• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

I have a fantastic gp who I went and said refer me for wls surgery and he did I had my first appointment January where they weighed me and seen Dieatician told me what I needed to change etc. Then got referred to the shrink as I call him and I told him look I'm not an emotional eater and I'm not having this surgery as a quick fix I no I can lose the weight I just can't keep it off then he said congratulations your now on the waiting list that was may then June went and had a group session and then September seen the anaesthetist who said I was fit for surgery as lost a stone and signed all my surgery paperwork and been on waiting list since had a phone call December the 18th to say my date was 16th January and here I am 12 days away xx

Great journey x mine was a bit unexpected as i struggle with getting pregnant and ivf consultan told it not gonna happend due to my obesity and told me to go to GP to get the referal for wls so I did in January and and in March I was added to tier3 and start councling sessions in June for 12 weeks than I chose hospital and mdt from tier3 refered me there. Had my 1st appoitment just general information and induction and weighing than strait to mdt than dietican again than milk diet back to dietican told to keep weight off as I lost 12 kg and than appoitment with surgeon and anestetist I put on 1.5 kg since I finish milk diet so got thumbs up again and now here I am waiting for my pre op appoitment on 23rd February.

We are all in the same boat and honestly I've felt like this lately with no carbs. Consists of veg and meat only really. There has been a few tears and tantrums as I'm so hungry and having no carbs has gave me major migraines to the point I've asked myself if this is worth it because of the migraines. I then tell myself to stop being so stupid I've got less then 2 weeks vs rest of my healthy life.. I was meant to do it for 4 weeks but after speaking to my gp he said my body isn't coping and he got in touch with Dieatician who then changed it to 2 weeks and put on beta blockers to try and keep them at bay until surgery.. I'm still worried my liver hasn't shrunk enough but honestly if you take the laid back approach and just take it as it comes it does come around so quick and before you know it you have your surgery date.. honestly your not moaning your being honest...I've had to give up everything I love Pepsi,smoking and takeaways but I know in the long run it's worth it going from full fat Pepsi 8 litres a day to water was my biggest achievement along with stopping smoking at the same time.... you will do it... thank you getting excited now as not long I'm staring to panic now haha xxx
So sorry your having such a ruff time of it.
You Are truly inspirational doing all that at once is hard going on there own let alone together. :winner:
You should be proud of yourself that's amazing.
I'm sure it will be fine you have come this far and done what was asked of you it will be OK.
I am asn emotional eater always have been but I'm like you I can lose the weight easy but it's keeping it off. I lost 5.5st but regained it. My conditions don't help as I can be in hospital for weeks at a time without eating or drinking as my body rejects it. But its controlled now but I will always have it but from that my body stores when I can eat I don't sit eating all day long or anything like that i don't drink smoke or anything but I do like to have the take always but even those I can't have often or I'll get sick.
But as I say my body stores it I gain weight easy.
I forgot to say I got another call today from the nurse, she told my I cant do the milk diet because of my condition but I can do the low cal n have to lose another 5% to prove I'm committed coz of my Xmas gain. So happy i don't have to do the milk diet but the low cal one sounds tuff.
But I'm on it as of when I get the paperwork sent to me.
I suffer with migraine already so hope it doesn't get worse. But as you say if needs must we will do it xxxx

Last edited:
Massive well done for losing 12kg and depending on the area is what you have to do as I never had to have counselling or go on milk diet was just told 4 weeks before my date to either do low carb or milk. I haven't told any one about this surgery only my mom and husband know so will be a nice surprise at a family get together when I've lost all the weight.. I haven't really thought about my journey as such I just got on with it and now it's this close it seems to be dragging... the milk diet I found extremely hard and my body just didn't cope with it and it not really coping with low carbs but needs must I suppose.. I'm thinking night before surgery do I go out with the hubby for a meal (healthy one) or do I not just incase, decisions decisions! When you get your date you will feel like a weight has been lifted as you can plan a lot more. Xx

Massive well done for losing 12kg and depending on the area is what you have to do as I never had to have counselling or go on milk diet was just told 4 weeks before my date to either do low carb or milk. I haven't told any one about this surgery only my mom and husband know so will be a nice surprise at a family get together when I've lost all the weight.. I haven't really thought about my journey as such I just got on with it and now it's this close it seems to be dragging... the milk diet I found extremely hard and my body just didn't cope with it and it not really coping with low carbs but needs must I suppose.. I'm thinking night before surgery do I go out with the hubby for a meal (healthy one) or do I not just incase, decisions decisions! When you get your date you will feel like a weight has been lifted as you can plan a lot more. Xx

Definitely the weight has been lifted of my shoulders when I got my date so as u haven't told anyone about having surgery what u gonna tell them when they will ask u? Admit having it or lie and say diet and excercise new year resolution as new year new me?

