• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

JennaMeri's Sleeve Journey

O-K... so we came back from visiting my family, I went to work for ONE day (3rd of September) and then proceeded to have a mental breakdown and today is my first day back to work since then. I couldn't do anything but cry, for HOURS on end... no stopping it. All I could think was that I'm going to give birth, looking at Bubble and just say, 'No, I don't want it.' It completely consumed me. I was having horrid nightmares as well... but it was the crying that I really found hard to handle. Once it started for the day, that was it. I think the work environment that I'm in just wasn't helping my anxieties/stress and I just cracked. I'm still not excited about being pregnant (or becoming a parent), but the thought doesn't upset me (at least today it hasn't). For now I'm just concentrating on getting through this first work day back. So far so good! Hope everyone else is well! :)

Aww Jen, I'm just sorry you didn't feel you could talk to us while all of this was going on, it must have been a lonely time. I do hope hubby was supportive, I'm sure he was. I also hope that work have put in the necessary steps to support you in the rest of your pregnancy :)

We are always here :) xxx

Feeling very tired now. Trying to keep my head up with my countdown, it's ALMOST over. 28 weeks tomorrow which means 9-12 weeks left! HOPING for 12 as I'm still completely against her sharing Christmas, but anywhere between 9 and 12, so at least she'd be classified as 'full-term.' Lots of activity though... so she's either more active, or she's now big enough that I can feel more of her activity. Based on her scans, I'd say it's more that she's now big enough, 'cause she's been breakdancing in there since day one. Hope every one else is well.

Feeling very tired now. Trying to keep my head up with my countdown, it's ALMOST over. 28 weeks tomorrow which means 9-12 weeks left! HOPING for 12 as I'm still completely against her sharing Christmas, but anywhere between 9 and 12, so at least she'd be classified as 'full-term.' Lots of activity though... so she's either more active, or she's now big enough that I can feel more of her activity. Based on her scans, I'd say it's more that she's now big enough, 'cause she's been breakdancing in there since day one. Hope every one else is well.

Glad everything is going well hunny!

Hope you're feeling a bit better xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Aww a little breakdancer, how cute!! But sucks a bit if it's keeping you up. Try and sleep whenever you can, give your body time to rest. 9-12 weeks will fly by, then your opportunities to sleep MIGHT drop a little hehe xxx

They might indeed! The biggest problem I'm having now is bladder. She must be right on it cause it's painful when I have to get up at night... not actually peeing... but the process of going from laying flat to sitting up to standing and then walking is painful cause it's full and she's bouncing on it. lol That and I feel stuffed ALL the time. As of this morning I've gained 18lbs from my lowest. Most of that in the last few weeks. Not mentally/psychologically enjoying that, but I know it'll happen... I just feel the same now as I did before surgery which is a mental blow for me. :(

Just think in a few weeks you'll have a beautiful baby and that weight will disappear you'll be back to your skinny mini self in no time x

Yeah I agree with dreamer, once little one has arrive I think you will get back to normal and the weight will fall off. You out of anyone I know has the motivation to succeed...you'll probably have the baby in a push chair, running round your local park in no time!!! X

So interesting conversation I had with my mother last night. Apparently she was in hospital a few weeks ago due to internal bleeding (it's been a regular occurrence this year, so wasn't too shocked) and they know it's in her abdomen, they just haven't yet been able to figure out WHERE. So they did a mini exploration of her abdomen (as in cut her open to do it). Now, 20 years ago she had her stomach stapled to the size of an egg (apparently then they left the remainder of the stomach inside, and once the staples healed they end up being two separate organs, one active: her new pouch and one inactive: the rest of her old stomach) and two years ago she went for a check up to see how much it had grown and it was only the size of an orange, so not bad! Anyways, while they were internally exploring her, they found her pouch and low and behold they then ran into an entirely NEW vessel that had reattached her pouch to the rest of her old stomach!! The doc had NEVER seen it before. And this is why in the last year-ish she's been having lots of internal bleeding AND why she's been regaining weight that she then can't lose! She's now been referred back to the bariatric team to see if they can 'fix' it before she's back up to 450 lbs again! Only my mother. lol Anyway, I thought that was interesting... not that it could happen to me since they took out the rest of mine. :) Hope every one else is well! 29 weeks as of yesterday! Only 11-ish more to go! :)

Crikey Jenna, how weird is that. I can remember back in the 80's hearing about 'Stomach stapling' and wondering how far away it was from the modern bypass and sleeve ops. Think we need to be thankfully for the developments in surgery!

Hope they find the answer for your mum.

I've never heard of that happening before. How extraordinary xx

None of the surgeons there had either! Especially after such a long time post-op!

OK! Finally got on it and updated my losses/gains. I'm still at a loss of 66.2 lbs overall! Not too shabby for being 8 months pregnant (almost). And since getting pregnant I've not gained more in a week than 3.2 lbs... and that was once, the rest have been under 3 lbs/week, typically 2.4-2.8 lbs. I'm okay with this, as I AM growing a human. I may feel like I did pre-op, but there's no way that I look it. After all I can still weigh at 8 months preggers what I used to call my 'skinny jeans' pre-op... and they fall off me. No gain this week, though I think that has to do with me not feeling so great so I haven't been eating as well as I was. Nibbles really, since apparently breathing is part of eating and I can't really do that very well at the moment. Who would have thought your head could contain so much mucus! It's gotten into my lungs now, so I've developed a chesty cough as well. A horrid down-side to being pregnant is not being able to take anything. I'm not achy or feverish, so paracetamol won't help me (not that it typically does anyhow), and since that's all I'm allowed, it's been tea with honey (though that's not doing anything either as my throat isn't sore at all). Lots of nose blowing (have a new nickname given to me by Hubby... I'm the Snot Rag Queen) and general miserable-ness. Miss has been quite active so that's not helping with the comfort factor, apparently she doesn't like it when I cough, s'pose it jiggles her around quite a bit. lol Well, that's about all there is to report at the minute. Hope every one else is well! :)

Poor you!!! Sounds horrid, hope it picks up soon!!! I can imagine for the baby it would be a bit of a disturbance to have a coughing fit lol. She'll have to deal with it won't she haha? I wouldn't give losses or gains a second thought. I cannot wait for the baby pics! I feel like a nervous, excited aunty lol x

Feel better soon

Still being 'snotty' which has now caused a chesty cough... and I've had this cough before, it won't be going away without some serious intervention. It always lasts three months before the doc will agree to put me on prednisolone, which gets rid of it in 3 days. :( I know you shouldn't be on steroids very often, but it also isn't good for your lungs to constantly be trying to turn them inside out with coughing. I would really dislike still having this cough during labour... as if things aren't going to be fun enough during that time. Of course being pregnant means it's seriously unlikely that they'd let me take prednisolone anyways... so I don't even know if I should go to the doc as there's not a whole lot he'll tell me other than to do menthol and steam inhalation. But I KNOW this cough and that's not going to help (and hasn't been) for this. Used to get it every year at Uni because of the mould. *sigh* Oh well. I'll go asap so at least when I go back again next month they'll have documentation that I had it now too.
Hope every one else is well.

Back