• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP NEEDED..Salford Royal Patient..REPLIES ARE GRATEFUL

i think its basically that stuff high in sugar or fat, goes into your bowel, and does summat to your insulin levels or summat, also it draws the water out of your body to the bowel, but what it means for us is, u go all clammy n sweaty, nauseus, feel absolutley awful, weak, and possibly stomach cramps and diarhrea, all u can do is lie down and wait for it to pass. mine was only mild, but i wouldnt like it again. i think you also have to be careful of natural sugars as well, like fruit sugars, n stuff like that. shelbell is the one toask, she is fantastic with stuff cos shes 2 yrs out now, ive been lucky, cos ive never even got food stuck or anything, poor phatmomma is having a real problem with that at the mo. and i can also eat allsorts of stuff like bread, which a lot cant eat. i dont eat a lot, but if i want to i can. now ive got u really confused aint i, sorry huni. its a giant learning curve though, and im only really at the beginning yet. hugs, x

It's certainly a learning curve love... thank you so much for explaining that, I had no idea.

I can see that I am going to have to be extra careful in managing my insulin levels... I have no insulin production, only via injection now, so it will be something I shall have to bear in mind.

That feeling sound something like how I can feel at the start of a diabetic 'hypo', not nice at all.

I imagine we are all so different in how much insulin tolerance we have and how our bodies are responding... it's on my question list when I eventually get an appointment since I live in hope of reducing some of my insulins in the longer term.

Take care Angel and look after yourself xxx

well u never know huni, that might just happen, cos a lot of diabetics have had wonderful outcomes after surgery, so fingers crossed you will be one of them. even a reduction would be better wouldnt it. well u more or less know what it feels like to dump, even if its different thing, i just cant wait for you to get your appt. then u can start moving. hey i just thought, maybe when ur in hospital, i could come and see you, if u wouldnt mind that is. see ya soon. hugs x

For sure Dawn... absolutely... we will get together... I hope to meet you before you come to visit me and thank you so much, I won't get visitors since I'm a long way from home. How many nights are you in for?

I just have to do what I can to help myself to be in the best condition possible from now until my time comes... life is flying past so quickly, I have been trapped in this body for the past thirty five years unable to resolve my weight issues... it's true what they say... I want to live before I die and I have missed out on so many many things I have wanted to do over the years.

Give it your best shot Dawn, for a new life.
Loads of love xxx

oh def, i hope we can meet before you go in for ur op. i went in at 7am friday morning, i was in theatre at 8.30 ish. and i came home on sunday evening at about 7pm. mind u i wasnt fit for much, but at least i was home.
and yes, we def need to live before we die, and now is our time. maybe when u come for your appt, i could meet u at the hospital and we could go for a coffee at the plaza. its the sort of little shopping area that the hospital have, and theres a cafe. hugs x

You are on Dawn & I can't wait... will keep you posted of my appointments and meet up along the way... be great to spend some time with you love.

I just hope that you go from strength to strength now and this is a huge turning point for your health and wellbeing.... 'things can only get better' and the 'only way is up'.... positive thinking from now on and we will look forward to dropping our dress sizes together and being glam at 60, but hopefully way before that!!!

Loads of love xxx

oh babes, itll be years before our 60th birthdays, i bet your prob talking nearer to 55 if that, i mean you can lose about 10 stone a year, and i know i dont need to lose that much, and i dont think u do, so def before we're 55. even if you didnt get your op till u were 54, we would still do it.
im actually quite lucky, if ive managed to lose 3 stone altogether when i go next month, that would mean id only have about another 2 to go, so im hoping that by christmas ill be more or less there. then its just keeping it off. hopefully when u get your appt, the lists migt have come down, and you will be done and dusted by christmas or early new year, so by your birthday next year, you would be well on your way. ill be supporting you all the way and cheering you along. then just wait till the golden girls hit town, woo hoo. hugs x

Haha... you are too kind Dawn...

I'm thinking I will be around 55 before I get the ball rolling to lose my weight... just hope my diabetes doesn't do any more damage as I am suffering with it now...

One way or another it will happen...

