• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

im on my way.......NOW

Sorry I didn't get to wish you well before you went, wanted to say I know that horrible nervous feeling.....hope you are doing well , will look out for your next post.
Losers bench for you , now ! xxx

Hope your op went well!! Here's wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery xxxx

hi hun hope every thing is well with you, take care and best whishes for the start of a path to the new you, take it easy for a while. xxxx

hope all went well xx

well thanks for all the good luck wishes i certainly need them!!! had sat around in a room all morning as they didnt have a bed for me, i was ok until i heard the phone call that said they were ready for me i got changed and walked to theatre and was ok i was sat in a room on a chair and burst in to tears and was shaking, the theatre staff all tried to talk to me and calm me down and said i could still change my mind!!! no way, i went in to theatre and they were all busy doing things and then they said to me in 30 secs you will be asleep a lovely lady was talking to me and held my hand, the next thing i knew i was waking up on a ward at 7pm in agony, i was in and out of sleep all night and in a bit of pain.
the next morning the nurses asked me if i would like to get up and i did but only in to my chair they were good and didnt push me, the surgeon came and said that i had actually had some complications in the op and that is why it took them 6 and half hours, he said i could have a drink of water, i could have kissed him lol, the drink was great and stayed down so i was allowed free fluids until midnight as i was having the swallow test the next day.
swallow test went well and the results were good, no leaks, but everything after that just came back up and gave me the most painful cramos i have ever had, so i was nil by mouth again, told to rest and take it one day at a time. things were still the same and i was told i would need a ct scan if no improvement, meds were changed and told to try fluids again, hey presto what a total change fluid stayed down and i was allowed home one week after the op.
i have had pain from where the staples are and in my tummy but i am refusing pain killers as i dont want to be reliant on them!! i was due to start pureed stage next wed/thursday but i felt i was ready to try earlier and yesterday (sat) i tried some puree it was heaven and stayed down no side effects at all im just taking it easy. i have had dumping from a milky coffee of all things.
but i am well on my way to recovery now and get the staples out on tuesday, i went in to the operation at 6kg a loss of 22lb on the pre op diet but have not weighed myself since i will get the nurse to do that on tuesday im hoping i have a big amount to record as i am now wearing size 20 leggings that would not go over my thighs 2 days pre op i feel so good about it

So pleased you are home, what complications have you had did they tell you? You Will feel much better now your home and more so when you get your staples out, happy recuperation have a speedy recovery, good luck xx take it easy but keep moving around as well just makesure you rest in between. xx

Wow!!! You went through a lot. So glad you are ok now though. I am due to start purée next Friday. I can't wait! Lol x

they said that they will discuss the complications at my out patients appointment so i will just have to wait. im doing ok have my staples out today but i am still struggling with sickness everything i put in wants to come back out even fluids, for the last 2 days i have felt so ill and even water seems to be running straight through me it feels like my new living room is my bathroom lol. i am going to ask the nurse today when i go for the staples out because i cant carry on feeling this way it is making me regret having it done and i feel bad as i am snapping at my daughter all the time, i am moving around as much as the sickness will allow me but im so so tired all i want to do is sleep, hard when it is the school holidays. i am finding it very difficult to get comfy in bed and actually have some sleep before i could sleep 8 to 10 hours solid now i am lucky to get 2 hours unbroken sleep, my other half has resigned him self to the sofa as he thinks it is him that is waking me but he still checks on me about 10 times a night. i just want to start feeling normal again.
i can see a huge difference in me already i dont have any clothes that fit!!! they are all way too big but i have got in to a pair of size 20 leggings that i could not get over my thighs 3 weeks pre op so im happy with that. i just need to buy new clothes now that actually fit and dont hang off me it will feel so good to walk in to primark and buy things to keep me going instead of the hurried half run half walk in to evans lmao

Sorry to hear youve not been very well, yes you need to mentionit hope all has gone well at your appointment today did you not have key hole surgery? Hope the sickness settles down just keep resting and the walking round again, the clothes thing is funny what fit me one week didn't fit the next, you go through clothes so quickly in the first 1-12 weeks it unbeleiveable really but is a lovely feeling just wish you felt a bit more like being able to revel in it. xxx

yes i had keyhole surgery but to be honest ive had it before as well and was really ill afterwards. i had my staples out and the main big port has not healed so im now left with an open wound that is so so painfl the nurse said it will be ok just keep an eye on it and it might heal on its own!!! i never asked her about the sickness as i didnt want a stupid answer, so i rang my team and she said to keep on taking fluids as it is just my pouch settling down, i dont feel too bad today actually, i have stopped having warm drinks and ribena seems to stay down with no sickness at all, i am on to puree and managed a bit of fish pie in parsley sauce and that was fine too. i am just struggling with ideas for other things as i dont fancy having the same as the family all mushed up x

You certainly do things big style, hope the wound heals soon and you are feeling more settled with your new pouch and sickness has abated. xxx

Back