• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kelly1 questions/answers here

Chuffy_29

2 in 1000 was the info i was given yesterday. I think POSE is better for people thinking about the band...or who have a stronger character than me...i need more restriction. I am almost certain on the sleeve now. Especially after talking about reversal and the fact it pretty much doesn't happen even though technically it could!

cherry

i know thats why i to want the sleeve xx

Glenville

Kelly, I went back to work 2 weeks after my bypass. I was a bit weary for a couple of days but soon got back into the swing, although I didn't go lifting heavy stuff for the first week - I do IT support and part of my job is lugging PCs and printers around. I was given to OK to drive 10 days post-op. When you consider you are a young whipper-snapper and I'm an old man, I celebrated my 60th birthday 3 weeks before my op, I'm sure you will have no problem coping. Having said that, everyone is different so be prepared for a bit longer to recover as you never know.

I get quite a bit of gurgling, mostly to the left of my belly button which I think means at the Y junction. Having a sleeve you won't have this so you may be lucky.

Well done on getting the job BTW. xx

cherry

hey can i ask, after the sleeve do you feel different?,,like can you tell your stomachs smaller?... or not.... and the pain scale just after.. ive had 2 sections so the pain from that was bad i wonder if its the same thing...........

tesmaralda

hey can i ask, after the sleeve do you feel different?,,like can you tell your stomachs smaller?... or not.... and the pain scale just after.. ive had 2 sections so the pain from that was bad i wonder if its the same thing...........

Kelly I had my bypass by keyhole and felt great and was up and back to feeling normalish a couple of days being out of hospital - as John said everyone is different. I am a week and half post keyhole gall bladder and the pain in the incission just above my belly button is unbelieable and would rather go through 1000 bypasses again than the pain from this op.

cherry

o no!!! hope your pain free soon! i have heard anything to do with the gall bladder is un bearable eeeeek fingers crossed your back to normality soon chick xx

J-Mo

I've been fine too & had no pain at all. I still have the majority of painkillers that I was discharged from hospital with.

My problem has been tiredness! My manager also said he didn't want me to go back to work too early as although its not a physical job its stressful to say the least!

I'm going back to work on Monday which means I had a total of 4 weeks off work. I drove about 5 days after my op.

cherry

Hi guys im just wondering what the likely hood is of having my gall bladder out while the sleeve is being done...? has anyone here automatically had there gall bladder out with a sleeve? i thought to, you put on weight more easily with no gall bladder?.....x

LeighZ

Ditto! Major fear factor for me too. With 5 kids (albeit they are 23, 19, 19, 17 and 12), and only 2 are 'dependants', im it, we have no other family and their father has chosen not to bother with them for the last 10 years. Something happens to me and the only possibilities for my youngest two are 'in care' or my eldest gives up his choices for the future to become their guardian. On a daily (sometimes hourly) basis i have to weigh up the pros and cons of having/not having the surgery and hope i am making the right decision.

I sometimes feel i should 'make preparations' just in case..... so my son isnt left with all kinds of impossible tasks and then i think i must not tempt fate.... not an easy decision...........

luckyla

LeighZ said:
Frothy stuff????? OMGosh......really?????

I vomited up white froth on occasions in the first couple of weeks. I assumed it was to do with all the trapped wind and air inside me! It's nothing to worry about although it's scary when it happens.