• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lolly's getting a loopy bypass at SRH

Hi lolly how are you feeling about the bypass now? I'm on day 4 and like you wondering what the hell have I done to myself! Just out of hospital and feeling very strange and 'let down' by my body and myself that I have had to go to this extreme properly the post op blues so will be over it soon and I know you are a couple of days ahead of me so please let me know how you are feeling hugs

Hi Westie I do feel like I'm getting stronger every day and things appear to be getting somewhat easier but have to be honest it still feels like I've been hit by a freight train! Although I suppose on balance I should say that I am in contact with others in hospital at same time as me and they appear to be doing great one girl was two days after me and she is already out and about and driving again unlike me :( it's hard not to compare against others isn't it? same as you i feel I have done this to myself, gone into it voluntarily, in fact sought it out, I feel like a burden on my family at the minute and think why could I not have got to grips with this without such radical surgical intervention
Sorry to be negative I really really want to say it's been the best thing ever but think it's just too early, even the rapid weight loss hasn't really cheered me up much I thought I would be overjoyed to see the numbers drop but feeling a bit meh about it all
Gonna go out for a walk along the beach today see if I can give my head a shake and come back in a better mood Xx

You are not being negative just truthful and I can totally empathise with everything you said - just had a shower and washed hair for first time and feel shocking!!! I don't know what I was imagining post op and the amount of research and reading I have completed could never have prepared me for this feeling at the moment but hey ho it's done now a my choice and I have to get on with it I think a lot of it is I'm scared to eat anything! I am having 2 teaspoons of a petit fleur yogurt at every meal and 2 teaspoons of soup at lunch and tea with about 1.5ltres of water is that enough not enough - I'm actually thinking more about food now than I did before the op!!! Hope your walk helped

Hi westie
It doesn't sound a lot to me I'm nine days post sleeve and was told to eat a ramekin bowl size portion at each meal but to stop if it feels uncomfortable did you get any guidance?
Sorry to hear you and lolly not feeling great at mo it will get better Xx

Hi monalisa just to follow the sheets I was given and they mentioned only eating teaspoons of food they did mention having half a weetabix smothered in milk but a bit nervous for that! What foods are you eating? Just had a latte which was nice!

Hi monalisa just to follow the sheets I was given and they mentioned only eating teaspoons of food they did mention having half a weetabix smothered in milk but a bit nervous for that! What foods are you eating? Just had a latte which was nice!

Fruit juice soup yoghurt sugar free jelly hot choc made with milk
Might have a latte my self tomoz when i go out with my friend x

How are you getting on Lolly, other than the sore arm from your B12. Have you started to get back to "normal" now ?

Hi loops you're sweet to ask yeah I've recovered from the horror of first week post op haha
I will get my wrists slapped from dietician I know but I gave up on purée pretty damned quick and went to soft diet which is working out pretty well, have tolerated everything no being sick or dumping have however ate a little too much on odd occasion and have had to give it an hour or so to feel comfortable again all part of the new learning I suppose, I've got another two weeks off work coz using up holidays so need to learn the lesson soon as oh and also need to man up before my next b12 as well I'm clearly a sensitive soul otherwise known as a wimp will think twice about what we say to patients 'sharp scratch coming up' or 'little bee sting'
Hope you're doing alright now that you've taken a little step back from forum, take care and stay in touch, Lolly Xx

Glad you doing ok, though I can't condone the moving off puree early, you really should know better, lol.
You're right its a learning process though but don't push to early.

What's the post op weight loss been like then ?

I know will have serious words with myself for not following advice given haha :/
I lost 8lb on lrd then since op
8lb week 1
4lb week 2
4lb week 3
Now weigh 13st13lb, Next weigh in on Tuesday but am chuffed with weight loss so far :) x

Hi Westie
Well I've been back to work for two weeks now and it's safe to say I manage no problem at all whilst I'm there but I literally collapse into a heap when I'm home haha I've got quite a physical job so find myself exhausted have seriously struggled to stay awake after 7pm but I'm also waking up ridiculously early, it's currently 4am :(
Food wise I'm very lucky have tolerated everything pretty well other than a roast lunch on Mother's Day whereby the veggies still had a good bit of crunch to them (rather than steamed within an inch if I had cooked them) crunchy cabbage and cauliflower are not my friends!!!
I've never been a fan of breakfast but I make myself eat on a morning before work that is challenging and work lunches are boring soup every day coz I know I can manage that with no issues
Have had my 6 week check up and was told I have lost 45% of my excess weight which I was chuffed with especially because I've done the dreaded comparing myself to others and at six weeks I have lost 1st7lb which seemed like a slow loss but feel better about it after putting it into perspective
How are you getting along now? Hope you're doing well too and feeling the benefits of op now rather than the early regrets
Love Lolly Xx

You are doing fantastic Lolly well done on you loss especially 45% that's amazing in such a short time of 6 weeks I have got my head round it all now and now able to eat everything unfortunately still fancy crisps through! At least it's not a full packet! I know what you mean re comparing I do it but i know we are all different and have different amounts to lose I have lost just on 2 stone but I didn't eat for a few weeks properly but now I'm eating properly think I'll stall. I am glad you are doing so well take carex

Only got 2lbs to go and I will be simply overweight!!!!! This to me is sooooo super exciting as I have been obese/morbid my entire adult life starting to feel the benefits of the op now it's official I'm no longer an op regretter:)
I now feel so lucky to be a looper X

Attachments

• image-743821453.jpg
    image-743821453.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 20
Omg that's a fantastic a achievement well done you - you should be so proud of yourself It will not be long before you are there and I bet people can really notice the changes in you now x

Have you had surgery yet? How are you getting on?

Back