might be too ) and he said if it was ok'd then he'd send a letter letting me know and I'll be put on the waiting list x
OMG that's so exciting! You must be thrilled :D Strange that I didn't have the same appointment, I guess I could ask on Friday about it. Did he mention anything about the waiting list and how long it would be? Any details you can remember would be really useful (totally get those things are a blur though and if you don't want to share more that's completely ok), eeeek I'm buzzing for you haha

I've just realised it's been 4 months since my first doctors appointment starting this whole process, and that's gone by in a blink of an eye, a 6 months wait for surgery is looking a lot more manageable now :D

OMG that's so exciting! You must be thrilled :D Strange that I didn't have the same appointment, I guess I could ask on Friday about it. Did he mention anything about the waiting list and how long it would be? Any details you can remember would be really useful (totally get those things are a blur though and if you don't want to share more that's completely ok), eeeek I'm buzzing for you haha
Oh poo i forgot that one but claire said they weren't hitting the 18 week target I reckon it's about 6 months I could email Claire but I think she's on holiday for 2 weeks as of this week can't belive it's been 6 weeks since seminar I don't have any more appointments now till January ... let's see how that goes lol

Back