• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi there, Westiedogs diary

westiedog

Thought I would start a diary today. Tonight is my food funeral and going to get a chinese take-away. I start my milk diet next Tuesday and get banded on 10th Feb 2015. Doing a food funeral tonight as its my only night off before the milk diet. Does anyone else work shifts as I think the milk diet is going to be a killer on night shift? x

Good luck westie....the only good thing is whilst you are sleeping during the day youre not thinking about food! Nights use to blow me up like a balloon

Hi westiedog welcome to the forum,I don't work shifts but I found the milk diet ok a lot easier than I thought x

Good luck with your wl journey x

Hi westiedog welcome to the forum,I don't work shifts but I found the milk diet ok a lot easier than I thought x

Good luck with your wl journey x

Well that's me feeling loads better- was banded on Tuesday. Still a bit difficult getting out of bed due to port pain but my swollen belly is going down bit by bit x

Hi Hun good to hear your recovering
I'm due to be banded Tuesday very scared atm
How did u find it x any tips?

Do make sure you have all your drinks/liquids at home ready for your discharge. Get some child's 6+ sugar free paracetamol or soluble paracetamol (stir the fizz out before drinking). Keep drinking water at home. I had to sit on a cushion on my sofa seat as my sofa is quite low. Also try and sleep alone for the first few days.

Just rest and take things easy. I have just been to the hairdressers which was nice to get out of the house. You will be fine and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be xx

Day 5 after op and feeling loads better. I can actually stand up straight and walk properly now. Lots of strange windy noises still coming from stomach and port site still sore and bruised but overall doing well. Coughing and sneezing is very painful.

Hope everyone else is feeling well. X

That's one week banded today and I'm officially overweight woohoo x

THG rang and I have a telephone appt with the dietician on Tuesday 24th Feb to discuss puree foods :D and appt for a fill on 16 th March if I need one. I already have 3 mls in which the surgeon did at time of op. x

I'm three days out n slowly feeling better
Was so emotional the last few days and really feeling like the fight had left me but managed a good night sleep last night n feeling a bit more normal now
Hope ur feeling well xx

I'm three days out n slowly feeling better
Was so emotional the last few days and really feeling like the fight had left me but managed a good night sleep last night n feeling a bit more normal now
Hope ur feeling well xx

I feel great now. Virtually back to normal x

I'm definitely in less pain now but still a bit shaky like after a bout of flu.
Gonna have a trip to the shop today for soup ingredients :) im looking forward to the new me appearing lol :)

Great to hear you girls are doing better. After two or three weeks you will feel brand new. Just take it easy in the early days. 4 days out I went food shopping g, then met my friend for coffee. My nose ended up in the coffee and my husband had to come and get me lol. Way too early!

Well that's weigh day for me today - week 2 and -5.4lb so very happy at that. I know this will start slowing down soon. Today I can start eating puree so looking forward to that (awaiting dieticians call at about 11 today to confirm what food they say). Also I have my first fill on 16th March. Back to work tomorrow on nightshift :cry:.

Off to Primark today to see if I can grab some smaller size bargains for the summer. The weather is freezing but roll on a slimmer summer. This is the first time in years I actually want to go on a beach holiday and my aim is to walk to the beach bar in swimwear without needing a sarong to cover up. Happy days x

Yay well done :)
I have every confidence in you for the beach bar goal :)
Lucky you with the purée lol one week to do for me

Thanks everyone. Had a little try of puree - mashed potato with a little cottage cheese mixed in. Went down fine just took my time. Spent £166.00 in Primark all in sizes that don't fit me at the minute ;);) but they will fit in 10 weeks when I will be off somewhere hot x

£166 in primark?!!!!! You would need a truck to bring all that home!!! Xxx

Back