• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey to a happier me!!

Meggie moo

My name is Paula I'm 41, married and have a 3yr old daughter.

Growing up I never had any weight problems I ate a lot crap but was very active. I hit 18 had my first job and money to spend, gave up dancing ( I trained 16 hours a week) and found the pub!!

I guess to start with the weight gain was very gradual and then it felt like I went to bed a size 12 and woke up the next morning in a size 16/18 fat suit - wth!! Since then I've yo- yo'd trying every single diet concoction and even buying reductil off the Internet, all worked for about 2 mths then I'd stop losing weight get bored get cocky and put it all back on and then some.

My health is a bit of an issue too, I was diagnosed 18 years ago with fibromyalgia when no one had even heard of it (now seems that everyone you talk to knows someone with it) this turned my world upside down meant I was tired and slept and in constant pain and even less mobile than I should have been. Then 6 years ago I also get diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis/lupus/sjogrens syndrome all of which fatigue and joint pain are symptoms - I have been on steroids for 6 years now which is not helping with my weight.

Anyway at 41 feeling so crap I've decided I need to take charge of my health and life and do something positive about it, so after a lot of research I found myself contacting thg and booking for a band -yikes !

Day one of my pre-op milk diet was yesterday and as all diets on the first day went pretty well on the scales this morning I'm already 3lb down? My op date is Thursday 27th September and like those that have travelled this journey before me I am scared/excited/worried/apprehensive but hell bring it on!!!!

I also have a massive incentive to lose thus weight as we are off to Florida in may next year for my daughters birthday and I intend to enjoy every minute of it x

Great post!!

Not long now, I'm counting down to Florida as well can't wait t o be in some of the pics instead of taking them xx

Plus when we went 4 years ago it was bad I had to put baby cream on my thighs at the top all the walking in the heat they were so bad!!
Plus I'm going to buy loads this time, I was to fat for it before..

But the main thing is its my little girls birthday to, and I don't plan on saying no all day. As before I kept saying no lets sit down, no let mummy catch her breath, no let's get a drink and sit down, thats all I kept saying....

Oh god I know what you mean about avoiding the camera I think that's one of my biggest regrets after having my daughter there is only one pic of us :( but that is all going to change yeah x

Good Luck with your journey hunxx

Oh god I know what you mean about avoiding the camera I think that's one of my biggest regrets after having my daughter there is only one pic of us :( but that is all going to change yeah x

Head shots only, none of me with my kids in hospital or holiday shots!!
Always go though the camera and delete them all even if I'm in the background !,

This next year will be different xx

That's made me chuckle carre about going through camera and deleting editing lol thank god for digital photos!!

Hi and good luck!! Think we all do same with the camera! My daughter already knows she says oh mummy is so camera shy- she doesn't realise why. My Pre op is 28 sept and I'm told my op will be 2-6 weeks from then! Also really nervous...

Good luck! How my hol this year was so different, they got sick of me asking them to take my foto! Dare to dream!! Xx

Hi and good luck!! Think we all do same with the camera! My daughter already knows she says oh mummy is so camera shy- she doesn't realise why. My Pre op is 28 sept and I'm told my op will be 2-6 weeks from then! Also really nervous...

Good luck eve x

Good luck! How my hol this year was so different, they got sick of me asking them to take my foto! Dare to dream!! Xx

I'll be barging my daughter out the way then next year to get my photo taken with Mickey Mouse lol x

Hi Meggie Moo, I'm Jan 42 and your story sounds so much like mine. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in Nov last year. I too wasn't too big until I hit 30 but somehow woke up a size 24 top 20 bottom in my 40s!!!! The pain and fatigue from the fibro prompted me to see my GP because about 2 yrs ago I lost 5 stones doint the Cambridge diet and I felt fab, pain and fatigue improved immensely. Only I gained weight again when my normal eating habits crept back. Anyway, I'm 20 mins away from phoning to make my followup appointment, as I attended the seminar at the hospital last night. I've decided that a bypass is the way to go for me and would love to make friends with anyone on a similar journey. Wishing you every success!

Hi Meggie Moo, I'm Jan 42 and your story sounds so much like mine. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in Nov last year. I too wasn't too big until I hit 30 but somehow woke up a size 24 top 20 bottom in my 40s!!!! The pain and fatigue from the fibro prompted me to see my GP because about 2 yrs ago I lost 5 stones doint the Cambridge diet and I felt fab, pain and fatigue improved immensely. Only I gained weight again when my normal eating habits crept back. Anyway, I'm 20 mins away from phoning to make my followup appointment, as I attended the seminar at the hospital last night. I've decided that a bypass is the way to go for me and would love to make friends with anyone on a similar journey. Wishing you every success!

Jan I think from reading stories on here there are quite a few of us FM sufferers - not looking forward to the almost guaranteed flare after surgery but think that will be so worth it in the long run x bypass seemed too final to me and the recovery longer but from what I've read you get fantastic results and quick x would love to keep in touch and see where your wls journey takes you, and share the good the bad and the down right ugly that is FM pain x

Hi jan and meggie moo...lots of luck on your journeys...get clicking on that camera as you will really appreciate having the before pictures to compare to the after photoes :D

Hi jan and meggie moo...lots of luck on your journeys...get clicking on that camera as you will really appreciate having the before pictures to compare to the after photoes :D

Thanks Michelle, that's on my list of things to do before Thursday x hate the camera but want a record of the here and now and never to be there again x

Well it's now day 3 and I'm surprised at how easy (thinking I may regret saying that) I'm finding the milk diet. So far no headaches but most have said they hit at day 3, I feel a little bit shaky I guess that's to be expected. My tongue feels like I've been licking the carpet all night - vile. But a massive positive I got on the scales this morning and in two days I've lost 7lb! Go me!

Morning of day three pre-op milk diet

So excited that after only two days of milk pre-op diet I am already down 7lb!!!

Feeling pretty good about life today :)

Not even trying to steal or sneak food when oh is cooking, although very nearly put garlic dough ball in my mouth yesterday - not cause I wanted it but because it was sat on the side lol frightening how much food I must shove in my mouth with out it even registering!

Yay loving that loss xxxx the carpet tounge lol..... Ohhhh getting close to op whoop whoop!! Xxxxxxxx

Carre please tell me the furry tongue goes after the op lol

Meggie moo said:
Well it's now day 3 and I'm surprised at how easy (thinking I may regret saying that) I'm finding the milk diet. So far no headaches but most have said they hit at day 3, I feel a little bit shaky I guess that's to be expected. My tongue feels like I've been licking the carpet all night - vile. But a massive positive I got on the scales this morning and in two days I've lost 7lb! Go me!

Well done Hun - if you do get the dreaded 3 day shakes just remember that fabulous weigh loss as an incentive xx WELL DONE AGAIN

Carre please tell me the furry tongue goes after the op lol

Yes and no.... Cause your only on fluids In the morning I have a milk based drink so some fur creats lol but after my soup/lolly it's gone so it's morning times for me.....

But you could be different ..??

Reminds me a bit of when I would go out and have 1 to many wines and wake up the next morning with a tounge like a rug lol xxxxxx

Back