• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I'm Kirsty, banded August 2014. My post op dairy

Someone on tv this morning said 'every second that passes by is time lost in our futures' or words to that effect....it had me thinking that's for sure.....

So am dead pleased your feeling more positive today :) .... band working or not you can still do this hunni..... you've mad the perfect start to the day with that yummy breakfast just keep up those positive vibes and k sara sara ....whatever will be will be ....... hang in there hunni we're all here watching your back and cheering you to the home stretch :) wooohooooo

Kirsty my lovely, inner circles are a waste of time. There's a reason you're not in that circle....... It's because it's a crap circle.
Before we moved to where we live now, we lived in a hugely pretentious area. I didn't fit it, but really wanted to be in the 'in crowd'. I was let in on several occasions, my god what a boring bunch of soulless, personality free folk. Am so much better now with people who don't care about anything apart from whether you're a decent type. My guess is, the life you think this person leads is probably empty and quite frankly rubbish.

I don't have any knowledge of the tablets you're on so can't comment. But definitely seek advice from the Team.
I've not met you personally, but you come across as incredibly genuine and a great confidante! You're better than the doubters - we've all got to learn to live ourselves! Xx

She is a cracker of a lass, a true Glaswegian rose... And bloody good laugh. Bear I used to knock about with an in crowd, all mega money types... Realised they were clones of one another, and not nice human being, I dropped them and they all think I'm the loser because I realised there is more to life than partying, *****yness, and who's got the latest Range Rover ?

I like being me, I'm more fun and secure in who I am, I have wobbles yeah but don't we all xxx

I totally agree! There was an it crowd in my village...best bit is when I bought my range rover they were all waving at me then and wanting to be my best friend! These aren't friends they are wannabes! Leave them to it!
Have you seen "meet the fockers" and the circle of trust in the film?? Hilarious you should watch it if you haven't!

I'm still waiting on the hypno band update!!

Ha ha I better let them in on the hypno band secret then Karina, as if you visit my diary your in my 'circle of trust'. Brill movie!

Girls, what a hoot! I downloaded a virtual hypnotic gastric band PMSL!!! - well my real one ain't working.... OMG I broke a band lol

I said on Alfie's diary that I will be really peed off of it works better than my real one and I could have saved myself 6.5k the virtual one was only £2.50. Karina said she would pee her pants if I suddenly drop a stone :) :) ........I said the only way I could drop a stone is if I peed my pants and I mean continuously !!!!

Now I can't tell you how it works or owt. I fall asleep zzzzzzz within two minutes of it starting and wake up as its ending???? So it's either reeeealy boring or its super effective hypnosis

I will keep you updated

Thank you all for stopping by my diary old friends and new faces xxxxxxx

Your a tough gal than you realise and whatever gets chucked at you then we will deal with it wont we x if it's another sleep and internal mooch then so be it. It's better to have a working band than not as you're nearly there and need your tool in working order xxx

Alfie. Every girl needs a tool in working order ;-)

Glad you are feeling more positive this morning, and taking your meds. I don't know you as well as some of the others but I have noticed that you are one of the kindest and most understanding members on here. You always give encouragement to people struggling. If your "friend" does not want you in her inner circle I think she is the one missing out. Hope you get your problem with the band sorted and can get your weight loss back on track Lynn x

Thank you for dropping in on me L x it means a lot

Kirsty my lovely, inner circles are a waste of time. There's a reason you're not in that circle....... It's because it's a crap circle. Before we moved to where we live now, we lived in a hugely pretentious area. I didn't fit it, but really wanted to be in the 'in crowd'. I was let in on several occasions, my god what a boring bunch of soulless, personality free folk. Am so much better now with people who don't care about anything apart from whether you're a decent type. My guess is, the life you think this person leads is probably empty and quite frankly rubbish. I don't have any knowledge of the tablets you're on so can't comment. But definitely seek advice from the Team. I've not met you personally, but you come across as incredibly genuine and a great confidante! You're better than the doubters - we've all got to learn to live ourselves! Xx

Thanks Bear and Alfie xx

Oh Kirsty hunni!..... Just catching up with your Diary!.. What a palaver! ... Are they sure they hit the right spot in your port and actually PUT the last 5 mil in there at the previous fill?.... Just a thought, as you never seemed to get extra restriction at the time. Re your doggy or dodgy mate!... Blow her!... She probs didn't realise how much having pups to stay meant to you really you know!.. Re the stopping tablets, should really check with your Dr hun, I'm sure just stopping it 24 hours before an opp would probs be enough don't you think. I would hate for you to go down hill emotionally when you have such a lot on your plate right now... Why not give your GP a quick call and ask!... Thinking of you beautiful lady! X

Jan that's what I'm desperately hoping. Someone didn't fill me right xx. How are you doing

Sorry to be prophet of doom but suddenly stopping meds in anticipation of an op (that may/may not happen?) Isn't a good idea, you will be fine for a while but will hit ground zero mood wise with a big bump in time. If the fluoxetine has affected a GA in the past they can adjust what they give you , I think you need to discuss this with a medic asap, with all else you're going through you really don't need you mood to go downhill as well. Preserve and reserve energies! By the way I read your diary with interest, you have done so well (leaky band or not) and have a cracking sense of humour. You give inspiration to people like me at the start of their journeys. Just saying....

Thanks for stopping by and offering good advice xx

I'm just catching up wowee you've got a lot on your plate hun. Hope your ok today x let us know what's going to happen with your band! They couldn't get any fluid out of mine last time so maybe mines leaked out?

You should get that checked out Kirsty. They should know how much has been put in and what's there now babe xx

It is true Kirsty, your posts are the ones I search first and you are such a lovely person. I second what's said about stop taking floxedine suddenly. Please don't and do speak to your team. I was on anti depressants - citalopram, nobody batted an eye. They must have asked you for medicine you take, and would have made suggestions if it required to be reduced. Good luck with your operation. All the best x

That's so kind of you Tules. Thanks. How are you doing?

Oh crystal. You made me laugh with your right back at ya reminder of not measuring others behaviour against our own standards. I dole out this advice all the time.....lol......need to take my own advice

Hi Alfie. So many unknowns and decisions to be made about loads of things. Struggling lol

Sitting with a glass, well hell, a bottle of red and some crisps :-(

But I have bought in loads of fruit and veg and made soup and chilli to see me through the weekend ;-)

Nobody nag me please....I know am sabotaging myself ;-(

Tomorrow is another day!!!!

I'm not nagging Kirsty. Although wish you'd nag me. Worked out that each day this week I've had half a bottle! That's 375ml. Probably 450 calories. Definite liver pain and yet each night I say 'just one glass'!!! Self destruct

No nagging here! I've had a crappy day too......wine bought and salted chocolate caramel shortbread made....... xx

Back