So sorry your having such a ruff time of it.
You Are truly inspirational doing all that at once is hard going on there own let alone together. :winner:
You should be proud of yourself that's amazing.
I'm sure it will be fine you have come this far and done what was asked of you it will be OK.
I am asn emotional eater always have been but I'm like you I can lose the weight easy but it's keeping it off. I lost 5.5st but regained it. My conditions don't help as I can be in hospital for weeks at a time without eating or drinking as my body rejects it. But its controlled now but I will always have it but from that my body stores when I can eat I don't sit eating all day long or anything like that u don't drink smoke or anything but I dfo like to have the take always but even those I can have often or I'll get sick.
But as I say my body stores it I gain weight easy.
I forgot to say I got another call today from the nurse, she told my I cascasnt do the milk diet because of my condition but I can do the low cal n hasve to lose another 5% to prove I'm committed coz of my Xmas gain. So happy i don't have to do ther milk diet but the low cascasl one sounds tuff.
But I'm on it as of when I get the paperwork sent to me.
I suffer with migraine already so hope it doesn't get worse. Buyt as you say if needs must we will do it xxxx
...the worst is not eating as your body goes into starvation mode and stores all the fat and that's what I'm struggling with as I don't really like anything and bacon sarnies of a morning to get me going is really depressing not being able to have the bread so surviving on eggs even they are starting to make me sick... it's mind over matter.... my husband says I'm a fit fat haha as I don't like chocolate or cakes biscuits or crisps don't eat all day and then sit down to a nice takeaway of a night like 11 when I finish work which then I'm sleeping on all them calories so it's not good for me.. I put on 2lb over xmas ooopppss didn't follow it exactly got to Monday and thought oh crap I'm 2 weeks away I better hit this real hard.. when I get hungry of a night I tend to have a cup of bovril which satisfies me... honestly do not punish yourself over a bit of weight gain it happens to skinny people to!!! It has caused about of a set back for you but who cares the main thing is you know where you went wrong and you get back on track... when I went for my appointment and seen nurse she said pack up smoking and don't worry about weight gain that's why your having surgery but they weigh you with shoes so learnt a trick wear lighter shoes each time I got weighed haha sshhh don't tell anyone and it worked plus wear leggings and a thin tip worked for me lol. Xxx

Definitely the weight has been lifted of my shoulders when I got my date so as u haven't told anyone about having surgery what u gonna tell them when they will ask u? Admit having it or lie and say diet and excercise new year resolution as new year new me?
.. tell them the truth I'm not ashamed of having it done... some of my family only talk to me when they want something so by telling them it will be like news of the world so less they no the less I can be centre of attention and when they ask me why I never told them. Well you never actually speak to me unless you want something so didn't think it was relavent other so you can have a good laugh about me

.. tell them the truth I'm not ashamed of having it done... some of my family only talk to me when they want something so by telling them it will be like news of the world so less they no the less I can be centre of attention and when they ask me why I never told them. Well you never actually speak to me unless you want something so didn't think it was relavent other so you can have a good laugh about me
Bless that's an good attitude

...the worst is not eating as your body goes into starvation mode and stores all the fat and that's what I'm struggling with as I don't really like anything and bacon sarnies of a morning to get me going is really depressing not being able to have the bread so surviving on eggs even they are starting to make me sick... it's mind over matter.... my husband says I'm a fit fat haha as I don't like chocolate or cakes biscuits or crisps don't eat all day and then sit down to a nice takeaway of a night like 11 when I finish work which then I'm sleeping on all them calories so it's not good for me.. I put on 2lb over xmas ooopppss didn't follow it exactly got to Monday and thought oh crap I'm 2 weeks away I better hit this real hard.. when I get hungry of a night I tend to have a cup of bovril which satisfies me... honestly do not punish yourself over a bit of weight gain it happens to skinny people to!!! It has caused about of a set back for you but who cares the main thing is you know where you went wrong and you get back on track... when I went for my appointment and seen nurse she said pack up smoking and don't worry about weight gain that's why your having surgery but they weigh you with shoes so learnt a trick wear lighter shoes each time I got weighed haha sshhh don't tell anyone and it worked plus wear leggings and a thin tip worked for me lol. Xxx
Hahaha that made me laugh I go in leggings n thin top n learnt to take my shoes off pmsl ssssshhhh
See I like all those bad things but don't have them in the house, I used to work shift when I was well n would feel sick from being shattered after so then I would eat so much throughout the day. Now i can't have huge meal's but did eat naughty food over Xmas.
Do you ever worry that you will get to slim after surgery? I do iv always been big at 16yo I was 16st 17yo 17st 20yo 19.5st
Now I'm 32yo n 21,6st n have been for a long time but lost 5.5st doing Slimming world. I have never been slim its a little scary that I could n probably will be "slim" but boy I can't wait to go shopping in a normal shop for an outfit. Xx

I think it takes a strong person to go through this hard rollercoaster an anyone who laughs isn't worth your time.
There is no shame in needing help to be heathy n live longer. Hold your head high and just be you
Xx

