• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2015 Surgeries

Only lost 15 pounds (sad face)
since surgery but it takes my total to 58 pounds loss. So im gonna plod on. Another 78 pound takes me back to the green. On the plus side start new job in 3 weeks,after been unemployed for two years. Hubby just bought me a new car. So i suppose its not all bad. Plus people are finally noticing my weightloss. Nice to see everyone is doing well so far. Keep it up peeps this time next year we will be healthy. X

Congrats on the new job! When did you have your op? I can't even imagine how I will look in 1 years time......a girl can dream, but as for reality? I really don't know! Hopefully a lot happier, healthier & more confident!

Tomorrow is the day for me! Trying to get some sleep because I have to be at the hospital at 6.30am but nope, nothing happening when I rest my head on the pillow!

I haven't felt any nerves in the lead up so far, but now it's almost like an agonising anticipation for it to just happen and be over with!

See you all on the other side! X

Oooh good luck TJ! I felt exactly the same as you.....just excited all the way through my journey, but nerves kicked in the day of the op. I will never forget as I was being prepped for anaesthetic, the lovely nurse said 'this is the first day of your new life' & that meant so much! Good luck, it'll be over before you know it.....let us know how it goes :)

Tomorrow is the day for me! Trying to get some sleep because I have to be at the hospital at 6.30am but nope, nothing happening when I rest my head on the pillow!

I haven't felt any nerves in the lead up so far, but now it's almost like an agonising anticipation for it to just happen and be over with!

See you all on the other side! X

Good luck

Tomorrow is the day for me! Trying to get some sleep because I have to be at the hospital at 6.30am but nope, nothing happening when I rest my head on the pillow! I haven't felt any nerves in the lead up so far, but now it's almost like an agonising anticipation for it to just happen and be over with! See you all on the other side! X

All the very best of luck Hun :)

You will do great!'

We are waiting for you on the losers bench.

Take care and speak soon xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi folkes,

I had my surgery on the 21st July RNY bypass and I have been so lucky so far hardly any pain at beginning and no pain relief at all now one week on Because I feel so good I am having to remind myself not to do things. I'm on 2nd week post-op diet and managing fine.

I have lost 6lb's in a week and since I started in Nov I'm 5lb away from losing 3stone but, to be honest I did eat everything I liked at Christmas taking it as it would be my last proper dinner and goodies and refused to weigh until I got a few pound off lol

I hope it carries on this way if only I had done this years ago!! Since op I have noticed clothes are not as tight and body shape changing I know it sounds daft after only a week but mine has.

I have been reading all your posts good luck to all that are having their surgeries and hope yours goes as smoothly as mine! But, most of us Julyies seem to be doing well and is brilliant to hear WELL DONE TO ALL! We are all on the losers bench yay!! X

Hi Janet, sounds like you are doing really well. Just be careful & take it easy - I've felt so well that I've done more than I should in terms of both bending down & general walking & as a result my wounds haven't knitted together properly & also Ive had some severe pain. So be careful! And I shall try to practice what I preach, lol.

Welcome to all. I must do a tally and find out how many there are of us. July losers bench is now full :)

Well done TJ. I suffered terribly from gas pain for the first 2 days, it was worse than any surgical pain! Hope it clears soon.....get walking to shift it. Wow yes, that's the July bench closed - well done everyone, lets keep this group active & go through this together :)

Glad you're all doing well. I'm struggling with the purée food. Sticking to soup, juices and yoghurt. Lost 10kg since op on 18/7. 20kg since milk diet. Miss a glass or two of wine on a Friday night though x

I struggled after op with trapped wind too. Peppermint tea helped, didn't like taste but it did the trick!!! X

48 hours out now, walking and peppermint tea is helping the trapped gas. My nurse also said I could take chewable Windeze which is helpful!

I hope I'm drinking/eating enough. Trying to constantly be sipping on something -- whether it's tea, water, soup etc.

48 hours out now, walking and peppermint tea is helping the trapped gas. My nurse also said I could take chewable Windeze which is helpful!

I hope I'm drinking/eating enough. Trying to constantly be sipping on something -- whether it's tea, water, soup etc.

Hope you feel better soon. That first week is not much fun - keep sipping, rest up and don't worry about how much your eating it will all come good

Thank you. Yep, just gonna go with the flow and not think too much about it. :)
That's the best attitude. It does get better every day and now 4 weeks out I can eat most anything in moderation. Just take it slow and try things a little at a time. Struggling with alcohol but that's not necessarily s bad thing. Most pain gone, stitching is healing well and almost all soreness gone. Weight loss slowing down now but still 24 pounds in a month.
Cocodemel for my trapped nerve is causing me constipation, so my weight loss comes in waves (tmi?).

That's the best attitude. It does get better every day and now 4 weeks out I can eat most anything in moderation. Just take it slow and try things a little at a time. Struggling with alcohol but that's not necessarily s bad thing. Most pain gone, stitching is healing well and almost all soreness gone. Weight loss slowing down now but still 24 pounds in a month. Cocodemel for my trapped nerve is causing me constipation, so my weight loss comes in waves (tmi?).

Nick, my GP gave me Laxido to counteract the CoCodamol. Might be worth thinking about.

Back