• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2015 Surgeries

That's the best attitude. It does get better every day and now 4 weeks out I can eat most anything in moderation. Just take it slow and try things a little at a time. Struggling with alcohol but that's not necessarily s bad thing. Most pain gone, stitching is healing well and almost all soreness gone. Weight loss slowing down now but still 24 pounds in a month.
Cocodemel for my trapped nerve is causing me constipation, so my weight loss comes in waves (tmi?).

Thanks! Glad it's going well for you for the most part.

I was given Lactulose on discharge from hosp to help the toilet situation. Did your doctor give you something like that?

Thanks TJ & Chrissy

I'm reducing the Cocodemel a lot now so I will probably just live with it as it doesnt bother me too much. If it becomes an ongoing issue then I'll certainly look at those two options

Thanks

Nick

P.S. Off to Malta this week so looking forward to sun, sea and lots of healthy food (all in moderation of course :D)

How's everyone doing?

Doing ok here! Struggling to find things to eat, puréed food starting to make me gag. Never liked the consistency before op, like it even less now. Had some really sloppy scrambled egg today which went down ok.

How's everyone doing?

I'm doing great thanks. Am now eating soft/mashable foods & am definitely feeling a lot more satisfied. It's crazy how little I can eat before feeling full! It's good because it shows to me how well my sleeve is working & i can never overeat again - but sometimes it's annoying cause I'm really enjoying my dinner but after a few mouthfuls I am forced to stop! But that's what I need to lose this weight. I only lost 1lb last week - the dreaded week 4 stall I guess, but also it was my period week & i usually gain during that week so I guess I should be happy to lose a pound!

I too am finding it hard. Start puree today and tbh, would rather not.. yuk! I only lost 2lb this week, so finding it a bit hard to be motivated. I guess maybe my slow down has happened :( hard to keep motivated when you only lose 2lbs

I think it is hard when you are a slow loser cause we read alot about people who have lost huge amount of weight in a short time. How many calories are you allowed excitedbutnervous? I have been told 600-800, but I'm in a few American groups & they have around 1000-1200 & have lost tonnes of weight! They think 800 is too low & your body will go into starvation mode.

I haven't been told about calories at all. Just 100g 5-6 times a day now I am on puree food. Guess I shall see what each week brings

I've been told to eat protein first and not calorie count. Still finding it hard though xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I've been told to eat protein first and not calorie count. Still finding it hard though xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I only count calories as it is logged into MyFitnessPal. Tbh I am just trying to eat regularly but my mind says only to eat 3-4 times a day not the 5-6 as advised. I am getting between 45 and 55 grams of protein but I am scared to eat anymore cause of the Kcals and also because I think I could eat a lot more :(. Worried I may have stretched my sleeve which I know sounds daft, but I am scared ....

I am still on liquids and so bored of protein shakes & soups. :( I'm finding sweet stuff to be really nauseating at the moment so not enjoying having to drink the protein shakes.

Really can't wait to move onto pureed/mushy type stuff - I'm really looking forward to some refried beans with sour cream, and pureed chicken & sweet potato mash.

I only count calories as it is logged into MyFitnessPal. Tbh I am just trying to eat regularly but my mind says only to eat 3-4 times a day not the 5-6 as advised. I am getting between 45 and 55 grams of protein but I am scared to eat anymore cause of the Kcals and also because I think I could eat a lot more :(. Worried I may have stretched my sleeve which I know sounds daft, but I am scared ....

Don't worry Hun - I don't think you've stretched your sleeve for one minute hun. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yh after speaking to nutritionist I am happier that I am normal just getting better very quickly lol

Just dropping in to say hi. Hope you are all losing more than me. My weightloss is at snails pace. Lost 44 before surgery six weeks ago and 26 since. On the positive side another 5 pounds and i would have lost half of what i want to lose. Keep smiling

Just dropping in to say hi. Hope you are all losing more than me. My weightloss is at snails pace. Lost 44 before surgery six weeks ago and 26 since. On the positive side another 5 pounds and i would have lost half of what i want to lose. Keep smiling

I've lost 28 pounds since 3rd July so your progress looks about right to me. Or am I losing slow too?

I've lost 28 pounds since 3rd July so your progress looks about right to me. Or am I losing slow too?

28 since 10 June. Neither of you seem slow to me :).

I don't think we are doing too bad, I have lost 23 since the 14th and gone down 2 dress sizes, I am quite pleased with my progress. It's a long journey but it will be worth it, every pound lost is a pound less to loose. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys especially sheffieldamanda for the photo. I feel alot better now thought i wasn't losing enough but i pound is a pound. Just need to keep pushing till i lose the next 79 pounds. Must remember its a marathon not a sprint

Back