I think it takes a strong person to go through this hard rollercoaster an anyone who laughs isn't worth your time.
There is no shame in needing help to be heathy n live longer. Hold your head high and just be you
Xx
Awe thank you sweet.. haha learnt al. The trick first went in my builders boot didn't realise they were so heavy so learnt quickly haha.. you got to try and make yourself weigh lighter.. don't think some in this forum will agree but hey you only live once and only get this opportunity once so I took action I took my boots of lol... you got to have a bit off fun life would be boring!! I'm such a bad influence xx

Awe thank you sweet.. haha learnt al. The trick first went in my builders boot didn't realise they were so heavy so learnt quickly haha.. you got to try and make yourself weigh lighter.. don't think some in this forum will agree but hey you only live once and only get this opportunity once so I took action I took my boots of lol... you got to have a bit off fun life would be boring!! I'm such a bad influence xx
You do indeed lol, I must lose weight I done all that was asked apart from Xmas I wasnt going to be good when it was possibly my last Xmas eating what everyone else had. And I enjoyed myself but I do regret it but its done now time to move on xx

You do indeed lol, I must lose weight I done all that was asked apart from Xmas I wasnt going to be good when it was possibly my last Xmas eating what everyone else had. And I enjoyed myself but I do regret it but its done now time to move on xx
Deffo onwards and upwards like I said in previous posts don't keep punishing yourself what's done is done.. just prove them all wrong and show how committed you are. They no xmas would be a hard to for anyone even I had 4 roasties and a mountain of dinner with gravy over spilling and picking between it being cooked.. it's life it's going to happen cx

Hi Anna. It was my doctor who suggested WLS surgery back in February 2014 but I had already been through the Six week gym course and dietician back in 2006 and then the six month Livewell course at the local leisure centre in 2012. Each time I had lost weight but put it back on plus some and I told her I was actually afraid of going on yet another intervention only to end up back in her surgery 2 years later having lost and regained more again. I also told her how miserable I was, hungry and food obsessed whenever I tried to lose weight.

Once I was on the bariatric team's "pathway" I attended group and individual sessions, had a sleep apnea test and waited forever to see a psychologist and was finally listed in March 2015. Unfortunately I ended up in hospital from the end of April until mid June with an infection that turned into sepsis so when the date came through for July I wasn't strong enough and quite honestly couldn't face going back into hospital so was delisted. I asked to be re-referred earlier this year and here I am!

The positive thing about the delay is that I've re-discovered swimming (30 lengths in 25 minutes this morning) and have my head in the right place. What stage are you at? BTW tiers mean nothing to me.

Hi Anna. It was my doctor who suggested WLS surgery back in February 2014 but I had already been through the Six week gym course and dietician back in 2006 and then the six month Livewell course at the local leisure centre in 2012. Each time I had lost weight but put it back on plus some and I told her I was actually afraid of going on yet another intervention only to end up back in her surgery 2 years later having lost and regained more again. I also told her how miserable I was, hungry and food obsessed whenever I tried to lose weight.

Once I was on the bariatric team's "pathway" I attended group and individual sessions, had a sleep apnea test and waited forever to see a psychologist and was finally listed in March 2015. Unfortunately I ended up in hospital from the end of April until mid June with an infection that turned into sepsis so when the date came through for July I wasn't strong enough and quite honestly couldn't face going back into hospital so was delisted. I asked to be re-referred earlier this year and here I am!

The positive thing about the delay is that I've re-discovered swimming (30 lengths in 25 minutes this morning) and have my head in the right place. What stage are you at? BTW tiers mean nothing to me.
Hi thanks for sharing x its not an easy journey and it's so upsetting when people say that it is an easy fix and it's not. Tier 3 and tier 4 r a stages on the way to wls - weight loss surgery. I'm now acceptied for funding for my operation and waiting only for pre op on 23 Feb and than the op on 14 March.

:hugs: thank you I will be going on the milk diet for sure just need to contact the nurse that once again didn't call me back. This is a huge blow but I will get there I just hope im mentally strong enough to carry in like this with all the lows. Xx

Its a step backwards....only one and your gonna bounce back hunny. Think about how many steps forward you have done to be where you are today until this hicup and be very proud of yourself!!! Take all that upset and get it out of your system...pick yourself up and prove them that you are ready and you are going to move forward. I had steps back too hunny and I had damn good cry and then moved forward...it's almost like a test to see what you are gonna do.

Well my lovey your gonna this ......your gonna brush yourself down, hold head high and say to yourself I can do this and shine xxxxxx

woke up today with no hi temp no cough no snotty nose just feel like there is mucus in back of my throat so rang the hospital nursing staff say they don't come in then they put me through to the Mr Carr's secretary who says they are nursing staff its not their decision and tells me to sit tight don't break my diet and she will speak to Mr Carr and ring me back ......needless to say I am crossing everything that he lets it go ahead

Back