• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

It's a positive going down later Kirsty. You should sleep through the night nicely. Thinking of you and how lovely of Sharon to leave the flowers. Karina would've brought hobnobs - you just know I would've brought a nice Sauvignon blanc! :) xxx

Hey all! Message from Kirsty! taken down at4.30 a now back in my room. Xx ended up with keyhole again. Had my port moved and 4ml in. Morphined up to my eyeballs so only feeling a tad of pain in that main incision under my breastbone xx Back on track Kirsty!!!!! Xxx

Thanks for bringing us an update Sharon. Good to know she is all done and OK. :)

Last edited:
Bloody hell she's done well to send an update I was unconscious for 2 days after my GA if you remember! Shame we couldn't all be there for when she woke up..all sat around her bed staring at her!!! Oh that would have been lovely...

Well done Kirsty sleep well xx

Hope you are feeling OK Kirsty. Thinking of you.

Excellent news. Xx

Hey girls less than two hours out of surgery and I'm wide awake!! Always the same anastetic makes me hyper lol

Watched emmerdale and corrie and now my fingers are co-ordinated enough to do the walking

Alls good. Still floating on cloud nine. I could trade the white wine for morphine any day..... Calorie free

Had some extra morphine in recovery

Back in 4 weeks for a barium fill and measuring of my fill level. Tested my port again in surgery still no sign of any leak. Surgeon said no guarantees that today's op would work and the proof of the pudding (yea he actually said that the torturer!!!) would be in my next visit but it was worth going down this route as to replace the band involves a lot of cutting - so fingers crossed girls

I'm bloody starving as nothing since 11pm last night. Asked for a cup of tea....nope :-( water only. Those hobnobs are sounding good right now. Catering came round with the menu and asked for my order. The food on here looks amazing!!!

These stockings go right up to my girlie bits and are boiling hot lol. They have given me knee length ones to take home thank God as these long ones would end up smelling like an old kipper soon

Thanks for all those well wishes. Will be good to read all your diaries as I normally don't have time

So bored bored bored....wanted to get up and take a walk....nope. Got to stick to my room tonight and only get up for the loo

So I'm hyper hopeful and excited woop woop

Sending morphine haze love to you all

Never mind a visit on Friday Sharon......I'm up for aquafit....lol.

Hey girls less than two hours out of surgery and I'm wide awake!! Always the same anastetic makes me hyper lol Watched emmerdale and corrie and now my fingers are co-ordinated enough to do the walking Alls good. Still floating on cloud nine. I could trade the white wine for morphine any day..... Calorie free Had some extra morphine in recovery Back in 4 weeks for a barium fill and measuring of my fill level. Tested my port again in surgery still no sign of any leak. Surgeon said no guarantees that today's op would work and the proof of the pudding (yea he actually said that the torturer!!!) would be in my next visit but it was worth going down this route as to replace the band involves a lot of cutting - so fingers crossed girls I'm bloody starving as nothing since 11pm last night. Asked for a cup of tea....nope :-( water only. Those hobnobs are sounding good right now. Catering came round with the menu and asked for my order. The food on here looks amazing!!! These stockings go right up to my girlie bits and are boiling hot lol. They have given me knee length ones to take home thank God as these long ones would end up smelling like an old kipper soon Thanks for all those well wishes. Will be good to read all your diaries as I normally don't have time So bored bored bored....wanted to get up and take a walk....nope. Got to stick to my room tonight and only get up for the loo So I'm hyper hopeful and excited woop woop Sending morphine haze love to you all Never mind a visit on Friday Sharon......I'm up for aquafit....lol.

Lol your amazing!!! So glad your feeling good (even if it's the morphine lol)

Enjoy the room and the internet! Download Netflix and watch some movies!!!

I will be up late afternoon probably or early evening if that works? I'm going to Costco Friday so let me know if you need anything!!! Xx

Can't wait for Aquafit!!! X

I can't believe you are so wide awake. I was virtually comotosed for 2 days... Well jealous!!!

Good morning peeps. Well I'm doing fine. The procedure and recovery was a breeze

Still hyper though. Saw every hour up until 5.30 am and was awake again a 7am. Reddy to run a marathon lol - I am so wired!

I asked for sleep meds about 3am - nope! So tried my gastric band meditation instead. Actually heard it till the end. My god no wonder I am always asleep after 10 minutes. What boring stuff lol but effective as a relaxation tool

Just had the morning rounds - refused the pain meds..... Evervesent stuff I just can't swallow without gagging lol - and I'm doing fine pain wise.

I asked if I had something down my throat during the op as its sore and I have a cough - what a hoot. Nurse said in a dry tone "indeed you did dear, it was the tube keeping you alive during your operation" and we both hee hawed laughing - she was so funny, I was sooooo clueless :) but she gave me a strepsil......an angel in a uniform!!!!

So liquids this morning consists of hot tea. Wooowee the excitement is too much here. Can't wait to get home for a protien drink

Thanks again for all those well wishes xx

That's great that your feeling ok and your not suffering with any pain you'll be up and about before you know it and back to loosing again, take it easy and try rest x

Back