• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Magicbean's journey to slim-town...

Bonjour all!

late one today as just got back from the cinema.... bearly go and went twice today! weird. went earlier with the kids to see Rio which was very average. took an innocent smoothie with me and sucked a few smarties as well :p then went with the hubster to see source code which was average. mum came to babysit and brought over some liquidised home made soup and kinda forced me to have some .....so i did hve a few spoons..shot off to cinema and got one scoop of foyo ben and jerrys choc fudge brownie......bit alas after a few bites that was it game over. had to reluctantly give the ice cream to hubster to polish off!!oh wells

so its the big family BBQ tomorrow and am slightly cacking myself that someone keeps bugging me asking questions. yet on the other hand excited about going and not having to stress so hard about what i will wear. being almost a stone lighter makes u feel so much better...bring on the other 3-4 stones!!

Hey all!

So the BBQ.... got out of being captured as there were so many people so was easy to blend into the backgroud...but wow...it was LUSH the food. was mega gutted but hey ho.

on the way back did stop and get a mcdonalds milkshake....naughty i know but hey its easter minday :p only drank half....and was starving.

am only day 11.....10 days left till i can go mushies stage. genuinely cannot wait!

Hi guys!

well im feling hugrier nowadays..... fed up of liquids so when i blended my weetabix i ate it all instead of sieveing it.... felt nice to get some sorta solids..... im day 13 so still have 8 days till mushies but so many people go to mushies day 14....so im not gonna be as strict on myself.

have been weighing myself daily and the weight is kinda stuck! think my body is resisting the change as defo not consuming as many calories as before.... oh well....went school and nobody noticed id lost weight.... booo...oh well....only about a stone loss..i guess when im more slimmer people will notice. also its not dramatic so noone will suspect anything dodgy!

made the little ones toast.....yummmm smelt GORGEOUS!

Hey Magic :)

i think your doing brilliantly! i love reading your diary, I reckon your right your body at the moment is probably sayind "arrggggg woman what ya doing to me!" .. .. ahh well like a toddler having a tantrum ;) we always win in the end hehe ...

Have a fabby day xxxxx

haha...true that....although my 4 yr old has me around his little finger!!

I am feeling so much hungrier then usual last couple of days, rang the nurse and she told me to up my protein and i beseeched her to let me go onto mushies at wekk 2 but she wasnt having it and at the earliest said 2 and a half weeks!! so thats like monday onwards i reckon!

arrggg i can only imagine how frustrated you must be at the moment ...

what about some farmers market soupd blended or covent garden ones? .. Im not sure if this is allowed but i know the covent garden ones are yummmmie .. ?
I bet your wishing away the days now arnt you! ..

xx

Totaly wishing them away!!

ok will try these soups.... need something yumm!! thanks piratess x

Bonjour peoples!

So i gave in to mush world! i dont know why Helathier Weight want us to keep on fluids till 3 weeks when everyone else can move onto mushies...i mean come on if bypassers can move on after 2 weeks then why cant someone with a band....bypass is a big op and their stomachs are a lot sorer than mine is..... its stupid....im hungrier and fluids just wernt cutting it. the only downside is that liquids are meant to make u lose the most amount of weight....so weight loss will probably steady.....but i found myself irritable and reaching out for naughty bits more as i felt annoyed.... hey ho!

had someone come round yesterday and gave them tea and cake.... had to eat some as well.... cake is fine as is soft but i didnt want to eat it as its so calorific...ok i wanted to but i knew i shouldnt and i wasnt especially hungry...so i thought instead oif making a fuss i will get the cake and eat it real slow and put my fork down loads and what not...had a small slice but ate less then half and when she was gone got rid of it. hardly ate much of it....but couldnt really see a way out as i think its a bit rude when someone gives u something in their house but refuses to eat it themself!

it was so funny seeing her finish her cake (big slice) in the time it took me to have one/two bites!! and they were teeeeeeeeeeny bites. food wasnt the central thing...just chatting and stuff! quite liberating!

thanks katie....u should start a diary as well :)

So today was the Royal Wedding...on any other day i would have used this day as an excuse to binge and binge and binge. went tesco and i saw my best friend in the whole wide world there; thai sweet chili sensations....i could easily polish that off with a tub of ben and jerrys after! good times! i mean bad times!! haha

i didnt even get to see the royal wedding as my sons were bored so i took them out to the shops where i bought a size 18 tunic...yay...well to be fair tunics are oversized anyways so it doesnt count!

kids had subway (yummm) and u had a jacket potato with cheese. waste of money i ate like 6 bites and then was worried about pushing the band or something.

still find myself picking at choc ... told hubby to not bring any in the house as im waaaay too weak in willpower dept!!

today had weetabix, spud with cheese, few teeny bites of choc!, egg yolky bit only (hard boiled) and galaxy hot choc.and a few of my daughters baby wotsits thingies...like 4-5.

