• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2015 Surgeries

Hi, was allowed home last night. Bit of a drama really as I had to have a second surgery but all ok now and doing liquid foods :)

Hi, I'm at SRH for surgery. Received confirmation of surgery today and copy of LRD. I'm a bit nervous now!!!

Hi all,

I have just called in for a quick peek at how everyone is getting on…

nomadB – Im glad your LSD is going well. I am also at uni and used my work as a distraction in the run up to my opp. I hope you find a new distraction after your deadline on Monday. x

Donna66- I have heard lots of good things about the nutribullet. Your 8lb loss is great hun. Good luck for your opp, let us know how you get on x

Christinemarie – How are you doing hun? I hope they get back to you with a date real soon. X

Xemzax – Good to see you are home hun x

Sally1 – I had my surgery at SRH last Sunday. I found them to be great so try not to worry to much. What sugery are you having? X

Sharona – How are things going with you? X

I am still doing ok, pure food is becoming quite boring but I am grateful that I am tolerating it so well so soon.

Happy Saturday everyone x

Thanks guys, I had my gastric band removed at Sunderland a few years back after it slipped and they were great, looking forward to it all being over to be honest so I can start the new chapter in my life!

Thanks guys, I had my gastric band removed at Sunderland a few years back after it slipped and they were great, looking forward to it all being over to be honest so I can start the new chapter in my life!
I just looked up SRH and realised its Sunderland, I'm not far from you, I live in Redcar and my op is at James Cook hospital, if they ever get around to calling me back :-( x

Last edited:
I know it's so frustrating isn't it? I had endoscopy October and have waited for a date since. Someone I know had endoscopy Monday and they rang that afternoon offering surgery next week!!

Hi Sunshine, yes the nutribullet has been a god send and loving it to the max. Yea I will defo keep you informed. I more day then I am off to Czech, we leave Monday and mid Tues is my op! Will post while I am over there to keep you updated

For the first time in a week I'm desperate for chocolate! I want comfort food because I'm trying to write a philosophy essay but don't have a clue! Lucky I don't have any in ptherwise it would have been gone by now!

Hi All, I'm off to Czech Republic tomorrow for my sleeve surgery. Cant believe the day is nearly here! My op is Tuesday midday. Luggage all packed! House cleaned from top to bottom. Will be waking up tomorrow with a smile on my face as I know the day is drawing so very near.

Hi All, I'm off to Czech Republic tomorrow for my sleeve surgery. Cant believe the day is nearly here! My op is Tuesday midday. Luggage all packed! House cleaned from top to bottom. Will be waking up tomorrow with a smile on my face as I know the day is drawing so very near.

Good luck hope all goes well! will be thinking of you Tuesday, mine is the following Tuesday x

I hope all went well for you Donna! I know how you have been feeling nomad I have been trying to be good but I have been bloody miserable over the last week, but it guess they got bored of me calling every day cause I'm booked in for the 26th Yippeeee now they if they could just not cancel again I would be very grateful x

Hi all,

I hope you are all well.

Sallibeth – Thank you for sharing your story with us. I did read it before I went down for surgery but did not get chance to reply. It is always good to read of others being so successful and you have done great!

nomadB – not long to go now, how are you feeling? I was on the low cal LSD too and it worked perfectly for me so try not to worry.

Abigail – How are you going with your LSD?

Christinemarie – How did your opp go hun? I hope it went ahead as planned!

Xemzax – How are you doing now, are you home?

Donna66 – welcome, it sounds like you are doing great with your LSD!

I am recovering well from my surgery on Sunday. The wind seems to have finally left me thank goodness! That really is the most painful part of the whole thing.
Drinking enough water in is quite difficult but I am trying my hardest to keep up!

Hi Sunshine,

I am doing well with the LSD, thanks for asking :)
I am bored of soup and yoghurt and knowing I still have a few more weeks of it once I've had my op tomorrow is a bit blahhhhhhh but I know I'll be back on to normal food soon enough. Tea has been my absolute saviour throughout this entire process.

Just so worried I'll struggle afterwards. I have heard so many things about people struggling with food after and dumping on pretty much everything. Freaks me out a bit that it might happen to me but hopefully I'll be OK.

Hard to believe that in 26 hours I'll be in hospital! :eek:

Hi Sunshine, I am doing well with the LSD, thanks for asking :) I am bored of soup and yoghurt and knowing I still have a few more weeks of it once I've had my op tomorrow is a bit blahhhhhhh but I know I'll be back on to normal food soon enough. Tea has been my absolute saviour throughout this entire process. Just so worried I'll struggle afterwards. I have heard so many things about people struggling with food after and dumping on pretty much everything. Freaks me out a bit that it might happen to me but hopefully I'll be OK. Hard to believe that in 26 hours I'll be in hospital! :eek:

Don't freak out, some people do have problems with dumping and eating certain foods but if it puts your mind at ease I little - u font have any issues. I'm 10 weeks post op, never dumped and can eat everything I want to eat but in very small amounts. Even managed a few treats at Christmas. The strange thing is that j don't want the same things or quantities as before!!
The pre-op diet was brutal I found but post op I didn't really want to eat so it wasn't too much of an issue though puree was a bit tedious.
Good luck with your op and wish you a speedy recovery x

Don't be afraid you will be fine, just listen to your body take it easy and kept in touch so you can get the support you need. :)

Glad you made sense of what gibberish I wrote :)

Really should learn to check my dodgy typing before hitting send!

Back