• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

@Angeline I think a post op group like that is a fantastic idea, I wish more places ran something like that. I bet it makes a big positive difference to a lot of patients especially as not everyone finds internet groups work for them - or even know they exist :) I did find it interesting that we have so many appointments to get to the operating theatre and then they just stop.

So I got my op date on 15th may and I now have my pre op assessment on the 3rd of may its all go go go now feeling a little frightened but so relieved its finally getting sorted.
Feeling blessed rite now x

I'm not doing to bad nearly at my weight target really need to hit the gym getting jiggly bits now.. but sickness has calmed down just wish I could eat a bit more but hey ho I've had the surgery to stop that.. how are you xx
So glad your not being so sick I was so worried. I have my op date on the 15th may pre op assessment on the 3rd may, I keep remembering your joke about your tuna box haha still cracks me up I best make sure all that's sorted for my op too.
Do you feel like your skin can get back to normal? I have huge arms they sag already I'm 99%sure they will need surgery after as they really ate not normal for there size.
How are you finding eating can you eat more variety? And how's your hair? I'm so worried mines already so thin as it is.

So glad to hear from you xx

So glad your not being so sick I was so worried. I have my op date on the 15th may pre op assessment on the 3rd may, I keep remembering your joke about your tuna box haha still cracks me up I best make sure all that's sorted for my op too.
Do you feel like your skin can get back to normal? I have huge arms they sag already I'm 99%sure they will need surgery after as they really ate not normal for there size.
How are you finding eating can you eat more variety? And how's your hair? I'm so worried mines already so thin as it is.

So glad to hear from you xx
heyyy yes don't forget to make your tuna box look pretty hahaha. Ya can eat loads of different foods now the only thing I really struggle with is chicken in any form and miss my chicken curries load but that seems to set my sickness off loads so I tend to stay right away from it.. oh my god next month are you excited? My weight loss has slowed right down now I'm losing about 2lb a week now but i expected it to as I lost so much so quickly. But looking forward to summer now no more hiding xx

heyyy yes don't forget to make your tuna box look pretty hahaha. Ya can eat loads of different foods now the only thing I really struggle with is chicken in any form and miss my chicken curries load but that seems to set my sickness off loads so I tend to stay right away from it.. oh my god next month are you excited? My weight loss has slowed right down now I'm losing about 2lb a week now but i expected it to as I lost so much so quickly. But looking forward to summer now no more hiding xx
Hey good to hear from you,
I'll do my best haha. Sounds like you had a hiccup at first now finally settling into your new stomach. I love chicken I have a freezer full so I am really hoping that I can eat it.
How do you get your proteins in?
2lbs a week is good tho you won't get such lose skin that way not saying you will anyway. I can't wait for summer but I hope of lost enough weight by then as over the passed weekend oh boy I struggled and I love hot weather.

As for my op it doesn't feel real yet, it must be going ahead as iv got my pre op assessment on the 3 rd and already have my post op 6 week appointment's but that doesn't mean iit won't get cancelled.
I'm feeling worried that I'm not going to be fit enough as my breathing has been so so bad my asthma doesn't usually bother me my but its been bad for the past two weeks non stop I can't eat without being sick coz I cough so much.
Iv got to do the milk diet as of the 1st I need to call them to sort things out I haven't a clue really I know what ii have to have but don't know if I'm meant to take vitamins or anything. Are you on solid foods now? I'm going to France beginning of July I don't know if I will be on solids by then I really hope I am or I'll have to get a blender when I'm there. Lol
I keep thinking about writing letters to my family jut in case anything happens. Silly but I just don't want to have anything bad happen and them not know what I think of them xx

Haha well done on your weight loss hun keep plodding on. I t my surgery conformation letter 15th may. Have to be there at 11am my surgery is in the afternoon, I got two appointments come through today one for Mr Jain on the 29th June and another to see the nurse on the same day. I'm assuming that's my 6week check dates for after my op?
I haven't got a letter for my pre op assessment yet do you know when I will get that? As there is only 5 weeks before my op. Xx

Wow! only 2 + weeks behind me....... I got my pre-op appointment through shortly before the post-op letter and the appointment is next Wednesday - 6 days before surgery. So yours will be coming through soon. Are you getting set for plenty of cow juice. Honestly, buying a Frisian cow would have been cheaper I think. My boys still drink lots of milk (doused in Nesquik) so as a family we are currently ordering 52 pints of milk per week. Mooooooowwwww! I now have only 12 days to go - yikes! its all getting very near and very real.
Did you watch the programme on BBC2 Obesity: How prejudice is the NHS? Worth catching it in i-player if you didn't. It was very interesting regarding the changes that occur in the gut following a bypass but also the rightful claim that obese patients have a double dose of prejudice. Less ops happening per year and we are being stopped having other surgery - mainly orthopedic ops unless I have a BMI below 30. I need an op on my heel and have been told that my BMI must be below 30 before they will book me for a pre-op review appointment. If I wasn't having the bypass I would be on the waiting list for a long time.

