• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kelly1 questions/answers here

In all fairness, it depends on the individual. I was just going to my own house after stopping at my parents after 2 weeks. And was only just getting comfy.

I was off 6 weeks in total and I'm far from a wuss!

omg 6 weeks i only start there the 1st there s no way i could take 6 weeks x

Everyone is different, but there's no way I would have been able to go back to work before six weeks. I wasn't even able to drive my car for six weeks.

I know lots of people on here that go back earlier though. However, I would strongly suggest that you do what your surgeon tells you x

I think you should be guided by your surgeon and your body hun, everyone is different as people have already said. It also depends on what type of work you do aswell. I am 3 weeks out now and even though I dont have naps in the afternoon etc I do still feel a bit wiped out sometimes and thats without working. Wait and see what the surgeon says :D XX

Kelly Kitten, you can't beat the advice you are getting on here as I say 'from those who have done the circuit... haha..' and your health will always have to come first... if you are starting to work in good faith with no date then so be it... I believe that you will be an asset once you are in full employment and also, so much the better for better health... I would just go with the flow Angel and don't worry... everything works out in the end...

Love and hugs xxx

ok cool well im a steward in a officers mess, and it is on your feet and doing silver service and functions :) o dero.......

yoiu know people say with bypassers there stomach gurgles and grumbles do the sleeve do this aswell?...

At times I have a really gurgly tummy. It's not all the time though and I can go for days on end with it all being quiet. Sometimes it could drown out the sound of the washing machine though! (Only kidding, it's never THAT loud) x

haaaaa yikes!! x

what about if you lay flat do you get frothy stuff? coming up?... oooo that worrys me tooooo x

ok pheeeeeeeeew thanks mixxy, im freaking out today and yesterday! yes its a nurotic moment but its been a few weks since i had one :) just read at a sunderland seminar they said a 1 in 300 chance of dying with a bypass!" o my god! x

kelly, when do u start your job huni, or have you already started. 1 in 300, its gone down then, it was 1 in 200, so it must be getting safer then, thats good news.
i usually have to lie down after eating, not totally flat, cos i cant do that, but i lie back resting on cusions/pillows, and ive never had frothy stuff come up, but everybodys different arnt they.
big hugs huni xx

Yesterday my consultant told me that for my BMI the risk of dying was around 2 in 1000 with the sleeve or bypass. He also said i should be able to drive after 10 days and back to work after two weeks...and we'd already discussed what i do for a job and how much i travel and the three kids lol

your pose proceedure is a little less invasive hey, i know you still have the intenal work going on but i mean on the outside there ll be no healing, im still bit freaked lol x

Kelly the driving and the back to work were for the sleeve and bypass....he said for POSE it was just a few days! I prob won't go POSE as i'm not sure i have the strength to carry through with a gentle touch i need more!

so for sleeve i have a 2/1000 chance of dying then?...

oooo so you not going for pose? x

Back