• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Hi that's why it's a bit different than mine x there are few ladies here that have the surgery in Luton and dunstable hospital
What surgery type did they have ? The people going for bands were quicker and then sleeves and bypass has taken the longest xx which surgery did you say you were looking at getting ? Xxxx

What surgery type did they have ? The people going for bands were quicker and then sleeves and bypass has taken the longest xx which surgery did you say you were looking at getting ? Xxxx
They do all kinds of gastric surgerys there at l&do hospital im having gastric bypass on 14 March

Good luck to you Angeline and I hope the milk diet goes well for you. By the looks of it I will not be having surgery until well into New Year. Keep us up to date with your progress.
SJx
You never know hunny as there could be a cancellation . we will keep you updated hunny xxx

They do all kinds of gastric surgerys there at l&do hospital im having gastric bypass on 14 March
So not long now either....this last month has flown hasn't it so march wont be too far away. I thought they did lots of different types of operations xxxxx

Don't feel lost hunny...every step and every appointment is a step forward xxx
It just takes time but don't forget each of us individual and is looked at by the surgeons in that light xxx I've had to wait the longest in my group as I don't have the medical issues they had. Keep positive lovely and keep us updated xxx
Thank you hun I went to see the MDT team,I did gain as I thought but it was Xmas I always do but that will be off in a week. The nurse said as iv gained I must do the milk diet for a month then the low cal diet for a month and then should see the surgeon end of march. But as I have a chronic condition they don't know if my body can just have milk so need to wait for them to speak to the drs then they will call me n tell me the plan. But surgery won't be till at least may June but could be later thgthgan that. I'm just frustrated with being home and unwell I can't plan In advance we have to cancel our Trip to France as we have no idea when things will be that's in june so it's still a waiting game sadly I'm non the wiser. Its really getting me down. I'm sorry you had to wait so long, ii have many health issues but that doesn't seem to make things go any faster for me.
Thank you for being so kind xxxx

It may feel like you have waited for ever but just remember every appointment is a step towards changing the rest of your life.. I don't know why but I only have 2 weeks now before surgery it has came round so fast but I think it's because I'm always so busy I don't have time to think about it... cx

Thank you hun I went to see the MDT team,I did gain as I thought but it was Xmas I always do but that will be off in a week. The nurse said as iv gained I must do the milk diet for a month then the low cal diet for a month and then should see the surgeon end of march. But as I have a chronic condition they don't know if my body can just have milk so need to wait for them to speak to the drs then they will call me n tell me the plan. But surgery won't be till at least may June but could be later thgthgan that. I'm just frustrated with being home and unwell I can't plan In advance we have to cancel our Trip to France as we have no idea when things will be that's in june so it's still a waiting game sadly I'm non the wiser. Its really getting me down. I'm sorry you had to wait so long, ii have many health issues but that doesn't seem to make things go any faster for me.

I know what u ment it seems to be ages but it will come. Each appoitment its a step forward. It may take longer as u put on weight as i was told loosing weight and do as expected on each stage of the process is very important as it's shows ur commitment to the service I keept weight down so it was quite strait forward. My other 3 friends r having wls too but in different hospitals one is having the operation on 2nd March but other 2 r still no near even having a date as they got health complication and that delays the surgery.

Its just so hard because iv done all that's been asked til Xmas then figured I might as well enjoy myself for once but hey maybe a little (or lot) to much. Iv learnt the hard way just so disappointed in myself and them for delaying it further xx

Its just so hard because iv done all that's been asked til Xmas then figured I might as well enjoy myself for once but hey maybe a little (or lot) to much. Iv learnt the hard way just so disappointed in myself and them for delaying it further xx

Christmas is a tough time for us all as it has lots of socials and meals etc all the time. I've got round a lot of excess food and drinks this year by either being the driver or ive said I've not long ate and not too hungry ...smaller portions :) xxx that way I can join in but try and behave myself lol ....truth be known I might have angel in my name but I struggle like mad to be 100% good xxx we are all in same boat and we are all here to support each other xxx

Don't be disappointed in yourself ...... Take those feelings and move forward positively xxx it's a hiccup and you can brush yourself down and get back on your journey xxx

Yes but take it as the good thing learn from it and now it will go only better and easier. I will keep my fingers crossed for you x

I have an appointment 9th Jan with surgeon so I'm hoping to get some information on timescale for op, I've been signed off with physiologist so hopefully I'm on the last leg
What surgery are you looking to have ? It goes really quickly at tier 3 I felt so keep us updated

That is so true... you do learn from your mistakes and don't beat your self up over a couple of slip ups we are still only human.. don't feel guilty pick your self up, brush yourself off and carry on xx

I've just been asked how did I make my decision of which surgery to have ..how did you all make up your minds ?

I wrote a list of why I wanted surgery and what my issues with food were, eg are you a volume eater, a grazer, sweet tooth or savoury, do you binge? If so what on?

For me the bypass was both a reduction in volume but also limits sweet food due to dumping syndrome - you can also dump with a sleeve though but it seems to be to a lesser extent.

I also didn't want the risk of indigestion from the sleeve.

In the end it was a joint decision based on me and also my surgeons recommendations.

There are issues with malabsorption with bypass and nutrients but as long as you keep up with supplements and blood tests you should keep on top of it.

For me it was the dumping/sweet food that swung it towards the bypass. I did waiver and panic that I wouldn't be able to eat cake ever again (stupid I know) but then that is exactly what I need - to keep away from cake! So it was no contest really!

Hi all well I got a call from the nurse from the MDT team. They told me Friday they want me to do milk diet for a month then a month on low cal diet n would see the surgeon in March.
Well she called me to say because I gained the MDT team WON'T be referring me to the surgeon till iv done two months of this diet then see if I keep it off therefore no surgeon in march so won't see him till at least middle\end of June I'm literally beside myself with utter disappointment iv done everything asked but gained over Xmas. I'm going out of my mind its taken them 16 months to pass me from pilla to post n lose me for 3 month and now stop everything till I lose more weight. If I was frustrated before I'm literally at my lowest point now I don't know what to do.:flamingmade::flamingmade::flamingmade::mad::(:(:(

I've just been asked how did I make my decision of which surgery to have ..how did you all make up your minds ?
Hi i was sure I don't want gastric band and than i was debating sleeve or bypass. I love sweet stuff so I was hoping that if I dump it will help me a lot to stop eating noughty stuff. And also I asked the surgeon and he said that I will do very well with bypass so it's that what I'm having

Back