• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey to a happier me!!

Just had my staples out, how long is it until the pains go from that area and All's ok?. They seem to be where my pants waistline fall and bra, it rubs a lot? X

Meggie moo said:
Another 2.5lb off this week :) losing inches too :). :)

Yay :) well done, you're doing so great! X

Sharon - don't weigh yourself everyday hon it fluctuates a lot! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My name is Paula I'm 41, married and have a 3yr old daughter.

Growing up I never had any weight problems I ate a lot crap but was very active. I hit 18 had my first job and money to spend, gave up dancing ( I trained 16 hours a week) and found the pub!!

I guess to start with the weight gain was very gradual and then it felt like I went to bed a size 12 and woke up the next morning in a size 16/18 fat suit - wth!! Since then I've yo- yo'd trying every single diet concoction and even buying reductil off the Internet, all worked for about 2 mths then I'd stop losing weight get bored get cocky and put it all back on and then some.

My health is a bit of an issue too, I was diagnosed 18 years ago with fibromyalgia when no one had even heard of it (now seems that everyone you talk to knows someone with it) this turned my world upside down meant I was tired and slept and in constant pain and even less mobile than I should have been. Then 6 years ago I also get diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis/lupus/sjogrens syndrome all of which fatigue and joint pain are symptoms - I have been on steroids for 6 years now which is not helping with my weight.

Anyway at 41 feeling so crap I've decided I need to take charge of my health and life and do something positive about it, so after a lot of research I found myself contacting thg and booking for a band -yikes !

Day one of my pre-op milk diet was yesterday and as all diets on the first day went pretty well on the scales this morning I'm already 3lb down? My op date is Thursday 27th September and like those that have travelled this journey before me I am scared/excited/worried/apprehensive but hell bring it on!!!!

I also have a massive incentive to lose thus weight as we are off to Florida in may next year for my daughters birthday and I intend to enjoy every minute of it x

hi paula
how are you
its 2 wks since my op. now on weetabix dont dont to rush to much food for now
we are going to bolehall manor for my sons birthday in dec so going to ask for kids potion,
do you live far from glascote
love to hear from you

kay
xxxx

p_relf said:
Well done! I can't wait till my fill as static on the scales at the moment :-( glad ur ok :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery
I'm sure the scales will soon start shifting again x

Bizarrely I feel hungrier after having had the fill lol

SAS1 said:
Just had my staples out, how long is it until the pains go from that area and All's ok?. They seem to be where my pants waistline fall and bra, it rubs a lot? X

I never had staples Sharon and I only tend to get tender where my port is now x

Bet your feeling better after having them out though x

misselvis said:
hi paula
how are you
its 2 wks since my op. now on weetabix dont dont to rush to much food for now
we are going to bolehall manor for my sons birthday in dec so going to ask for kids potion,
do you live far from glascote
love to hear from you

kay
xxxx

Hi kay sounds like your doing well x I'm only in two gates so not far from you x

Paula x

Another 1/2 off this week thought it might be more as had fill last week but then I've felt a lot hungrier since the fill, but all going in the right direction x

Last edited:
Meggie moo said:
Another 1/2 off this week thought it might be more as had fill last week but then I've felt a lot hungrier since the fill, but all going in the right direction x

God are you weighing yourself everyday or are the weeks flying by! Lol.
Well done honey, I've struggled this week so be happy if I lose 1/2 lb. xxx

SAS1 said:
God are you weighing yourself everyday or are the weeks flying by! Lol.
Well done honey, I've struggled this week so be happy if I lose 1/2 lb. xxx

Lol hi Sharon weighing on a Thursday only - weeks are flying by!! Get another fill in a week and half x

Meggie moo said:
Lol hi Sharon weighing on a Thursday only - weeks are flying by!! Get another fill in a week and half x

Lucky you, still got 4 weeks to my 1st fill. My hunger has returned with a vengeance :(
Going out for pub lunch with work girls tomorrow and none of them know... Dreading it as dont know how I'm going to hide it or what to choose.
Xxx

SAS1 said:
Lucky you, still got 4 weeks to my 1st fill. My hunger has returned with a vengeance :(
Going out for pub lunch with work girls tomorrow and none of them know... Dreading it as dont know how I'm going to hide it or what to choose.
Xxx

Jacket pot with chilli? That's what I had or fish cakes and salad or veg guess it depends where your going x

Another 4 weeks poor you. I'm getting hungrier each week or maybe it's the will power waining lol x

I've been out for lunch a couple of times and have gone for jacket potato with chilli or tuna, I ate the filling and a bit of the spud and a bit of salad, just say the spud was a bit overdone to explain leaving the rest of it! X

pongis said:
I've been out for lunch a couple of times and have gone for jacket potato with chilli or tuna, I ate the filling and a bit of the spud and a bit of salad, just say the spud was a bit overdone to explain leaving the rest of it! X

Scary what good fibbers we become lol

Sooo chuffed - yesterday realised by jeans are now hanging off me (size 20) so grabbed another pair out the wardrobe tried them fit perfectly and they are a size 16 :)

Also weigh in this morning lost 3.5lb this week - am now in the 13's happy doesn't even come close x got another fill next Tuesday too x

Well done meggie moo feels fantastic doesn't it ;) keep up the good work you ll be there in no time xxxxx

Back