• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Welcome to my world :( we're a right pair x

I'm back in the zone so I'll be mainly not grazing, not eating crisps, not eating biscuits, not eating chocolate :)

X

Let's see how it goes...
Hey my jinxed house has struck again..it's now killed my tilers mother in law..no kidding!! He was coming Saturday just gone and bang she dropped dead ! I've known him 20 years or more so know it's not some tale he's made up..my brother even spoke with him as he works for our company! I feel a bit guilty!!
So no bathroom! And I move in at the weekend..not even a toilet!! Nightmare
Let's hope your band plumbing works better x

OK I have worried about this all night, slept badly because of blummin joint pain but that is by the by.

I am going to be direct with you now and you can tell me to push off, or something stronger if you like, but I am still going to say it.

Kirsty I know "having no restriction" is a phrase that bandsters use, I used it often enough in those 8 years I had my band, but once you have a band fitted there is a physical limitation on how much you can SAFELY eat at one sitting. That is the amount that fits in your pouch above the band without stretching it. Remember I posted a photo of my band after it had been removed? Well mine was a big 14ml one and even then the opening is less than an inch across and probably a lot less once closed. This means a fish supper should really not get past on one sitting. If you ate it whilst flushing it through with liquid then that might account for it but if you stuck to the liquid rules it is more than possible you are dilating your pouch at the time of a meal. Over time this can lead to all sorts of issues.

I know how strongly you feel about how much bandsters rules have changed over the last few years, well they haven't changed that much hun. What I am saying is even if you band is totally empty you should not physically push it with volume. If you had said "I ate a whole big Toblerone or 300gm bar of Dairy Milk" that is different because that is slider food territory. Chips are not.

Like I said, tell me to get lost if you like but I care about you and I will probably get incoming because of this post.. But it needs to be said. Please think about it hun and take good care of you

Hugx

At least you are talking from experience weegie having been there and done that so I don't think Kirsty will take offence at your comments. It's interesting to hear from people who have experience to offer.

Weegie. No offence taken at all. You are voicing my greatest fear?!!?

I will post what I have eaten today - it is so scary. Took over an hour mind you

I am terrified I have damaged my pouch!!!!

In such a low low place right now!!! :-( :-(

Another last supper before Wednesday. And yes I scoffed the lot. Loads of shell
Mind you and no carbs. But j don't think this qualifies as a tea plate!!!!!

Attachments

• image-333967737.jpg
    image-333967737.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 63
Another last supper before Wednesday. And yes I scoffed the lot. Loads of shell Mind you and no carbs. But j don't think this qualifies as a tea plate!!!!!

It looks lovely hun I have to admit healthy too but far too much as I think you know. Rein it in a bit love, order a starter

Weegie. No offence taken at all. You are voicing my greatest fear?!!? I will post what I have eaten today - it is so scary. Took over an hour mind you I am terrified I have damaged my pouch!!!! In such a low low place right now!!! :-( :-(

I am not trying to scare you hun, just trying to remind you whats at stake. I've got a lot of self destructive eating behaviour in my own past so I know how it feels, however there does come a time to say stop. Chances are you haven't done any damage yet, so rein it in. :)

Your band will never work if you push it, leak or no leak, thats the bottom line.

Take good care of yourself hun. There are other ways to deal with demons away from food and drink, imagine how much better you will feel if you find a way that doesn't make you feel worse. :)

Big hugs. X

Right now I have done being Miss Jean Brodie :) 8 have to say thats a lovely photo of you both. You look the picture of health Kirsty and I love your hair. Might go shorter myself. :p

You do love very beautiful and yum yum for food.... Too much and I'm like you with my stretchy no restriction pouch so come on knuckle down beautiful and well down size pouches together x

Kirsty, watch the '8 Golden rules' by Paul O'Brian on you tube. He is a band pioneer in Australia- it certainly helps xx

Kirsty, you need to stop eating after 20 mins! I have good restriction, but if I want to eat slowly then I can pretty much keep going, I guess it's because as food goes through the pouch you can continue to eat! I find the 20min rule a good one to follow, but have to admit sometimes that's not a lot of food!

You look amazing kursty!!

Sm
Xx

Kirsty, watch the '8 Golden rules' by Paul O'Brian on you tube. He is a band pioneer in Australia- it certainly helps xx
This was amazing. Every bander should watch this I particularly liked that you can drink with your meals and can have a glass of red wine with dinner !!!! The rules about the speed of eating and fork size are tough

Kirsty, you need to stop eating after 20 mins! I have good restriction, but if I want to eat slowly then I can pretty much keep going, I guess it's because as food goes through the pouch you can continue to eat! I find the 20min rule a good one to follow, but have to admit sometimes that's not a lot of food!

Thanks Moo x

This was amazing. Every bander should watch this I particularly liked that you can drink with your meals and can have a glass of red wine with dinner !!!! The rules about the speed of eating and fork size are tough

Yes I liked the idea about the alcohol - as a result I've not panicked if I've had a glass and stopped feeling guilty. Plus the simulation of the food going down and if you eat to quickly scared me a bit, which is a good thing, made me get my food timer app out again. I'm pleased you watched it xx

Back