Family roast meal tomorrow and an Easter Party on Sunday. I am cooking the roast but I may bail from the party as I can't eat or drink and most people in the wider family don't know about the impending surgery date so I don't want to have to explain to them.

SJ xx

Hi SJ lovely xxxx
It was really good and I bumped into a lady who came in for a GBand when I was in for one of my stints...that was so nice to see her again xxx These are new sessions and yes it was beneficial as we can share our feelings, changing attitudes, support each other on keeping up with post medications/vitamins etc as some were struggling with swapping over to normal tablets from chewable/liquid. We are looking at diet/water next time and the next set of changes our bodies are going under ...quite interesting as things are talked about that I hadnt thought about or was up to yet like hair loss/thinning or skin changes xxxx

Its a 1 1/2 trip each way for me so I know the pain but ya might be able to hop on to one closer if available xxx It took me just under five hours to get there and get home last time ...then sometimes its a hour each way xx

Sounds as though it would be worth me travelling there is L&D offer them. Did you watch the BBC2 Obesity- Is there prejudice in the NHS? worth a watch as it gives some very interesting detail about how the gut enzymes change after the bypass. Only 12 days to go to my op. Excited, nervous, apprehensive but looking forward to stopping the endless milk.

SJ xx

Hey good to hear from you,
I'll do my best haha. Sounds like you had a hiccup at first now finally settling into your new stomach. I love chicken I have a freezer full so I am really hoping that I can eat it.
How do you get your proteins in?
2lbs a week is good tho you won't get such lose skin that way not saying you will anyway. I can't wait for summer but I hope of lost enough weight by then as over the passed weekend oh boy I struggled and I love hot weather.

As for my op it doesn't feel real yet, it must be going ahead as iv got my pre op assessment on the 3 rd and already have my post op 6 week appointment's but that doesn't mean iit won't get cancelled.
I'm feeling worried that I'm not going to be fit enough as my breathing has been so so bad my asthma doesn't usually bother me my but its been bad for the past two weeks non stop I can't eat without being sick coz I cough so much.
Iv got to do the milk diet as of the 1st I need to call them to sort things out I haven't a clue really I know what ii have to have but don't know if I'm meant to take vitamins or anything. Are you on solid foods now? I'm going to France beginning of July I don't know if I will be on solids by then I really hope I am or I'll have to get a blender when I'm there. Lol
I keep thinking about writing letters to my family jut in case anything happens. Silly but I just don't want to have anything bad happen and them not know what I think of them xx
I didn't think about the op until I was there and I didn't think anything would happen either they do this day in day out. Ya I'm on solids have been for 4 weeks now. Such a bad day today I've thrown up everything and pop feel aweful. They will give you liquid baby vitamins yak yak yak couldn't take them tasted vile. After 4 weeks you have to crush them yourself. Protein never took protein shake and still don't now naughty I no but do try and eat turkey mince and pork mince as much as possible with meals as that's a good source but other then that I don't pay much attention to mr sleeve now I eat only what I can tolerate but continue my life as normal as possible. I am suffering with hair loss but my hair is soooooo thick it's not a big deal to me. I do have the odd pack of quavers special k for breakfast and something like half a wrap or a very small portion of cottage pie and that's all I eat really. I can't eat Sunday dinners at all don't know why but as soon as I have a spoonful I'm in the toilet being sick don't understand that myself. Things I can't eat are chicken any form,ice cream, cooked dinners, curry, pasta, rice, white bread, beans, eggs, prawns,soup especially tinned soup I think that's it really. I ate some Chinese noodles yesterday was well proud only managed a bit but it tasted good my favourite at the minute is 1 slice of vegetarian pizza yummy and mr sleeve copes well with it to.. you will be absolutely fine so excited for you xx

Sounds as though it would be worth me travelling there is L&D offer them. Did you watch the BBC2 Obesity- Is there prejudice in the NHS? worth a watch as it gives some very interesting detail about how the gut enzymes change after the bypass. Only 12 days to go to my op. Excited, nervous, apprehensive but looking forward to stopping the endless milk.

