• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Sorry to hear the news about your band, but hopefully you are now on the way to getting it sorted. Just try to make the best choices you can till then. When you get your band fixed those few extra pounds will become a distant memory.

Enjoy your weekend

Lynn x

God your day really does sound crap!!!!
Have a great weekend though...bit if time away!
Sharon is great...it's nice to have people to talk to who actually understand as if you haven't had the surgery it's pretty hard to offer any decent advice or understand!!

Bands / cars / necklaces can all be mended. I'm holding you to that 12st by the time they sort your band out Mrs Kirsty. We're all here for support- you have some serious weight behind you. (Now that's a pun lol) xx

Oh Kirsty.. I am also one of those people who is accident prone so reading about your day sounds kinda familiar. At the time it just seems to snowball one thing after another but seriously hun, as long as you are OK it really does not matter. A lot of my 'accidents' involve pranging cars, losing stuff and hurting myself one way or another. It is blummin hereditary :D My eldest son is really bad as well. Just hope you can stay focussed on where you want to be and not worry about the detours in your journey. It is, after all most important that you arrive at your destination in one piece. Hugs Ps one day when we meet up I can fill you in on how they know be by my first name in the Vicky Infirmary A&E :D

Last edited:
Hi Kirsty, sorry to hear about your band, but I'm impressed you have done so well regardless. Just goes to show once repaired you will see even more success. Keep positive, thinking of you xxx

Just back from the Glasgow WLS support group in Gartnavel. Again a very positive meeting. It's great to talk to folks in the know. We were all banders there today

Just back from the Glasgow WLS support group in Gartnavel. Again a very positive meeting. It's great to talk to folks in the know. We were all banders there today

Glad you found it helpful. I haven't bern for a few years now but good to hear it is still going strong. :)

Oh Kirsty.. I am also one of those people who is accident prone so reading about your day sounds kinda familiar. At the time it just seems to snowball one thing after another but seriously hun, as long as you are OK it really does not matter. A lot of my 'accidents' involve pranging cars, losing stuff and hurting myself one way or another. It is blummin hereditary :D My eldest son is really bad as well. Just hope you can stay focussed on where you want to be and not worry about the detours in your journey. It is, after all most important that you arrive at your destination in one piece. Hugs Ps one day when we meet up I can fill you in on how they know be by my first name in the Vicky Infirmary A&E :D

Weegie. It's a pity you can't make the meet up in Manchester in June. But you will still be recovering xxxx

Weegie. It's a pity you can't make the meet up in Manchester in June. But you will still be recovering xxxx
I know :( way too soon.. I will be down that way a couple of months later.

I get really sad when the folks on here you connect with start to drift away :-( :-( :/(

I wish there was something we could do to keep them connected

I get really sad when the folks on here you connect with start to drift away :-( :-( :/( I wish there was something we could do to keep them connected

It isn't necessarily that people have taken what they needed then left Kirsty. I did not use this site in 2007 when I was having my first wls but I did use another forum a lot. I went to meetings at Gartnavel and even partied with some of the folks, but life got in the way. Big time. Serious illness of people very close to me meant I did not have the head space to think about me my band and I, anything or anybody but my loved ones. So I stopped posting.

When something major happens, wls just becomes something you have done. Sorry if that sounds selfish. :(. Guess I am trying to say people have their reasons.

Anyhoo am here now, certainly not hoping for a repeat of those times. :)

I just miss them. I have very little in the way of family (sad git-lol) and look forward to hearing how they are doing. ....so stick around babe xxx. I consider my close contact in here as WLS family and would hate to see them all go :-(

I just miss them. I have very little in the way of family (sad git-lol) and look forward to hearing how they are doing. ....so stick around babe xxx. I consider my close contact in here as WLS family and would hate to see them all go :-(

I get it babe. :) you give a lot, and that will come back to you.

Hugs xx

I get really sad when the folks on here you connect with start to drift away :-( :-( :/(

I wish there was something we could do to keep them connected

You're stuck with me Kirsty! I've got a few siblings, but don't like them! Lol

Back