• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2017 Surgeries

Can I ask how everyone is getting on with the LSD? I don't do dairy so am doing it by calorie counting, with high protein and low carbs/fat. But it is a real struggle. I'm not allergic to dairy, I just don't like it but I wonder if I might be better off switching to a milk diet.

Can I ask how everyone is getting on with the LSD? I don't do dairy so am doing it by calorie counting, with high protein and low carbs/fat. But it is a real struggle. I'm not allergic to dairy, I just don't like it but I wonder if I might be better off switching to a milk diet.

What have you been eating on the calorie counting Hun?
I'm doing the milk diet with 1 x small meal so I have 2 x pints of milk and 1 x meal in the evening which is 75g of chicken with salad or steamed broccooi.
The first 2 days were hard but it's easy to follow - I know exactly what I'm having everyday and I've lost 5lb in 2 days. Xx

You've gotten off to a great start! 5 lbs in 2 days is really impressive.

My plan is NAS squash and almonds or eggs for breakfast, then protein (chicken) and salad for lunch and dinner, along with gallons of water But the sad fact is I've binged every day so far. I really hate milk, yoghurt etc but I think I may have to try it. I need to get a grip and get on with it - I CANNOT self-sabotage this opportunity.

You've gotten off to a great start! 5 lbs in 2 days is really impressive.

My plan is NAS squash and almonds or eggs for breakfast, then protein (chicken) and salad for lunch and dinner, along with gallons of water But the sad fact is I've binged every day so far. I really hate milk, yoghurt etc but I think I may have to try it. I need to get a grip and get on with it - I CANNOT self-sabotage this opportunity.

It is really difficult. Try not to beat yourself up and remember that each day is a fresh start. You have been given a great opportunity and I'm sure you will get there :)

Obviously the main aim is to reduce the size of your liver to make surgery safer and to prevent the need of being cut open. I have heard of people having to be cut fully because the liver was too large to move or the surgery being cancelled because the surgeon hasn't been happy to move the liver safely and perform the op so if you just think that it's a case of, I must do this and you can do this! :)

First few days are the hardest, I'm starving but I know nothing will taste as good as being slim and healthy feels. Xxx

It is really difficult. Try not to beat yourself up and remember that each day is a fresh start. You have been given a great opportunity and I'm sure you will get there :)

Obviously the main aim is to reduce the size of your liver to make surgery safer and to prevent the need of being cut open. I have heard of people having to be cut fully because the liver was too large to move or the surgery being cancelled because the surgeon hasn't been happy to move the liver safely and perform the op so if you just think that it's a case of, I must do this and you can do this! :)

First few days are the hardest, I'm starving but I know nothing will taste as good as being slim and healthy feels. Xxx
Good luck to you all. My date is 19 September so I am very keen to see how you all get on xx

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new here and would love to meet some people having surgery around the same time as me (so we can freak out together!) and give each other support.

All being well, I'm looking to have surgery on 28th July! (Private in Belgium)

So anyone else having surgery around this time please let me know! Or even if you aren't around that time but fancy having a chat anyway

Hi There, Having surgery 3rd July, so pretty close now. On Milk diet for 7 days, finding it hard, and so tired and Headaches are a problem, hoping it settles down.. Already fed up with Milk and Jelly, no option for Yogurt sadly.

Hi I was told my date today which is 12 th July I'm sooooo nervous but not of the surgery as I've had a couple of major ops lol but of just not getting it right after I'm starting shakes tomorrow so I'll be on them for 2 weeks , I've been lurking in the back ground for a few months now reading people's posts just picking up bits of info and would love to talk to somebody having it done round the same time as me I'm having VSG too at spire in Solihull OMG 2 weeks tomorrow ..........

Hi I was told my date today which is 12 th July I'm sooooo nervous but not of the surgery as I've had a couple of major ops lol but of just not getting it right after I'm starting shakes tomorrow so I'll be on them for 2 weeks , I've been lurking in the back ground for a few months now reading people's posts just picking up bits of info and would love to talk to somebody having it done round the same time as me I'm having VSG too at spire in Solihull OMG 2 weeks tomorrow ..........

Jojo I am in on the same day at the same hospital. My journey starts the day before as I am travelling from Essex. I'm in for my pre op on the 11th July and then my op is in the afternoon on the 12th.

Please don't worry about getting it right, just follow the instructions you have been given and you should be fine. I have prepared mentally and I just keep going over the information sent. don't forget your support system use them thats why they are there.

Good luck on your brand new journey a new you a new life - I hope to meet up with you there.. xx

Hi There, Having surgery 3rd July, so pretty close now. On Milk diet for 7 days, finding it hard, and so tired and Headaches are a problem, hoping it settles down.. Already fed up with Milk and Jelly, no option for Yogurt sadly.

