• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2017 Surgeries

Laaux

I bet hun, I am going to be buzzing when I have less than a week to go lol.

Thanks, yes still away - fly back on the 4th.

I cannot wait to hear from you after the op xxxx

Have you told people at work? Xx

Lol I wish I was buzzing!! Although I've lost 12lbs and it's not been 2 weeks until Monday so I am buzzing about that.

I will update you as soon as I can in the hospital :) I go on Sunday at 2pm and I think my surgery is first thing Monday.

A few of my close girls at work know what I'm having done and they are super super supportive! I'm not a secret sleever but it will only be my family and very close friends that'll know the ins and outs. What about you? Xxx

x.Nicky.x

Lol I wish I was buzzing!! Although I've lost 12lbs and it's not been 2 weeks until Monday so I am buzzing about that.

I will update you as soon as I can in the hospital :) I go on Sunday at 2pm and I think my surgery is first thing Monday.

A few of my close girls at work know what I'm having done and they are super super supportive! I'm not a secret sleever but it will only be my family and very close friends that'll know the ins and outs. What about you? Xxx

Omg that weight loss is amazing :) thats just the start of things to come xx

Keep us updated hun, that good u go in day before and get settled -hopefully you will meet people who have just had their op or are going in at same time as you :)

Thats good that u have the support network - i havent kept it to myself at all, its nothing to be ashamed off but then i am an open person ..however now i am slightly regretting it just encase i fail lol xxx

Laaux

Omg that weight loss is amazing :) thats just the start of things to come xx

Keep us updated hun, that good u go in day before and get settled -hopefully you will meet people who have just had their op or are going in at same time as you :)

Thats good that u have the support network - i havent kept it to myself at all, its nothing to be ashamed off but then i am an open person ..however now i am slightly regretting it just encase i fail lol xxx

Thank you It is indeed. Another day 1lb lost this morning so that's 13lbs in less than 2 weeks, hoping I'll be over a stone lighter by the time I go in Sunday afternoon. I'm bloody dreading it!

I hope so! I always find it lovely talking to people that have had a positive experience and tell me what to expect. I'm just so concerned in case I'm one of the unlucky ones that has complications.

Your not going to fail, at all!! You'll be fabulous. This time next year we'll both be slim & healthy you just watch! Xxx

Maria61

Thank you It is indeed. Another day 1lb lost this morning so that's 13lbs in less than 2 weeks, hoping I'll be over a stone lighter by the time I go in Sunday afternoon. I'm bloody dreading it!

I hope so! I always find it lovely talking to people that have had a positive experience and tell me what to expect. I'm just so concerned in case I'm one of the unlucky ones that has complications.

Your not going to fail, at all!! You'll be fabulous. This time next year we'll both be slim & healthy you just watch! Xxx
So excited for you all xx

x.Nicky.x

Amazing...eeekkk 3 more days hun!!!!

We are going to be slim and fabulous..canny wait xxx

x.Nicky.x

LJ hope everything went ok? Looking forward to hearing from you xx

Starting my pre op diet tomorrow, food funeral tonight as u put it lol xxxx

Barne

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've had so much going on and so much to sort out!

How are you all feeling? My surgery isn't until the end of the month so I still have a little while to wait. How long are you all doing your pre op diets for?

I haven't really been given a specific plan, just a guideline really to keep a low fat diet. I want to give myself the best chances of a successful op though so I'm tempted to go for the milk diet.

Would love to know how you're all finding it Xx

jojo22674

Hi I'm having my surgery next Wednesday 12th , I started my pre op diet last Wednesday started off on shakes but only for 2 days then switched to milk in morning milk for lunch and chicken salad for tea pretty much the same as LJ and getting on really well with it, 10lb down so far so that's a bonus . so 2 weeks pre op diet for me but depends on different hospitals good luck with your journey keep us posted the support on here is amazing and has really helped me I was super nervous at the beginning of the week but since my pre op I just want it done and over with now !

jojo22674

Hi Nicky. Are you back from your hols yet and started your pre op diet how are you feeling not long to go now , I do hope LJ is ok it's making me a little anxious lol I understand it's not the first thing you'll be doing is posting on here straight after surgery I do hope she is ok xx

x.Nicky.x

Hi Nicky. Are you back from your hols yet and started your pre op diet how are you feeling not long to go now , I do hope LJ is ok it's making me a little anxious lol I understand it's not the first thing you'll be doing is posting on here straight after surgery I do hope she is ok xx

I am back yes :) got back yesterday evening - started diet today and quit smoking. Giving up smoking so far is the hardest :(....

My mum has given up food for 2 weeks and doing a shake diet to support me and my boyfriend has given up smoking. This is really helping me but they are already stressy so not sure if i want them to do it..cant have 3 angry people around lol!!

Yes I am keen to hear from LJ, I am sure she is fine - just resting up xx

Barne - I am doing just 4 shakes a day (around 700 calories) for 2 weeks.

