• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I is back!

ricke17

Hey guys,

After a bumpy few months where mum died, I had a nervous breakdown and upping and leaving London, I am on the road to mental recovery and feel the need to re-visit these forums and check out what has been going on!

I am almost 8 months post-op (RnY) and have lost 13 stone. I'm 34"/36" waist (was 52") and can get into Large or X-Large (dependant on the shop) clothes. I've even gone done from a size 14 shoe to a size 13.

Foodwise, I can eat almost anything now although I do still chew, chew, chew and still wait 15-20mins between eating and drinking although it's usually 5-10mins between eating after drinking.

So, those struggling post-op - chin up - you WILL get there!

Rick xxxx

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
hi ricke, sorry to hear you have been through a tough time latley:hug99:

welcome back to the forum xxx

and congratulations on the weight loss well done xxx

rambo

leicester tigers
hi rick welcome back
sorry to hear of your sad loss an,d your mental health, life can be cruel.
but its great to hear of your fantastic weight loss well done ,and may i wish you all the best for the future
regards Steve

zetacatty

A loser at last!
I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a bad few months. I hope you are on the road to full recovery after your breakdown but, of course, nothing can take the pain away about your mum. My dad died many, many years ago but I still feel as if it was yesterday. It's still early days but the time will come when you will be able to look back without too much sadness and remember the good times. And all this on top of your bypass! Your weight loss is really amazing. Now that you've made the first tentative steps back to Minis I hope you keep posting and chatting to us all. Take care, Mxx

looking forward

So sorry for your sad loss.

Fantastic weight loss , all the better with rough time you've had recently.

Hope things get better for you soon

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rick,

Welcome back!

So very sorry to hear your very sad news, please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother.

Good to hear you are on the mend and congratulations and well done on losing 13 stone!!!:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

markelsie

Rick...I'm fairly new here and firstly "sorry" to hear about all stress and pressures you have had to do deal with...
I'm {7-days} post op and all I can say it your weight loss is VERY inspirational and you have done SO well you must be VERY proud..I hope things start to go your way and the pressures ease a little for you...
Regards
Mark

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I am very sad to hear about your mum and the subsequent breakdown but well done on getting on the road to recovery. Your weight loss is also absolutely amazing!

thinkbethin

Hi Rick,I'm glad you're on the recovery road sweetheart. You've had such a stressful time lately and now its time for you to take care of yourself. Well done on the weight loss you've done fantastic and should be real proud of your self. I'm sure your Mum would be so happy for you. Welcome back to the forum and we're all here for you if you need to talk. Big hugs xxGaynorxx

salski

Hi Rick
congratulations on your weight loss, and sorry for your loss. Hope you are well on the way to recovery on all fronts!
Sally x

phatgirl

Rick just wanted to say a quick welcome back. It must have been a rough time for you with all that has happened, so sorry to hear about your mum. Sending you warm well wishes and hope to see you around here more often, you weightloss is spectacular and an inspiration.

Take care,
Nic:D

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi welcome back to minis. So sorry to hear about your mum and your breakdown. Hopefully you are on the mend health wise I am sure with time you will start to think about your mum without getting too upset just take your time. If you need to talk we are all here. You are an inspiration to us all with an amazing loss of 13 stone in 8 months well done.

Sambucca

Welcome back Rick, so sorry to hear of everything you have had to cope with in recent months.

Your weight loss is incredible. Huge well done xx

Bonita

Hi Rick. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, losing a loved one is never easy, I lost my father at the end of Jan so know how you feel.

Congratulations on your spectacular weight loss too. I'm so jealous and hoping that I can achieve the same as you.

Well done and have a virtual hug from me.

(((HUGS)))
Bonita
xx