• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go... or as I like to call it, 'I'm officially turning into a Snack A Jack'

Hiya.........

SO pleased it went well, it sounded a lovely hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so in lov ewith that Shaw Somer's........... i'd never let him out of the bedroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Good to hear your recovering well too.....

Delighted everything went so very well for you Ollie.

It sounds a very positive experience by all accounts.

Does Mr. Somer's look at yummy as he does on TV:rolleyes::confused:

I can feel his charisma oozing from the TV when I watch him...He just seems so caring and understanding of his patients.

Love Mini xxx

Pleased they looked after you Ollie and that you're on the mend :)

Love the expression 'slice and dice' :D

pmpl at slice and dice Ollie, great to read your story and have you safely back on the losing side, on the mend and happy x

Yay Ollies back! Lovely to see you posting Ol.

Great read ;) glad it all went well for you! Now its just slim all the way!

Hiya Ollie

Glad to hear it all went well hun and hopefully catch you soon xxx

Hmmm...

Firstly, thanks for all your best wishes... it means a lot to know that there are peeps who know what you are going through and can offer brilliant advice.

I have to say, it's lovely to be home but I really do miss the safety of being around Mr Somers and his team, if that makes sense. I mean, if we have any questions they would be there... they are still there via phone and email, but it's not the same as face to face. I kinda feel a bit :gen157:

I know that I have you guys to help, and I have the phone support from Shel (aka Shelbell), Debs, Sue and Alice (the other ladies sliced the same time as me... we're 'Shaw's Girls'!!!) and I am SO thankful for that support. But there's still a little nagging devil on my shoulder, saying 'you're not gonna lose anything eating that!!!' and I feel confused.

I just keep on worrying that I am eating too much, so from today onwards I will try and list what I am eating and you guys can jump on me if you think I am scoffing too much!!! :whoopass:

Right... this is what I have had so far today;

B - 1/2 Weetabix with SS milk

MM snack - Muller Vitality LF yoghurt and triangle of Dairylea Light

L - about 4 tblspoons of Quorn mince and two teaspoons of mash with a pinch of cheese (this made me feel VERY full, but I burped and didn't puke)

MA snack - Tesco Value lollie (22 cals)

I am thinking to make pea and mint soup for supper.

I can easily munch Ryvita and had that for a snack the other night with smooth peanut butter, which was nice.

The mince made me feel way too full because on it's own it's just enough, but the mash pushed it over and I ate it as normal. Really have to start to listen to my body again... :booboo:

I saw on WLSinfo that they have a newbie RNY thread where they post what they are eating... does such a thing exist on here? Could we start one?

If there is one, could someone please send me the thread, otherwise I will start one later today. I think the last thing I should be doing is :hide: and not looking for support.

Anyhow, to all your questions... Becks, thanks for your wishes. As for sutures, Shaw used Vicryl so no sutures to come out :)

Mini... hehehe, think how he is on TV and times it by a million!!! He really is the most lovely, caring and genuine person I have had the pleasure to meet in a long time, and I am SO happy he is my surgeon. I just felt so safe with him and his team looking after me :bliss:

If you all behave, you can come with me to my post-op check... maybe I should hold an auction for the place?!! :giggle:

Hope you are all doing well... Nic, how are you doing? I have texted Shel a few times, but don't know your number. Hope all is well.

All the best to everyone on their weightloss journey!!!

*hugs*

x

Well done Ollie!! If it helps ( i know I am a bander) here is what I have had today -
BF - 1 small pot low fat custard
L - few teaspoons of mashed crab meat
MAS - sainsburys high juice fruit lolly
Tea- will be 300g heinz soup.
Drinking loads of sugar free squash in between but can totally identify with the whole 'am i eating too much thing' cos I feel that way too, yet when you look at what you have had its not a lot really!!
Keep at it hun and the results will soon speak for themselves.

Hey Ols,

Heres what I've had today ...

B - Tesco Low Fat Probiotic Yoghurt drink, small glass OJ
MM - 1/2 pack quavers (couldn't find anything else in after returning from blackpool!)
L - 1/2 tin heinz tomato soup
MA - Dairylea Cheese stripper
D - Inside of half a jacket pot with cheese all mushed up

Will prob have a hot chocolate (options) around 8pmish.

can relate fully to what you are saying. weel done on making the hard decision to go for bypass. it truly will change your life! I'm 8 weeks post op and have lost over 3 stone got another 5 to go but it has been alot easier than i expected. Good luck with it all and i look forward to seeing your progress x

Wow, Tammy... that is fantastic w/l!!! What are you eating?

Ali, thanks for your wishes... I have to keep on telling myself that I am not absorbing all of the food, but still... that little devil needs a whack!!!

Shel... thanks for posting your food (and for texting yesterday!!!) I tried that Options but it made my blood sugars soar and I felt rather ill afterwards, so I think I will stay away from that!!!

I'm just so paranoid about my Type II Diabetes - so far, I have been around 6 - 8 mmol/l without meds, but it shot up to 10.4 after the Options and stayed that way for around 12 hours - the Nurses told me if it goes above 10 mmol/l then I will have to return to my Metformin.

I am trying to be careful, though. One of the reasons I decided on a GB was because a lot of peeps find it 'cures' the Diabetes.

I really don't want to go back onto Metformin... :(

Ah well...

x

ahhh forgot about the diabetes, that makes things completely different for you then I would imagine!

If in doubt, phone the nurses and ask :)

Will do :)

At the mo, it's ok... :innocent0001:

Actually, I think I just dumped... maybe a wee bit too much fat with the cheese and half a teaspoon of spreadable butter in the mash with the mince?!!! :sign0007:

Won't be doing that again - will use a splash of milk instead, as that Aunt Bessies mash is too thick.

x

Well, I didn't have anything to eat since posting my food diary yesterday afternoon, so I had a Ryvita...

Now usually, I'm fine with them, but last night they just sat there and in the end I was sick :sign0137:

Anyhow, felt a bit worried and rang the wonderful Bariatric nurses at St Richards. They put my mind a rest, as did the wonderful texts from Mandy, Shel and Shaw's Girls... thanks, peeps!!!

:grouphugg:

Cripes, it's so important to have a support network, isn't it?

Anyhow, I went to bed feeling rather sorry for myself, but feel better this morning.

Woke up REALLY late and had a Muller Vitality for b'fast. Lunch was a can of Heinz Tomato soup.

I feel fine but I think I was given a swift reminder y'day to take it easy... I know I will have good days and bad days. Y'day was a bad day, and I am over it and looking forward to the good days!!!

Hope you are all doing ok...

x

Fingers crossed for a better day today Ollie x

Ryvita sounds very textured and crunchy for so soon post-op, maybe give it a miss for a week or so and try again?

Yepsie... exactly what I am doing!!! And just after I bought another flippin' pack, as well!!! :giggle:

Ah well, it's hardly going to go off in a week, is it?!!!

x

surely it would taste the same anyway...

Back