• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mandies journey

All normal! As the swelling goes down you will want to eat and without any fill you will be able to. Key now is either think right I'm on a diet and restrict yourself or wait for fills to help...but that could waste vital weeks! X

Just make sure you are indeed eating enough. It sounds like you weren't taking in many calories on the liquid stage. If you dont at this stage your body will stay in starvation mode and you will not lose weight.

Have three mushy meals a day, or split them down into smaller more frequent ones plus plenty of fluids. Aim for 800 to 1000 cals a day and you will be fine xx

im the same as u so dont worry. my weightloss has stopped now as im eating more :( but my fill is next week yippeeee :)

I can't wait for my first fill to be honest. These sloppy meals go through too easily. Really struggling at the mo'.

My first full is in 2 weeks and it really can't come soon enough!!
I'm back to thinking about food and feeling hungry all the time!!
I loved the liquid weeks and lost 11ibs but nothing since the soft food started.....it's really hard to stay motivated at this point but ill keep trying.....only a couple of weeks to go!!
Im just really hoping for a decent 1st fill...I'm really scared I start going backwards and undo the weight I've already lost!!

Try not to let it worry you. At the early stages Many people stall too. I worked out I wasn't eating enough. Some people can drop the pounds on far fewer calories, but my optimum level for losing was around 1000 to 1100 calories a day on average. Eating more protein especially fish, chicken (minced at the early stages) and milk, increased my weight loss and left me feeling fuller for longer. The fills do help, but the right band friendly food choices combined with more exercise than previously, will help more. Enjoy this stage, sometimes it's good to try new things to discover what's going to work out best for you as an individual :) x

Listen to flutterby she knows what she is talking about. And is now successfully maintaining. Not to put a downer on u guys but be prepared for the worse, a bit melo dramatic but take me for example it took me four fills over 5 months to fill some kind of restriction... some provider will only do one ml or less at the time. So if that is the case for you then as flutterby said friendly crunchy food stick to side plated at all time and exercise more.

Not sure if this is right ?

Hi

I am two weeks and two days post op. Everything is ok as far as i know. I dont seem to have any restriction really but i a told this is normal as there is nothing in my band at the moment. They have brought the first fill forward from 19th July to 5th July so am quite happy with that.

The only thing that is really concerning me at the moment and i hope someone can help is the port site.

It isnt sore to the touch but when i am making certain movements i am feeling a tugging sensation and every now and again shooting pains where the port sits under the skin. I was extremely worried about this before i decided to have the op.

Is it possible that it is just too early for things to have healed. I amd terrified this is how its going to feel permanently because it is quite uncomfortable at times when i move about.

Sorry to be a pain but its playing on my mind all the time.

Thanks

Mandie

Its perfectly normal to get twinges still in the early weeks, months even.

Things should settle down soon but if you are worried tell your provider when you see them for your fill xx

Thanks Mazza

I spend so much time reading the posts on this forum and its good to be able to ask you expert advice.

Been having a few down days and thinking oh dear what have i done :( i am just hoping its because its early days. I had it done quickly as i wanted to feel ok by the time i went away at the end of july. Am now starting to think i should have waited because i feel at the moment i wont be able to be my usual self with my kids in the pool etc.. i know it sounds daft but the moving around is still bothering me and scared i will dislodge it by being too active.

I have read so many of your posts mazza and its nice to know you have been through the same things and can put my mind at rest so thank you :)

Mandie

Ah thank you, thats a lovely thing to say x x

Dont worry though we all go through the same feelings and emotions, it wont be long before you feel back to normal and Im sure you will be fine in time for your holiday.

Take care xx

Hello there, things will eventually calm down, they do (& can) several months to level out. Try not to worry its all part of the banders way of life . Wishing you all the best x

Thanks for the info. Over the weekend i feel like i have turned the corner in as far as the port site pain and can move around quite normally and with virtually no pain or awareness that the port is even there :)

Think maybe i was trying to run before i could walk and not giving my body chance to get used to it being there.

Have weighed myself this morning and was devastated to see that i have actually put 2lb on!!! what is that all about. I have been eating pretty much restriction free but no where near what i would usually eat. I have had scrambled eggs for breakfast, chicken and mashed veg for tea and weetabix if i have felt peckish. Finding it really hard to understand how i can have put weight on :(

My fill has been brought forward two week so am having it a week on thursday so hoping things will start to kick in from then :(

Has this happened to anybody else ?

Thanks

Mandie

Mandie how much weight did you lose in the run up to the op? Could it just be your weight loss balancing out? Don't let it get you down x

As others have said and rightly so , this is quite normal as the swelling subside and your will power will have to play a big part until you start getting your fills and restriction comes into play. Wishing you all the best Julie xx

First fill and feel no different :(

Hi all

I had my first fill on Thursday under x ray. They put 3 and a quarter mils in.

I am absolutely gutted because I hardly feel any restriction at all. They told me I could eat normally as soon as I felt ok. I have managed far more than I thought. Bread, chicken etc with no problems at all.

Is this normal ?

Thanks

Mandie xx

I am so glad i am not the only one - i had my first fill on thursday and they put 3 mls in but I feel no different to before. I am on solids and am still hungry.

my nurse told me you wont start feeling restriction till atleast 6.5 ml but depends on your band. Ive just had my first fill, i had 4ml in at my op and they put 1.5ml in on wednesday, so no i have 6.5ml all together. Its torture I cant eat even mushy food it just comes straight back up :( XX

Back