• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey to a happier me!!

My name is Paula I'm 41, married and have a 3yr old daughter.

Growing up I never had any weight problems I ate a lot crap but was very active. I hit 18 had my first job and money to spend, gave up dancing ( I trained 16 hours a week) and found the pub!!

I guess to start with the weight gain was very gradual and then it felt like I went to bed a size 12 and woke up the next morning in a size 16/18 fat suit - wth!! Since then I've yo- yo'd trying every single diet concoction and even buying reductil off the Internet, all worked for about 2 mths then I'd stop losing weight get bored get cocky and put it all back on and then some.

My health is a bit of an issue too, I was diagnosed 18 years ago with fibromyalgia when no one had even heard of it (now seems that everyone you talk to knows someone with it) this turned my world upside down meant I was tired and slept and in constant pain and even less mobile than I should have been. Then 6 years ago I also get diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis/lupus/sjogrens syndrome all of which fatigue and joint pain are symptoms - I have been on steroids for 6 years now which is not helping with my weight.

Anyway at 41 feeling so crap I've decided I need to take charge of my health and life and do something positive about it, so after a lot of research I found myself contacting thg and booking for a band -yikes !

Day one of my pre-op milk diet was yesterday and as all diets on the first day went pretty well on the scales this morning I'm already 3lb down? My op date is Thursday 27th September and like those that have travelled this journey before me I am scared/excited/worried/apprehensive but hell bring it on!!!!

I also have a massive incentive to lose thus weight as we are off to Florida in may next year for my daughters birthday and I intend to enjoy every minute of it x

hi paula

back from dolan park
had 2nd fill today
karen was pleased with my weight
i have now lost 20-lb since op in oct
i had 2mls put in
got to go back in about 6 wks

kay xxxx

Great news kay x

So today I had my third fill .85 taking me upto 6.5ml had lost 8lb since last fill - not bad but could have been more. Hopefully get focused and back on track now x

Tried to eat chicken today :( back to mush me thinks for couple more days as it got stuck!

Just measured myself and since getting banded I've lost 33" in total whoop whoop that feels as good as the weight loss x

Well done meggs ur getting a skinny minny ;) xxx

Well done meggs ur getting a skinny minny ;) xxx

Still fair way to go but thank you x it is hard getting your head round the fact you can get in a smaller size :)

Tell me about it I get my jeans outta the washing machine and wonder if there mine or my step daughters and she is a right skinny minny lol x

Tell me about it I get my jeans outta the washing machine and wonder if there mine or my step daughters and she is a right skinny minny lol x

Lol x

Can't believe January was my last update on this thread - oops!

Ok so since January I have been on hols had my 6 and 12 month surgiversary - in total lost 4 stone but stayed the same since mid may (put on a few lbs lost them and then maintained). Still have at least 1 more stone to shift maybe even 2?

Had a fill Saturday just gone taking me up to 7.6ml in 10ml band and been on liquids since (my choice). Not really hungry - bonus and soup of an evening seems to be filling me up, going to try m&s cottage pie tonight see how that goes.

Fingers crossed for the weight to start shifting as would like a stone gone before Xmas - too ambitious? Maybe but good to have a goal and focus!

Back