• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Got back from Goa yesterday, 3 weeks of holiday in 35 -40 degree heat each day.
Overall it was a good holiday, it was fantastic for my weight-loss journey because of two things which reduced me to tears.
The first was when we were going to a beach, we decided that we would experience a ride in a tuk tuk, the hotel was situated on a very busy road, we hailed the tuk tuk, Richard got in the back....and I couldn't fit through the door of the tuk tuk, by now the driver was trying to push and shove me in while shouting loudly which alerted everyone remotely nearby......I was mortified, the locals thought it very very funny pointing and laughing. I cried a river of tears that day, we didn't go to the beach.
The second event was on the plane coming home, I was in the middle seat and after a while my grumpy over tired husband said, your really hurting my arm, alarmed I said how, he said that the top of my arm was rubbing against his slim arm making it sore but he realised there was nothing I could do as it was because of my weight.....I burst into tears again, but on a positive note it made me realise that I am sssooooo doing the right thing in having surgery.
I have booked to go to sane hotel next January, hopefully surgery will be done and I WILL slide easily into a tuk tuk .
I also weighed this morning and I only put on 1lb on holiday, I see the dietitian on Monday and he said that if I reach target on Monday he might refer me to surgeon. ....2.5 lb to lose by Monday lunchtime.......I'm determined to nail this.

Welcome home Vicky, glad you had an overall great holiday and how fantastic that you've only put on 1lb, well done you I am very impressed, also good to hear you being so very positive about your weight loss journey, good luck on Monday, you go girl, damn right you CAN do it, good to have you back xxx

Welcome home! I am sorry you had a couple of really difficult experiences but as you said, you are doing what you can to tackle this. I have everything crossed that come January 2018 you will be back and enjoying all of your holiday with no tears (unless they're happy ones) x

Just had my 2ND appointment the dietitian was very happy, I've lost 13lb in 10 weeks, he has changed my good which will be much more manageable. seeing him again on 30th Jan, he said if I meet my weight loss target ( 2 1/2 lb to go ) when I go back in January they might refer me early for surgery.
that is really good hope it goes well for you

Just had my 2ND appointment the dietitian was very happy, I've lost 13lb in 10 weeks, he has changed my good which will be much more manageable. seeing him again on 30th Jan, he said if I meet my weight loss target ( 2 1/2 lb to go ) when I go back in January they might refer me early for surgery.
Hi Vicky, how did you get on today, I think I saw you was your appointment 2pm ish?

Hi Vicky how did today go ?

My appointment was 12.00
It was good, I met my target and even list an extra 2 lb......so chuffed with that.
No more meal replacement shakes, no more fizzy drinks, start eating slowly and counting chews.
I go to same clinic on 14th Feb to see physics-based to see if he will refer me to surgeon.
I suspect he will oder me to have camera down throat as I had to have meds to get rid of h pylori so he might want me retested for that. I have to have high protein breakfast, cooked or porridge, soup for lunch and meal in evening.
Saw Lauren the fitness lady who was lovely, advised me how to up my fitness, advised me to get heart rate monitor.....ordered one this afternoon.
Feeling positive but worried I won't lose weight without meal replacements.
Made butternut squash soup this afternoon.
Thanks for asking and I'm sorry I didn't see you, say hi next time. How did you get on,? X

My appointment was 12.00
It was good, I met my target and even list an extra 2 lb......so chuffed with that.
No more meal replacement shakes, no more fizzy drinks, start eating slowly and counting chews.
I go to same clinic on 14th Feb to see physics-based to see if he will refer me to surgeon.
I suspect he will oder me to have camera down throat as I had to have meds to get rid of h pylori so he might want me retested for that. I have to have high protein breakfast, cooked or porridge, soup for lunch and meal in evening.
Saw Lauren the fitness lady who was lovely, advised me how to up my fitness, advised me to get heart rate monitor.....ordered one this afternoon.
Thanks for asking and I'm sorry I didn't see you, say hi next time. How did you get on,? X
Physician not physics based lol

My appointment was 12.00
Great news, well done you, all positive news sounds like your really focused and committed which is what they love to see. I was there to be signed off with weight management. I have met with my surgeon and decided which surgery and I have my pre op appointment next week so I'm on the last leg of my journey to surgery. It's been a year as now since I started tier 3 with Northallerton so keep up the good work Vicky and you'll be at the end before you know it x

Great news, well done you, all positive news sounds like your really focused and committed which is what they love to see. I was there to be signed off with weight management. I have met with my surgeon and decided which surgery and I have my pre op appointment next week so I'm on the last leg of my journey to surgery. It's been a year as now since I started tier 3 with Northallerton so keep up the good work Vicky and you'll be at the end before you know it x
Ah well done that's amazing news for you. Good luck, have you got a date yet? I guess you'll get that with pre surgery appointment.
Jordan the dietitian said he doesn't need to see me anymore. He did say things are moving along quickly.
I'm so excited for you, I hope your happy with the choice of surgery. X

really pleased for you its nice to see happy outcomes

Ah well done that's amazing news for you. Good luck, have you got a date yet? I guess you'll get that with pre surgery appointment.
Jordan the dietitian said he doesn't need to see me anymore. He did say things are moving along quickly.
I'm so excited for you, I hope your happy with the choice of surgery. X
Yes I'm going for full bypass and the surgeon thinks that's the best option for me so I'm happy, I should think they'll have a date in mind when I go next week so I'm getting pretty excited now, I'll let you know how I get on with pre op x

Yes I'm going for full bypass and the surgeon thinks that's the best option for me so I'm happy, I should think they'll have a date in mind when I go next week so I'm getting pretty excited now, I'll let you know how I get on with pre op x
Yes please let me know. X it is very exciting x

Hi Vicky, been catch-up on your posts, well done it's all looking very promising, how are you getting on ? X

"Been catching" doh x

Hi Vicky, been catch-up on your posts, well done it's all looking very promising, how are you getting on ? X
Hi, sorry for the delay in replying but I lost the link to this sight on ipad and then had problems finding it and logging back in.
I'm doing OK, I've changed my job, still doing care work but not as many crazy hours and able to give myself a bit more tlc.
Had 3 pairs of trousers made in Goa made to measure, they are all now too big. I've lost 5lb since I lady saw dietician lady week so hopefully I will have another loss by the time I go to hospital next Tuesday.
I suspect he will order a whole load of tests to be done and maybe refer me to surgeon which is what I'm really hoping for. Fingers crossed.
How are you doing?

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying but I lost the link to this sight on ipad and then had problems finding it and logging back in.
I'm doing OK, I've changed my job, still doing care work but not as many crazy hours and able to give myself a bit more tlc.
Had 3 pairs of trousers made in Goa made to measure, they are all now too big. I've lost 5lb since I lady saw dietician lady week so hopefully I will have another loss by the time I go to hospital next Tuesday.
I suspect he will order a whole load of tests to be done and maybe refer me to surgeon which is what I'm really hoping for. Fingers crossed.
How are you doing?
Last week not lady week lol

Have you been back yet.? What did they say? X

Back