Jojo - wish mine was sooner rather tha later tbh - :( dreading the next two weeks lol

Xxxx

jojo22674

lol that's so good sounds like you have really good support around you and hats off to you for stopping smoking too and don't be too hard on your self just remember everyday is a well deserved pat on the back .
This week has flown by for me can't believe I'm a week away from surgery this time next week i should be sleeved if all goes well ,
keep me updated with your progress on the shakes AND your smoking good luck xx

x.Nicky.x

lol that's so good sounds like you have really good support around you and hats off to you for stopping smoking too and don't be too hard on your self just remember everyday is a well deserved pat on the back .
This week has flown by for me can't believe I'm a week away from surgery this time next week i should be sleeved if all goes well ,
keep me updated with your progress on the shakes AND your smoking good luck xx

Omg its crazy thinking that lol - who u taking to hospital with you? How long will u have to stay in for?

Yeh they have been good supporting me but I feel quilty lol - they are going through this with me lol xx

I really aint worried about the diet tbh as i know i have too lol plus not hungry atm - fags r HARD - spesh coz i am a heavy smoker lol xxx

Cannot wait to start losing weight lol... i put 8lbs on, on holiday :(.. so now 20st 1lb eekkk ...xxx least i know i will never be that again - xx

ItsmePaula

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I've had so much going on and so much to sort out!

How are you all feeling? My surgery isn't until the end of the month so I still have a little while to wait. How long are you all doing your pre op diets for?

I haven't really been given a specific plan, just a guideline really to keep a low fat diet. I want to give myself the best chances of a successful op though so I'm tempted to go for the milk diet.

Would love to know how you're all finding it Xx
Hey Barne and welcome back. It's good to see you. I am on a 4 week pre op LSD. I started with Milk for 15 days lost around 11lb. I then swapped over to low cal and lost another 6lbs.

I think your pre op diet length is based on your BMI. My BMI was 55 it is now 53 but because it is still high I would have to follow the LSD for 4 weeks. I'm in week three and struggling now as I am missing certain textures. Thank goodness I have support everywhere. The milk diet for me was ok until the weather got hot and then I started to feel queasy. I did the milk for ease and it worked. It's not something I would rush into . Think about your lifestyle and your options and what you think would suit you the best xx

ItsmePaula

Omg its crazy thinking that lol - who u taking to hospital with you? How long will u have to stay in for?

Yeh they have been good supporting me but I feel quilty lol - they are going through this with me lol xx

I really aint worried about the diet tbh as i know i have too lol plus not hungry atm - fags r HARD - spesh coz i am a heavy smoker lol xxx

Cannot wait to start losing weight lol... i put 8lbs on, on holiday :(.. so now 20st 1lb eekkk ...xxx least i know i will never be that again - xx

It's really good you are thinking that way Nicky. The next 2 weeks is not going to be easy, but it will go fast. I am the same day and hospital as jojo and it's weird to think that this time next week it will all be over. Another chapter begins. I am really excited. I am excited to start living again. Doing things I cant do now. Yeah excited.

You are amazing. You have made a tremendous choice to change your life and you are going above and beyond. Not only are you following a low cal plan, but giving up smoking too, that is a huge task on it's own without the diet. You are so lucky to have great people who are supporting you a good bonus for you.

Take each hour at a time, try not to plan to far ahead, this will maybe keep you focussed. Keep yourself as busy as you can and these 2 weeks will fly by..:hugs:

CarolynD

Hi There, Having surgery 3rd July, so pretty close now. On Milk diet for 7 days, finding it hard, and so tired and Headaches are a problem, hoping it settles down.. Already fed up with Milk and Jelly, no option for Yogurt sadly.
Hi I'm eager to know how you are doing as I had a gastric band surgery yesterday the 4th of July. I have had a terrible day today the 5th of July. Lots of wind and pain and vomiting. Hope you are better than this but would like to know if this is normal
CarolynD

Laaux

Hey @Nickynooo thank you for your well wishes. My op was on Monday, the operation itself went absolutely great with no complications. I however was not expecting to be in as much pain and to be as emotional as I have been. When I first came round after the op in recovery, I was dry heaving to be sick and the pain was unreal. I then fell back to sleep and I woke up in intensive care (hospital procedure, no complications). In intensive care I felt ok as I was doped up to high heaven on theatre drugs still and oxycodone. I thought oh wow I can do this. Then BAM! It was the next day, I was up out of bed for my swallow test etc and the contract is disgusting and gave me severe diarrhoea (sorry TMI). I was then wheeled to a normal ward and left to fend for myself and my god, I was in pain and I was crying constantly. Scared to cough in case I sprung a leak. I am home now and it's day 3 post op I guess, I think I'm being hard on myself but I'm just so anxious about everything and honestly I have a lot of regret, why did I do this to myself? :(

I'm barely managing to get enough water down, let alone soup etc. I know it's going to take time but I guess I just wasn't prepared for this.

This post is just me being completely honest and I know plenty of people have amazing experiences and roll out of bed feeling like nothing has happened after surgery but I just don't feel that way.

How is your pre op going Hun? I bet your getting nervous now. Xxx