• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2015 Surgeries

Hi everyone, happy new year to you all :) Christinemarie- welcome to the site. When is your surgery and what you having done Hun? Sherlock- there is a lot of info on this site, it's great for learning about all of the stages of wls. People are really friendly too so just ask if there is something specific. Meshengy- not long now... Are you all ready for starting your LSD? Xemzax- good luck for tomorrow. I hope everything goes great! Only 3 more days until my bypass. Exciting times!!!

3days wow so exciting, hope all goes well!!! Xx
I'm starting the LSD on Monday don't ok on it before for 5 weeks, looking forward to starting it as I know it's closer to the bypass :) xx

Hi all,

Christinemarie- A diary is a great idea. I have recently started to keep one and it helps to focus your thoughts each time you make an entry. I wish I'd started mine sooner!

Sharona- Thank you!

Mrshengy- in case I don't get back on to say it in time, good luck with starting your LSD. Try taking it a day at a time and seeing each passing day as another step closer to your surgery.

Well it is admission day for me tomorrow and surgery on Sunday. I'm a little nervous but glad it is finally here. Phew lol x

Hi all who's having their op in jan 2015. I had my sleeve 3rd jan 2014 (a year tomorrow!!!!) and absolutely LOVE it!!! I am nearly 9 stone lighter (hopefully will be 9 stone when I weigh myself tomorrow) gone from a size 28 to a size 16 and feel fantastic!!!! I did my LSD last year over Christmas, I was truly fed up with watching food adverts and cooking programmes last Christmas!!!!but as my mum said "if you can do it now, the rest will seem easy!!" And I'm glad to say (as usual) she was right!!! I recovered really well from the op, with almost no pain. Although now I do have gallstones which are b****y painful - much worse than the op- but am hopefully having my gallbladder removed fairly soon!!! I can't believe what a difference a year has made to my life!!! I wish you all well with your op's and recovery, and this time next year this will be u!!!
Love salliebeth xxx

Having a band op on the 16th in Birmingham. Can't wait to shift this fat!

Good luck to all you January peeps! xx

Hello Abigail,
I'm still a 'newbie' on this site and everyone is lovely. Today I have had a rubbish day on my LSD my op has been put back by a day (which is nothing in the grand scheme of things!) I have kept strong but then my daughter has been obsessed with wanting chocolate allll day long too! But today is nearly over and I'm that one day closer to my op on the 8th (now).
How are you doing Abigail? And where is your surgery? We have a mix between NHS, Czech Republic and America I believe so far :) x

January seemed like the best option for me. No one goes out so there won't be any pressure from friends on that front! Plus my uni course kicks up a gear so hopefully that will keep my mind off the hunger. ?

Hello Abigail,
I'm still a 'newbie' on this site and everyone is lovely. Today I have had a rubbish day on my LSD my op has been put back by a day (which is nothing in the grand scheme of things!) I have kept strong but then my daughter has been obsessed with wanting chocolate allll day long too! But today is nearly over and I'm that one day closer to my op on the 8th (now).
How are you doing Abigail? And where is your surgery? We have a mix between NHS, Czech Republic and America I believe so far :) x

Hi Christine,

Sorry to hear your op has been put back a day but don't be disheartened, keep going with the LSD. I have the fear that my op will be cancelled but I try to not dwell on that and just stick with what I'm doing.
It's typical that people want things more when we can't have them or maybe we just notice it more. I miss meat more than chocolate lol!
I'm doing OK, I have one more soup and yoghurt to have today and then that's me set until tomorrow. Just trying to take each day as it comes. Drinking lots of tea, peeing just as much lol and watching lots of movies to keep myself distracted.
I am under the UCLH :)

xx

I know all about distraction from thinking about food! Haha, but It's about being strong and knowing that this is going to change my life for the better. Thanks for the pep talk.
I'm sure you are doing brilliantly too xx

gl all you new year peeps :) this time last year i was waiting on tender hooks for my date.... no regrets almost a year on x x x gl to all and welcome to a fab friendly site x x x

It's done!
Still in hospital, but am feeling so much better then yesterday! Ask for the peppermint water if the offer it to you!

Hi All

I am due to have my sleeve on 13th Jan. I am so excited I could cry lol! Im also nervous but more excited about the new me.

I started my pre op on 1st Jan 15, have lost 5lbs so far. Haven't found it too tough so far, I guess because I know the purpose of it and what I will be gaining at the end and also that its not for too long.

Started my pre-op diet today. I'm on the food one so i counted all my cals and it's just shy of 1000cals. The weird thing is that I haven't felt hungry at all! In fact, it's about what I eat normally. Now I'm worried that it won't work! Lol

Hi nomadb

Good luck on your pre op diet. I agree, I must admit I thought my pre op would be much worse but I hasn't been that bad

Back