You are doing so well and what a tremendous result, where do you go for your weigh in? Is it to Dr. Ammori's clinic? What sort of follow up do you have post surgery? xxx

i had my first follow up 5 weeks after surgery, and it is in mr ammoris clinic, but unless theres a problem you only see the dietician, which i did, then i was given another appt for august 13. so i chose not to get weighed till then, at my first appt i had lost just under a stone and a half, itll be 10 weeks when i go since i was weighed, so hopefully ill have lost at least another 1.5 stone, i think i def have. but with being so tiny, even a bit of weight shows, so i dont want to aim high and be dissappointed, lol. they normally wouldnt have done wls on me cos i had no co morbidites, and my bmi was just touching 40, but they did it cos of my needing the other surgery. one thing i do know, ill never make it to the century club, or there wouldnt be anything left of me lol.. i just wish my boobs would shrink, i have lost weight off them, but cos theyve always been so big, it dosnt seem much compared to everywhere else, im gutted, i really wanted to lose a lot off them. still, they gonna be that flat ill just be able to roll em up and shove em in a bra.
i really hope that cos of your diabetes and cancer, they might fast track you, that would be fantastic wouldnt it.
where abouts in wales do u live huni,
hugs x

I'm along the coast... heading for the Snowdonia mountains...

I don't think there will be any fast tracking only via private... since I was told there was a large waiting list and I don't expect to be treated any differently....

I have only spoken to Gill, the Secretary and she was really lovely and helpful... so I'm enthusiastic... I won't be seeing Dr. New, as expected, I've been sent straight to Dr. Ammori, not sure why... but anyway it's a start xxx

mr ammori is the top man, everybody loved him. and u never know, you do have other conditions to take into consideration, an if your diabetes is playing up, then that makes it more of a priority than anyone who dosnt have the problem. im still keeping my fingers crossed anyway.
my mother in law lives in prestatyn, how much further on than that are u. you are soooo lucky living there, its such a beautiful part of the country isnt it, i would have liked to have lived there myself, but all my girls live here, 3 of them within shouting distance and the other about 8 miles away, so ill have to stay put. plus with all my surgerys being dont at salford, i really need to stay near there too.
are u gonna watch bb tonight

Aww bless... which part of Prestatyn do your family live in? ... we are close... now don't worry about your boobs... I read that for some people it can take longer for them to shrink... but they will... it's another commonality that we have Dawn!

As soon as I get a date... I will be arranging to meet up when I get going....

We have such a lot of catching up to do and such a lot to look forward too...

Bless you precious xxx

oh we definately do, there is only my mother in law who lives ther, she did live in a mobile home nr ffrith beach up until about 3 yrs ago, i think she lives nr the centre of prestatyn now, i havent been for the last few years, cos me and hubby split up 4 and half yrs ago, i moved out and into a little council bungalow about half a mile away. me n him still get on great, better than when i was with him anyway. and he tends to stay here a few nights of the week. even though we're not together, lol. he still loves me like mad, so is happy jut to be near me, even though he still hasnt changed, he still lives in the pub. but this way, i can say, sod off, and he has mellowed in some areas, so i can handle it. and although i s poke to his mum at my daughters wedding, we dont see each other now. shame really cos we got on great. still. life goes on.

Life goes on love and it's going to be all about you now Dawn... it's your time to come and it sounds like you have well earned this chance...

Keep going, keep positive and I shall look forward very much to my hug... I shall have no family visitors, but knowing I shall have you will see me on my way.... bless you xxx

u can def count on that huni, ill get kristi to bring me, anyway huni, im gonna take me night time meds now, and i need to lie down, i just hope i dont fall asleep before bb comes on, although knowing me, once they kick in, i will sleep for at least an hour, i always do, lol. so ill come back on as soon as i can. if youve loggd off, ill leave u a message. hugs n snugs, see ya later, x

Nite and God Bless love, we have so much to look forward too.... take good care xxx

A message to gail,

I hope you get this,but I was really hoping u could help as I knw u had surgery at salford.
Ive got my date now!! and I want to know what to take to hospital with me,as Ive no idea and did anyone stay with you,and how long was u in for.
Im in such a worry,as Ive got 2 young children and need to get things sorted...I hope you get this..

thanks gail

hi emma-louise, its dawny here, i had my surgery at salford. unfortunately no one will be allowed to stay with you for more than about 15 mins or so, apparantly there isnt any room in the little suite that you wait in. but after surgery you go straight to the ward and then you can have visitors at visiting time. youll probably be very sleepy so you wont be worried about that. as for what to take in, i just took in a couple of pairs of pj's, a toilet bag, towel, dressing gown, slippers, my mobile phone, and a few mags, i found i was too groggy to concentrate on a book or anything, so mags are great, you can just flick through them. oh and any meds you are on, take them in with you. i cant think of anything else at the moment. i went in friday morning at 7.00. i went down to theatre at about 8.40 am, was back on the ward by about 1ish. i actualy went home on the sunday evening. so your not in long if all goes well, which it should do.hope this has helped a bit. if not just ask again and ill see if i can help. hugs dawny x

thanks dawny,

ive been looking on this site for info,and some people take huge amounts of stuff! some people say take sanitary stuff as surgery may bring on a period??
and also wind relief things..do you know about any of these

thanks

Back