SJ xx
What date is your op hun? It says 25th may? Thought mine was before yours have they moved it? So excited for you xx

Wow! only 2 + weeks behind me....... I got my pre-op appointment through shortly before the post-op letter and the appointment is next Wednesday - 6 days before surgery. So yours will be coming through soon. Are you getting set for plenty of cow juice. Honestly, buying a Frisian cow would have been cheaper I think. My boys still drink lots of milk (doused in Nesquik) so as a family we are currently ordering 52 pints of milk per week. Mooooooowwwww! I now have only 12 days to go - yikes! its all getting very near and very real.
Did you watch the programme on BBC2 Obesity: How prejudice is the NHS? Worth catching it in i-player if you didn't. It was very interesting regarding the changes that occur in the gut following a bypass but also the rightful claim that obese patients have a double dose of prejudice. Less ops happening per year and we are being stopped having other surgery - mainly orthopedic ops unless I have a BMI below 30. I need an op on my heel and have been told that my BMI must be below 30 before they will book me for a pre-op review appointment. If I wasn't having the bypass I would be on the waiting list for a long time.

Family roast meal tomorrow and an Easter Party on Sunday. I am cooking the roast but I may bail from the party as I can't eat or drink and most people in the wider family don't know about the impending surgery date so I don't want to have to explain to them.

SJ xx
Wow that's a hell of a lot of milk yes just buy a cow keep input in the garden it will be fine lol.
I thought your surgery was on 25th may? I thought I was having mine before you lol so not long wahooooo so happy its sooner rather than later.
Iv got my pre op appointment on the 3 rd of may and have my 6week check appointments in June. Can't wait although ii do need to get back into eating healthy. My neighbour had a sleeve he is a big man, I spoke to him last night he can eat rice and was having a bottle of cider for his weekend treat. He just had his 6 month review he has lost 5st 12lbs not bad hey! He said he still had the odd takeaway just loads less of it he struggles with bread things that's all he drinks pop and eats pizza (which shocked me) but he said just remember to drink plenty of water.
No I'm afraid ii was poorly yesterday and day before I feel like iv got a temp and my body is killing me all over but I have no cold. My asthma is so bad I can't eat coz it will just come back up. (Sorry tmi)
If I was you I wouldn't go to a party either its a lot of pressure oo try an be good n having ppl asking why you won't have one drink then loads of questions follow.
I was asked to go to Thorpe park on the 5th of may I said no way one because I can't fit on the rides and two because I'll only be a few days in on the milk diet and temptation will just hinder me I don't have good control so I mustn't go.

As for being under 30 bmi its getting crazy now I want to have IVF and need to reduce my bmi to 30-31 I will get there but not for a long time but at least we get time to save.
I am going to to watch that bbc2 program now wile my gf sleeps after a heavy night of drinking haha looks like we will be in most of the day.

Have a Fab weekend and happy easter to you and your family xxx

I didn't think about the op until I was there and I didn't think anything would happen either they do this day in day out. Ya I'm on solids have been for 4 weeks now. Such a bad day today I've thrown up everything and pop feel aweful. They will give you liquid baby vitamins yak yak yak couldn't take them tasted vile. After 4 weeks you have to crush them yourself. Protein never took protein shake and still don't now naughty I no but do try and eat turkey mince and pork mince as much as possible with meals as that's a good source but other then that I don't pay much attention to mr sleeve now I eat only what I can tolerate but continue my life as normal as possible. I am suffering with hair loss but my hair is soooooo thick it's not a big deal to me. I do have the odd pack of quavers special k for breakfast and something like half a wrap or a very small portion of cottage pie and that's all I eat really. I can't eat Sunday dinners at all don't know why but as soon as I have a spoonful I'm in the toilet being sick don't understand that myself. Things I can't eat are chicken any form,ice cream, cooked dinners, curry, pasta, rice, white bread, beans, eggs, prawns,soup especially tinned soup I think that's it really. I ate some Chinese noodles yesterday was well proud only managed a bit but it tasted good my favourite at the minute is 1 slice of vegetarian pizza yummy and mr sleeve copes well with it to.. you will be absolutely fine so excited for you xx
Wow that's so much you can't Eat!! Have you tried corned beef apparently thats a good knew to have? Or yoghurt?
I love rice if I can't eat that in will be upset but everything else I don't mind. I hope I can eat vegetables.
Thanks hun I can't wait to start my journey for real. Xx happy easter to you and your family xx

Hair loss is from lack of protein - there are different ways to add protein into your diet through food. I melt low fat cheese onto meat all the time. I also weigh my food to stop me throwing up. The most I can tolerate is 3.5oz of food and I'm nearly a year out. I do honestly think if you're on this journey you do need to think about what you put into your body. You may be losing the weight but you also need to be healthy too. Please don't overlook that.

