• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

Hi all well I got a call from the nurse from the MDT team. They told me Friday they want me to do milk diet for a month then a month on low cal diet n would see the surgeon in March.
Well she called me to say because I gained the MDT team WON'T be referring me to the surgeon till iv done two months of this diet then see if I keep it off therefore no surgeon in march so won't see him till at least middle\end of June I'm literally beside myself with utter disappointment iv done everything asked but gained over Xmas. I'm going out of my mind its taken them 16 months to pass me from pilla to post n lose me for 3 month and now stop everything till I lose more weight. If I was frustrated before I'm literally at my lowest point now I don't know what to do.:flamingmade::flamingmade::flamingmade::mad::(:(:(
It sucks doesn't it. Jumping through hoops just because you have been told you must. I am sorry. I also felt so low at times, and at other times I felt I was wasting my time and that I would never get there. But I did and now I am on the other side.
The only thing that worked for me was to allow myself the time to feel the feelings, - the frustration, the anger and the disappointment. Acknowledging my pain was important to me, I needed to rage and shout at all the unfairness of it all.
But then I had to get up again, when I could - next day usually, and start all over again. In some ways the anger made me even more determined.
I don't know if my way is the best way for you, but at least I hope that sharing will make you feel less alone.
Hugs and good luck on the next stage of your journey.

It sucks doesn't it. Jumping through hoops just because you have been told you must. I am sorry. I also felt so low at times, and at other times I felt I was wasting my time and that I would never get there. But I did and now I am on the other side.
The only thing that worked for me was to allow myself the time to feel the feelings, - the frustration, the anger and the disappointment. Acknowledging my pain was important to me, I needed to rage and shout at all the unfairness of it all.
But then I had to get up again, when I could - next day usually, and start all over again. In some ways the anger made me even more determined.
I don't know if my way is the best way for you, but at least I hope that sharing will make you feel less alone.
Hugs and good luck on the next stage of your journey.
Having lovely people like you really helps, iv cried all day long n stayed in bed I just can't face the world yet. I'm so upset I know it sounds dramatic but it fees like someone has died I want thus so much so I can be me again n get back to good health n to work again n be someone rather than just existing in my home. Its so hard when I can't change there minds but they could have just referred me anyways then seen me do the diets that way I'm not waiting even longer. They don't care my life is on hold I know they have to do there jobs but this was one slip up give me a break its been 16 long months.
Any who I spoke to my Dr about bloods I had done few weeks ago alls fine so I can start the milk diet asap just waiting for the nurse to call me back.
Thank you for your support I really couldn't get through without taking to someone xxxxxx

Having lovely people like you really helps, iv cried all day long n stayed in bed I just can't face the world yet. I'm so upset I know it sounds dramatic but it fees like someone has died I want thus so much so I can be me again n get back to good health n to work again n be someone rather than just existing in my home. Its so hard when I can't change there minds but they could have just referred me anyways then seen me do the diets that way I'm not waiting even longer. They don't care my life is on hold I know they have to do there jobs but this was one slip up give me a break its been 16 long months.
Any who I spoke to my Dr about bloods I had done few weeks ago alls fine so I can start the milk diet asap just waiting for the nurse to call me back.
Thank you for your support I really couldn't get through without taking to someone xxxxxx
You just show them now! :)

.. bless ya don't give up.. you have got this far I know you must feel deflated and cheated but come back fighting and show them.. just don't let that slip up you had make you throw the towel in because you can do this you just have to believe in yourself xx
:hugs: thank you I will be going on the milk diet for sure just need to contact the nurse that once again didn't call me back. This is a huge blow but I will get there I just hope im mentally strong enough to carry in like this with all the lows. Xx

:hugs: thank you I will be going on the milk diet for sure just need to contact the nurse that once again didn't call me back. This is a huge blow but I will get there I just hope im mentally strong enough to carry in like this with all the lows. Xx
. You ARE strong enough and the way I think is it's months compared to the rest of your life I have been lucky tbh as I just cut out my night dinners as I don't like cakes,chocolate and crisps nor sugar I just love takeaways so I cut them out and ate normally and lost 2 stone.. the low carbohydrate diet is killing me though had to go to my doctors today who told me to eat normal as ketosis is not agreeing with me and making me ill but I told him I've got to do it to shrink my liver otherwise they won't do surgery... it's 2 weeks low carbs compared to the rest of my life.. you will get there but firstly you need to believe in yourself and build your confidence up.. you may have hit rock bottom but the only way is up xx

. You ARE strong enough and the way I think is it's months compared to the rest of your life I have been lucky tbh as I just cut out my night dinners as I don't like cakes,chocolate and crisps nor sugar I just love takeaways so I cut them out and ate normally and lost 2 stone.. the low carbohydrate diet is killing me though had to go to my doctors today who told me to eat normal as ketosis is not agreeing with me and making me ill but I told him I've got to do it to shrink my liver otherwise they won't do surgery... it's 2 weeks low carbs compared to the rest of my life.. you will get there but firstly you need to believe in yourself and build your confidence up.. you may have hit rock bottom but the only way is up xx
I am just so down I'm sorry to be such a needy drag. Oh I see your due to have op soon good luck hun. What does the low carb diet consist of? They said I have to do that after a month on milk diet. As for the set back your so right its just a few more months I will get there in the end thank you for the support xx

We are all in the same boat and honestly I've felt like this lately with no carbs. Consists of veg and meat only really. There has been a few tears and tantrums as I'm so hungry and having no carbs has gave me major migraines to the point I've asked myself if this is worth it because of the migraines. I then tell myself to stop being so stupid I've got less then 2 weeks vs rest of my healthy life.. I was meant to do it for 4 weeks but after speaking to my gp he said my body isn't coping and he got in touch with Dieatician who then changed it to 2 weeks and put on beta blockers to try and keep them at bay until surgery.. I'm still worried my liver hasn't shrunk enough but honestly if you take the laid back approach and just take it as it comes it does come around so quick and before you know it you have your surgery date.. honestly your not moaning your being honest...I've had to give up everything I love Pepsi,smoking and takeaways but I know in the long run it's worth it going from full fat Pepsi 8 litres a day to water was my biggest achievement along with stopping smoking at the same time.... you will do it... thank you getting excited now as not long I'm staring to panic now haha xxx

I'm supposed to be going in for mine on Friday but this cold will not shift and I think it will be postponed ..grrrr
. Oh no I've had a cold and chest infection doctor gave me antibiotics and told me not to tell them so it doesn't get postponed and by Then it will be cleared up. Isn't it annoying that all year round I'm well and come to something I've been waiting for and I get ill xx

Well to be honest if you do have a cold or chest infection I would prefer it to be postponed as a matter of safety even though it is disappointing. Fingers crossed I'm OK so far.

Mine should be gone by the 16th with these antibiotics so I should be fine. Good luck with yours if it isn't postponed

I have a fantastic gp who I went and said refer me for wls surgery and he did I had my first appointment January where they weighed me and seen Dieatician told me what I needed to change etc. Then got referred to the shrink as I call him and I told him look I'm not an emotional eater and I'm not having this surgery as a quick fix I no I can lose the weight I just can't keep it off then he said congratulations your now on the waiting list that was may then June went and had a group session and then September seen the anaesthetist who said I was fit for surgery as lost a stone and signed all my surgery paperwork and been on waiting list since had a phone call December the 18th to say my date was 16th January and here I am 12 days away xx

Back