• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Hi there, I'm new round here. I start my journey on the 3rd Feb with a gastric band. I've loved reading all your diaries, you are all such a inspiration x

OMG you super woman you :) looking fab as always hunni hope your Christmas was enjoyable also you hike with the girls.......it certainly looks like your enjoying yourself :) for get the gain after all its Christmas and holiday time..... get thru the next week with New year and back to it full throtle :) x x x x x
Welcome Moo :) its a ig old happy family here..... jump on in and enjoy the fun and games x x x gl on your band sweets its fun to say the least x x x x

Hi there, I'm new round here. I start my journey on the 3rd Feb with a gastric band. I've loved reading all your diaries, you are all such a inspiration x

Hi Moo. Welcome. Not now till you start your big adventure. Stay with us on the forum. Stay with this forum. It's a godsend xx

Good morning. Not been answering threads sorry.

In a bit of a bad place head wise.

Didn't manage to get back on track. Grazed stupid for the past two days and the consequence is a further 1lb on

Was putting myself under huge emotional pressure to get the holiday 4.5lb off by 31st December. And was determined to cuT my carbs to a bare minimum and failed

So...... When I got up earlier to feed the dogs I came to terms with the fact that I am going to record a gain of a few lbs in December! I am not putting myself under this pressure. I will start again today without killing myself with exercise or dieting. I will go back to my 1000 calories, if I can manage that or it may be 1200 for the next few days.

I have thrown all the crackers and opened crisps in the bin. There are still unopened Pringles and mccoys. I did offer them to the visitors when they left on Boxing Day but no takers. I used all the packets of cheese ,to fill marrow bones along with chupp for the dogs. Filled 6 bones and put them in the freezer.

I took a ham hoch out of the freezer last. Night and it is now on in the slow cooker for a few hours to make the stock for a pot of lentil soup. I was going to make my sin free tomato and cabbage soup but decided to comfort myself with a big pot of lentil

So no black or white thinking for me till the end of the month. Gently does it

I am now back in bed for an hour tucked in with Lindsay and the fur babies - yes they get on our bed :-( and can only hope I can get into a better headspace. Have struggled for a good six weeks now with no real weight lists...only a gain

Hope you all have a good day xxx

Sorry about your gains, I'm disappointed for you..I don't think I could do it with a band to be honest, hence I had my stomach removed!!
The way I see it is once new year is over then it's a fresh start again for you, it's a cheap time for snacking!!
Please stick with us all!! X

Oh Kirsty pls don't beat yourself you up. Why not donate all the un opened food. I'm sure there is a poor family that would love any extras....

Your weight will come down sweet pea. How far are u with fills etc? XXXX

Kirsty, the most important thing is to get your head space right. If you think pre-band, in the run up to a holiday you'd frantically diet, have a complete blow out on holiday then come home and never quite get back on the treadmill of healthy eating! Or that's what I used to do anyway. Throw into that the fact that you're not a great Christmas lover etc, a slightly unsupportive husband and it's no surprise at all that things are tricky.

But what's different this time is that you know this is happening and you want to change. You've done brilliantly and your confidence level clothes wise is high (justifiably so, you look fab). It's 2 days until the end of the year. 2015 will see you get to your target, I'm going to hit my target, Karina is, Alfie is etc etc. I don't think for one minute its going to be easy and nonr of us are going to do it without the odd hiccup!

What was said on the other thread, I can see both points of view. When people are given the op on the NHS it does make me angry too to see their opportunities treated with disrespect. But you paid your money, I paid mine etc, if we cock up its our problem. I've had a couple too many wines, and a few too many chocolates, but I don't think any of us have gone overboard.

We're all behind you. We'll give you a shove when you need it, support when you need it and love and compassion always.

Girls thank you so much

I have had good food day so far and will hang on with every ounce of determination to get to bed tonight with out screwing up

Have had a ham bone in the slow cooker since 8am and have just added the veg and lentils have enough calories left for a couple of cups and....a Bananna....something I never allow myself due to the high carb value
I think I might re think my diet. I might join slimming world and stick to their plan. I don't know. As when I do stick to 1000 cals I do loss the weight quickly. It's just I find it so restrictive but that's because I don't allow myself any fruit or carby veg.

