• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mandies journey

Thanks maz

I seem to be having a stitch like pain under my ribs on the left hand side. None of the incisions are sore apart from the biggest one which I presume is where the port sits. My shoulder on the same sideis painful too. I have just been for a short walk with my little boy and felt very breathless is this normal do ou think.

Obviously I know I should phone my provider but just wondered if it was normal to have that before I do ?

Thanks

Mandie

Thanks maz

I seem to be having a stitch like pain under my ribs on the left hand side. None of the incisions are sore apart from the biggest one which I presume is where the port sits. My shoulder on the same sideis painful too. I have just been for a short walk with my little boy and felt very breathless is this normal do ou think.

Obviously I know I should phone my provider but just wondered if it was normal to have that before I do ?

Thanks

Mandie

Hello Mandie. Welcome to the losers side, it does sound like trapped wind, the pain / discomfort you have had sounds just like I was. Just take it easy and not over do things. If at any time your in doubt or really concerned give your provider a call to ease your worries - Wishing you all the best - Julie xx

Nightmare day

Hi all

I had my band on 6th June. All has gone well
And am really pleased as have lost 13lb in a week.

Had the shock of my life today though. Been having
A stitch like pain for a few days and a little
Breathless. Put it down to holding myself
Funny whilst the incisions were sore. Got
Up today and was gasping and didn't feel I
Could fill my lungs with enough oxygen.

Phoned my provider who told me to go straight
To the docs as it didn't sound like wind!!

I am now in the chest clinic and been diagnosed
With a pulmonary embolism in my lung.

I am gutted and I was terrified. I have to have
A scan tomorrow. I have been giving myself the
Injections once a day and am lucky
That I was. They have tripled the amount
To 120 from 40.

Just wanted to let people know and in no way
Scare them but if you become breathless
Go to your doctors because it needs checking
Out.

Lots of love

Mandie

Mandy.....OMG, what a dreadful situation! So sorry hear that & I hope you get it all sorted safely & wishing you well. Take care. You're in the best place....so pleased you reacted so quickly x

Thank god you went when you did , just goes to show anything can happen. wishing you a speedy recovery.
xx

Oh my gosh ! Terrifying for you, you poor thing. Sending you a hug and my very best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hoping to hear from you on here tonight to see how you're doing
x

Hope you are comfortable now, and recover soon x

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon xx

Can you believe some providers dont give patients the injections to take home :confused:

How big are your incision scars??
My 2 bottom ones are tiny (maybe 1cm)
Bug my port scar is approx 6cm....far bigger than I expected.
Am I wrong?? Are they all this size?

Oh no, poor you :mad:
Hope you feel better soon and thank you for taking the time to warn us about this.
Em xxxxx

HI everyone

Thanks so much for your well wishes.

I am still in hospital as they haven't done the scan
Yet. Hospital is full and classed as medium risk
Due to being treated for the clot.

I am now on 140mg of warfarin (clexat??) .

Still have the pain in my left hand side at the back,
Not as breathless but still shallow breathing.

Been really down tonight and wondering why I
Had it done. Just feeling sorry for myself as
I'm feeling really hungry and sick of liquid:(

Full of a cold too so pretty miserable but my hubbie said
In 6 months time he will remind me of this day
And saying I regret it lol.

Mazza no I can't believe they discharge people
And don't give them the injections. I've been told
I'm lucky that I had been using them for the 6
Days post op. doesn't bare thinking
About really.

Thanks again everyone and I will keep u all
Posted tomorrow xxxxxx

I didn't get injections to take home. I wonder if it's a matter of initial weight or if they can tell you are at higher or lower risk from the way your blood acts during surgery? I know I got one before surgery and a couple more after surgery when I was still in hospital but that was it. I wore my compression socks for a few days though and walked quite often but that was it.

It sounds really scary now...

I didn't get injections to take home. I wonder if it's a matter of initial weight or if they can tell you are at higher or lower risk from the way your blood acts during surgery? I know I got one before surgery and a couple more after surgery when I was still in hospital but that was it. I wore my compression socks for a few days though and walked quite often but that was it.

It sounds really scary now...

Erm, no - as always it depends who your provider is, it is very scary indeed.

I had a weeks worth of injections when I left the hospital.

Hi

Well i was finally discharged yesterday afternoon at 4pm. Turns out that my ct scan was clear but my blood result for a clot was higher than high. Seems they thought it was a clot so had to treat me just in case with high doses of warfrin (cleaxat) because i was so breathless and had the pain in my lung area.

Its been a really bad week and one i would rather forget. Been panicking all week because thought omg this is serious and i could die. They couldnt do the scan until friday because the hospital was so busy and because i was being treated the immediate risk was majorly reduced.

Cant understand what its all meant but glad that it was clear and that i dont have to take warfarin for six months. I ended up getting phlebitis in my arm where the canula was which started to track upwards and was extremely painful but it seems to be settling down now.

Anyway, on a brighter note the band has been fine and only discomfort i have is a bit of pulling where the port sits. Will this go ??

I havent weighed until today since wednesday and i have lost a stone since my op ten days ago. Daft as it sounds i was a bit disappointed cause had lost around 12 when i went in on wednesday and have hardly eaten at all.

I am finding now that i really dont have any post op restriction which i did the first week or so. I am struggling on the liquids as i feel starving all the time and they arent filling me up at all like they were. I have nothing in my band until 19th july and am going onto the mushy stage 2 days early from tomorrow. I did have two weetabix today which went down absolutely fine. is this normal to be able to feel like i can eat. I havent tried anything solid at all so maybe when i do i will find restriction i really dont know.

Anyway i hope everyone is ok.

Thanks

Mandie

You don't tend to feel restriction until you're filled (and that could take 2 or 3 even) so for now restrict your portions yourself to help kick start the process! Relying on fills is not ideal as you can waste precious weeks!!!! X

Don't know what's happening :(

Hi all

I am into the second week now and have been told I can now eat mushy food lol. Wow have I noticed a difference in my appetite this last few days. The first week after he op a jelly and a yoghurt was enough but now I feel like I could eat a horse.

I know I have no restriction in the band at the moment but really still thought I would struggle with eating cottage pie!!! Nope I had a fairly big dish mashed up very small and am still hungry.

Is this normal as I am seeing other people losing a lot of weight post op and feel a little left behind.

I have lost approx 14lb now which I know is excellent but nothing now for nearly five days.

Just wondered if none could offer me some advice.

Thanks

Back