Hi all How are you all doing? Xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
I am in the last few days of the milk diet now. I had my pre-op assessment yesterday which consisted of a group talk. Nurse said it was an opportunity to meet others having surgery on the same day - but the other 3 were all having surgery on 2nd May rather than 26th April. She said about staying overnight before the op in the Travel Lodge over the raod so we didn't have to get up early. As hubby is driving me in I could sleep in the car plus obviously will be having a sleep later in the day so not worried about missed beauty sleep. I got a more detailed info sheet about post op food phases, what to expect on the day and after. I had routine obs taken - weight (hit the weight loss target on home scales but clinic ones weighed me 1 kg heavier which was disappointing) , pulse, oxygen levels, BP. Bloods taken. ECG done. MRSA swabs taken. Measured for compression stockings and picked up the pre-op meds. Filled out another health questionnaire form and then went home. The clinic was really quite busy as was every department I visited so it was worth taking the kindle along for the long waits.
I am packed (never a scout but always prepared!), lists have been done to remind hubby and boys about things to do whilst I am away 1 - 2 nights. I have booked to cinema visits to fill up Sat pm and Monday pm to keep busy and also seeing friends over the weekend.
Did you manage Easter without choccy? My youngest bought me an lovely egg - then remembered I can't eat food, let alone chocolate - so he sat down after dinner and opened up the egg and proceeded to eat it. Don't you just love kids!!!!
SJ xx

Good luck for next week Suffolk Joy.

I'm now just over 3 months post surgery and I had a few complications which meant I ended up with open surgery. The wound hasn't yet fully healed which is frustrating because I can't go swimming but everyone says it will heal, it will just take time.

On the plus side I'm driving again, I haven't found anything I can't eat, and I've lost almost 5 stones without feeling hungry!

Good luck for next week Suffolk Joy.

I'm now just over 3 months post surgery and I had a few complications which meant I ended up with open surgery. The wound hasn't yet fully healed which is frustrating because I can't go swimming but everyone says it will heal, it will just take time.

On the plus side I'm driving again, I haven't found anything I can't eat, and I've lost almost 5 stones without feeling hungry!

OMG! You poor thing having to go through open surgery. Obviously healing has taken a while. I am hoping it all goes okay later today - I have a holiday in 4 weeks time that was booked over a year ago with hubby and other friends so I am hoping I will be able to go. If not - I will be checking the travel insurance.
Your weight loss is amazing - well done and you are back behind the whee l as well.
Keep us up to date.
SJ xx

Hi Sweetcheeks
I am in the last few days of the milk diet now. I had my pre-op assessment yesterday which consisted of a group talk. Nurse said it was an opportunity to meet others having surgery on the same day - but the other 3 were all having surgery on 2nd May rather than 26th April. She said about staying overnight before the op in the Travel Lodge over the raod so we didn't have to get up early. As hubby is driving me in I could sleep in the car plus obviously will be having a sleep later in the day so not worried about missed beauty sleep. I got a more detailed info sheet about post op food phases, what to expect on the day and after. I had routine obs taken - weight (hit the weight loss target on home scales but clinic ones weighed me 1 kg heavier which was disappointing) , pulse, oxygen levels, BP. Bloods taken. ECG done. MRSA swabs taken. Measured for compression stockings and picked up the pre-op meds. Filled out another health questionnaire form and then went home. The clinic was really quite busy as was every department I visited so it was worth taking the kindle along for the long waits.
I am packed (never a scout but always prepared!), lists have been done to remind hubby and boys about things to do whilst I am away 1 - 2 nights. I have booked to cinema visits to fill up Sat pm and Monday pm to keep busy and also seeing friends over the weekend.
Did you manage Easter without choccy? My youngest bought me an lovely egg - then remembered I can't eat food, let alone chocolate - so he sat down after dinner and opened up the egg and proceeded to eat it. Don't you just love kids!!!!
SJ xx
Omg I feel awful for missing wishing you luck I'm so sorry!! I really hope your OK and all went well.
I hope you can let me know how you are feeling and hoping your being treated well.
I have my pre op on the 3rd I'm so scared coz iv gained weight!! 9lbs!!!!! I could cry!
I haven't been well and not been eating but been on 3 lots of antibiotics had an abscess in my front top teeth the dentist told me to maybe put off surgery till its gone I told him where to go!
I'm not in pain and didn't know I had it till had routine check with them. So I wouldn't of known if hadn't gone so why should I ruin things now. All 3 antibiotics should have killed anything bad anyways, now he is agreeing to wait to do my teeth till after my op as I'm not delaying the start of my new life for no one.
I didn't have an easter egg I told my partner to get me a CD instead. Then my friend came last night with a huge Thorntons bunny and an egg for us lol

How frustrating with there scales when you worked so hard but not to worry I'm sure your all done and on your way to recovery now.
Really so sorry I missed your date I really am wishing you all the best. Sending massive healing your way xxxx

Hi all so milk diet starts Monday iv gained weight and have pre op on Wednesday so nervous that they mite cancel my op coz iv gained 9lbs :-(
Have any of you gained before you went for your pre op? He told me to maintain if I can. I jus hope 3days of milk diet will help and I'm going out for a roast with my entire family tomorrow for a last supper kinda thing so I will just have veg and meat. So worried the will not let me have the op coz of my gain. HELP!!! :'-(

Back