I realise now that my food addiction is always going to be with me :-(

My problem is I am black or white. Good or bad. Once I put one thing past my lips that I consider to be bad, I feel I have blown it and go on a binge - I seriously need to think about extend g my list of acceptable foods as mine is so restrictive. Then I will have more options

I will probably always yo yo. Which won't be such a problem when I hit the weight I want to be and require maintenance

Since October I have felt I have been failing at this because of my weight gains - I have analysed it a lot today

My weight loss pattern has been as follows

AUGUST 21lb
SEPTEMBER. 9lb
OCTOBER 12lb
NOVEMER 6lb
DECEMBER - likely yo be a small gain

But each month since October i have had week ends away, weddings etc, gains and had to Loss the weight I have gained and always been able to loss that wee bit more in the month.

This might be just how it's going to be for me. Though I hope not as it is emotionally very exhausting

Today I have had

2 liberte yoghurts 210
2 aitkens bars 300
Cold meat 100

I plan to have

1 Bananna 100
2 small cups of soup 400

This will take me to around 1100

Fingers crossed that is me back in a positive mind set xxx. Thanks for being here for me girls xx

Sharon. I phoned the sports centre. The pools are shut toll 19th Jan. EEK!

Jus as well I phoned as if I had turned up all geared up for exercise and discovered it then, I might have headed straight to Gregg's for a chicken pastie lol

On a more positive note - hit the sales locally. Could not be bothered going into Glasgow

TK MAXX - Anne Klein dress with a price tag of 150 dollars...for £12 ...it is black with a wee leather feature round the collar. It looks nothing off but is exquisite on. A bit small at a size 14. But will be perfect for a day dress when I go to my brothers in Phoenix in March and at £12 no way was I leaving this little gem on the rack

And....a wee cheap party dress out of Quiz...down to £20. I am going to a family wedding on the 2nd January (chrickey , I know another bleeding social occasion ) the bride had put a bold and bright dress code request on the invitation and I was fretting as I do black and more black lol ...so what a find. It's red with black velvet embossing and black trim

Photos:

Dead chuffed

Attachments

• image-1555127035.jpg
    image-1555127035.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 35
  • image-1675321913.jpg
    image-1675321913.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 35
  • image-4113872417.jpg
    image-4113872417.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 27
Right Mrs i think you need to just put the past in the past and move forward now, its been Christmas and you've been away too...... perfect opportunity's to indulge a little, so no need to beat yourself up...... we are all human and all deserve to have the odd treat at special times of the year!!! its a blooming sad old world we live if we have to be so strict on ourselves.......... it takes all the enjoyment out of life in my book..... this band lark is about learning moderation, and heck one slip here and there is perfectly normal..... I think you also need to look at where you are,.....and how far you've come mrs....... i think the big mistake is thinking that having surgery is going to = huge weight losses........... the average is 1-2lb a week thats 4-8lb a month !!! look at your stats you've been hitting that every month without fail...... you are never going to drop a stone a month ................ its only people with lots to lose who can do that. The band is designed to slow down your eating to help your tummy tell your brain is full on smaller amounts............ eat the right foods follow the 20 20 20 rules and you should succeed........ this emotional roller coaster ups and downs are not helping......in fact it sets us in a spin and makes matters worse.

Donate unopened foods to the local food bank..... there are so many out there in desperate need.............. i'm doing just that tomorrow :) unfortunately just having it around is torture. Another couple of days and its all over with......... back on that 'band' wagon in earnest...... we are all going to hit goal in 2015 wooohooooo then imagine the partying lol

Try being less restrictive, it may help with the head too............ i deny myself nothing, i try and have all i fancy but in moderation, i find low cal choices help too........ you get more for your money so to speak......... lol today i've had porridge and honey for breakfast 2 eggs and cheese scrambled for lunch i've sucked 2 chupa chupa lollys and had a yogurt as snacks tonight its turkey, potatoes and veg and still enough cals left over for a hot choc and possibly a bit of toblerone :) i really hope this helps in some way hunni................... put on those new skinny minnie outfits and strut your skinny self about :) its certainly cheers me up so hope it does you too :)

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx huge hugs x x x x x x

Totally agree, its never going to be easy..especially when you have a busier social calendar than Paris Hilton!!!!
Dont be bummed off with it...lets all stick together and push along x

Back