im so cooooooooooold lately...and im always the one whos boiling in the house!! weird!

not been here for a bit..well have been here, just not been updating as feeling a bit like a failure :( i am constantly hungry and want some red meat now....which usually means a mig mac or whopper....im not a red meat fan at all unless in this form and alway happens before my periods (have low iron generally so thats prob why!) .... had jacket potato and cheese and beans today but beans have a kinda skin that wasnt going down well.

have been checking weight and its kinda stuck again, i hope it moves but tbh i am sneaking the odd bits of choc here and there...im just constantly starving nowadays! fill isnt till june 7th! clothes are looser and calorie consuption is LOW ...am here now as wanted to try binge eat some crisps....but thought ill feel totally crap afterwards. so forget it. i know i wont binge on them as wont be able to eat many, but still will be pointless calories.

i dunno...just feeling a bit bleurgh. u know, just abit bored! want to eat different things, but then id rather be slim then obese and waddling along to squeeze into booths at restarunts for burgers!

sorry diary.... and anybody who reads this....im just posting without an actual point to be made. maybe a spot of retail therapy with some hot choc will do the thrick. that sounds good!!

Aw magic, you sound so down. I think you have done absolutely fabulously - 17lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic. I am being banded tomorrow and I will be proud of myself if I do as well as you. Chin up my lovely, be strong tonight and you will probably feel a whole lot more positive in the morning :wave_cry:

aww thanks katie, that 17lbs does include about a week of the pre op :p but dang it every pound deserves to be mentioned imho!

u'll do awesome...will change ur life for the better...i defo dont regret it...think im just being a bit meh. this is gonna sound nasty, but i was out in the food court and saw some big people squeezed into booths stuffing their faces.....its horrible saying that i know....but the point is that was ME! that was me just a few weeks ago, totally in denial about it, thinking, oh maybe the booth has moved? never midn, one twister wont make a difference.... food is always gonna be there.... u gotta make the right choices and stick around to enjoy life ...and being a victim of obesity isnt gonna cut it.

still hard work with the band.... but with support and sensibility i know i can (hopefully) do it..... i am my own worst enemy when it comes to sabatoging myself.

having my hot choc now. good luck with ur band katie....rmbr pillows for the journey home and prepare urself for how gorgeous u will look in that slinky dress this xmas!!

Magic chin up chick, you have to remember you have little or no restriction at the moment so your hunger isn't a sign of failure it's a sign your healing and your preparing for your first fill! My secret weapon is chocolate mousse about 77 cals per pot or weight watchers yogurt 49 cals per pot. Please don't punish yourself your doing great and it's all normal at this stage of your band journey! ;) xx

aww thanks JoJo.....theres some moouse in the house..but its the areo one. and im never full on it...well ive never tried post band.... maybe i should? well i had hot choc now so im ok.... crisps desires have gone.

thanks for ur post...makes sense what u say.... swelling is going down i guess so hunger is going up! xx

Hi guys!!

So have been feeling a little rough with adjusting mentally....spoke to a friend who is a longer term bander and she said she went through the same thing. she could see changes which was nice...its not on the stomach....on my arms and face and feet and wrists! but hey its good.

periods are about to kick in, weight has been the same since last week! have been checking! but then have been grazing here and there on choc but tbh not that much and am defo eating less calories.... hopefully periods will kick in and then the stall will go

went shops with friends...they tried on sizes 10 and 12 and i stuck to playing with my 1 yr old...she got some good attention. for lunch i had double cheesburger! really wanted the red meat! managed both the burgers! quite shocking ...am super stuffed though. didnt have the chips or the bun and took some of the cheese off. wonder how many calories that is! but really wanted some red meat (its a pre period thing...esp as am anaemic!) sat there thinking..its the textures not the amount (thanks to cha ching!)

made chicken tikka masala for din dins! will have just the chicken...will be scrumm :)

went to one shop and tried on a size 16 coat which fit...but tbh that shop was stupid ...my size 12 friend was getting into a size 8!! haha....anyways im hoping it wont be long till i can do it for real!!

Ah magic, it seems you are coming to terms with it a bit, I must admit I sat here one day post op yesterday and felt down and unsure that I had done the right thing, I think it was because I felt so ill and things just all seemed to big to deal with. Pre menstrual is never a good time, be kind to yourself, you are doing very well xxx

Hi guys...katie im not doing good as im not focused! im hungry a lot more and headhunger is defo ruling! arrgh wish someone would slap me everytime i open the fridge!!

i am picking and grazing!!

tomorrow is weigh day and i know there is gonna be no change...so will buckle right down from tom onwards so i get a result next week. think i will restart at gym....something gentle but something to get moving and feel motivated! gotta do it i paid so much money!!

Back