Hang in there not long now. All the symtoms you are having is your body detoxing and getting rid of the rubbish you have been consuming over the years. Try to keep occupied, think of the new you and how much better you will feel in the long run. This is probably the hardest bit of your journey. It's torture I know. I have to be on it for 4 weeks. Keep going the end is in site. You can do this!!.. You are stronger than you think!!! xx

Your having surgery on the same day as me!! It'll be great to share in your progress.
Milk diet for the first few days was tough, I was starving all the time but I'm now 8 days in and I'm no longer hungry. I honestly have to force the milk down and I'm 11lbs down in those 8 days. Xx

Your date is very close to mine, mine is the 3rd July so I'd be happy to share my progress with you. I'm very nervous also and I can't believe it's all finally happening. All my friends and family are so supportive and keep saying they can't wait to see me slim and happy but I just can't imagine it as I've been big my whole life. I think it'll all start to feel real once the ops all done with. Xx

Omg that's like sooo close dont know about you but it's definitely a mix of nerves and excitement for sure seems so surreal at the minute and I'm so glad I'm finding people to talk to , my family and friends are all behind me and supportive but still I still felt a little on my own going through this until now to actually here of people going through the same it's really helped settle a few of those pre op nerves

Jojo I am in on the same day at the same hospital. My journey starts the day before as I am travelling from Essex. I'm in for my pre op on the 11th July and then my op is in the afternoon on the 12th.

Please don't worry about getting it right, just follow the instructions you have been given and you should be fine. I have prepared mentally and I just keep going over the information sent. don't forget your support system use them thats why they are there.

Good luck on your brand new journey a new you a new life - I hope to meet up with you there.. xx
Hi Paula who's your surgeon ? dr nijjar is doing mine in the morning yours is afternoon so could be passing by on trollies lol not had my pre op date yet but expecting it anytime now ! It's all happened really quick tbh I had my first consultation on 8th may with dr nijjar then saw dietitian on 17th June and had the call yesterday with my surgery date started shakes today I'm fully prepared for headaches and all other things that follow as I done Cambridge few years ago so know what to expect lol I'm stocked up on dulcoease not sure what's best after surgery though hope to see you there anyway x

Your having surgery on the same day as me!! It'll be great to share in your progress.
Milk diet for the first few days was tough, I was starving all the time but I'm now 8 days in and I'm no longer hungry. I honestly have to force the milk down and I'm 11lbs down in those 8 days. Xx
Wow 11lbs thats amazing, only on Milk for a week, I know some 2 weeks some more. I bet your getting nervous, I know I am :)

What have you been eating on the calorie counting Hun?
I'm doing the milk diet with 1 x small meal so I have 2 x pints of milk and 1 x meal in the evening which is 75g of chicken with salad or steamed broccooi.
The first 2 days were hard but it's easy to follow - I know exactly what I'm having everyday and I've lost 5lb in 2 days. Xx
I so wish I could have food, I swear by last day I will start eating the sofa!

Hang in there not long now. All the symtoms you are having is your body detoxing and getting rid of the rubbish you have been consuming over the years. Try to keep occupied, think of the new you and how much better you will feel in the long run. This is probably the hardest bit of your journey. It's torture I know. I have to be on it for 4 weeks. Keep going the end is in site. You can do this!!.. You are stronger than you think!!! xx
Paula your a real sweetie, thats very helpful and kind, thanks for those words to lift me up, feeling more positive each day, but so blinkin tired, could sleep for Britain lol x

Your date is very close to mine, mine is the 3rd July so I'd be happy to share my progress with you. I'm very nervous also and I can't believe it's all finally happening. All my friends and family are so supportive and keep saying they can't wait to see me slim and happy but I just can't imagine it as I've been big my whole life. I think it'll all start to feel real once the ops all done with. Xx

Not long now!!! Eeekkk getting close for you!!!

Less than 3 weeks till my op lol...

Ps...i did fit in airoplane seat btw lol, it was a new plane and seems like they have given people more room which is good :)

Xx

Not long now!!! Eeekkk getting close for you!!!

Less than 3 weeks till my op lol...

Ps...i did fit in airoplane seat btw lol, it was a new plane and seems like they have given people more room which is good :)

Xx

Very very close lol I am so nervous! I'm trying to push it to the back of my mind but it's all I can seem to think about and talk about! It's a good job I work full time to keep me distracted.

Aww I'm so glad you had a positive experience! ☺️ Hope you had a fab holiday! Not long for you now either, soon be on your pre op diet xx

Very very close lol I am so nervous! I'm trying to push it to the back of my mind but it's all I can seem to think about and talk about! It's a good job I work full time to keep me distracted.

Aww I'm so glad you had a positive experience! ☺️ Hope you had a fab holiday! Not long for you now either, soon be on your pre op diet xx

I bet hun, I am going to be buzzing when I have less than a week to go lol.

Thanks, yes still away - fly back on the 4th.

I cannot wait to hear from you after the op xxxx

Have you told people at work? Xx

Back