• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

March 2014 Surgeries

Just sitting in my car having experienced the self checkout conveyer at asda. I chuckled when the electronic lady said her parting message "thank you for using the quick checkout". Quick!!!???? Put thru one item twice, alcohol needed checking re age. The young chap straight faced "you have to be 25". I smiled ;) must have called him for assistance at least 7 times. Phew. Anyway. There were so many shakes to choose from. Protein ones. Slim fast ones. Asdas own. And more besides. Couldn't find any windeze or liquid multi vitamins either. But I did get a bottle of my fav wine so homeward bound :). Re the last supper - my nephew is living with me and my two teenage boys and it's his 18th next weds which is my last supper date. My mothers cooking then taking us out for a pint ;). So she will be deciding :/ which in a way is a shame cos I fancied a meal out with my o.h.. Oh well. Mustn't gwumble :) x

Last supper over ! Big day tomorrow the last hurdle before surgery girls .. Then liver shrinkage ! This day has been a long time coming 12 months i have been on this path.., but at last i can see the finishing post.
Update you tomorrow x

Oh my giddy aunt. Eeeeks. Thinking of you. Don't forget - if you need to vent re preop diet We're all here for ya. And now your journey is about to begin :) x

awwww i'm super excited for you girls, the wait seem to be forever and them wham its here soooo quickly lol soon you'll be planning your first real food post op :) gl deb hope you enjoyed your last meal now time to shrink that liver LOL gl all x x x x

hi im having my bypass banded. had bypass in 2008 and so ive been there not knowing. not so niave this time but still excited. my date is march 6 and been doing pre op diet and lost 5 pounds so im on it. good luck to everyone. x

Hi skandalite. A bipass banded? I wish you all the best. Sounds like you've been on one helluva journey. Take care and glad you've joined us here. Not long for you either then :). X

Whilst I remember. Was given a good tip. Keep some nappy sacks in the car for those times when you need to be sick ;). Had a coffee a few weeks back with a lady local to me who's been banded three years. She keeps some in her car :).

Crystalrainbow - what gives you the
Impression we're excited ;). How's it going? X
LOL listening to the chat in here reminds me of how we were post op LOL its so lovely to have others to go thru it with you, the unknown is pretty scarey but with the support of everyone else it will be totally fine :D

Im doing great hun almost 3 weeks out now and pretty much back to normal, wounds all scabbed tummy still bruised, but doing well ;)

x x x x hugs to all keep the positivity going its great to see :D

Thank you. yes it has been a journey but one I would gladly do again. I lost 12 stone but have regained 3 cos restriction has gone but please don't be put off in any way whatsoever. I wish I had used a support network like this before cos reading all your whys and wonders and all the ups n downs is fab.I would say to you all,take pictures for your before and afters even if you hate them right now. you will feel so proud when you look back. Also don't think ah yes I have a special occasion in a month and buy an outfit (cos u can get one that fits)because in a month it will be too big. I followed instructions to a tee and the weight dripped off me. I wasn't prepared mentally cos I was convinced I would be the only person the bypass didn't work for. why should it when everything else had failed? bypass changed my thinking and choices completely and suddenly I was walking by shop windows and seeing a reflection of this normal sized lady in baggy clothes. I couldn't get used to smaller sizes cos no sooner was I in one size that I was down again. I went in a bathing costume in a swimming pool with my granddaughters, nothing new for normal size people but I was 50 at that time and had never been in a pool with my own kids cos I wouldn't wear a batho. you/we have a lovely journey ahead. hold on tight,its very exciting!!!x

Crystalrainbow that's great to hear. And thanks for your support. Way back 19 years ago when I had my first son other than the playgroup a couple of hours a week there was no one to talk to. This forum is invaluable. We are so lucky to find this support. For which I am truly grateful :) x I'm even considering telling my mum to get back to my dad in the states to be with him and let me take this journey without her. But I know I'm not alone. Yes I have my partner and my kids but so importantly I have you lot :). Amazing and grateful xxx

Aaaaaw skandalite. That made lovely reading. I am here (been off work today so managed to post quite a bit) as are all of us. This support is invaluable xxx we can lean on each other :) xxx

Last supper over ! Big day tomorrow the last hurdle before surgery girls .. Then liver shrinkage ! This day has been a long time coming 12 months i have been on this path.., but at last i can see the finishing post.
Update you tomorrow x

Thinking of u. Keep focused girliex

The support is wonderful. I know how u feel about why should this work for me? I'll just be eternally greatful that my Drs referred me and gave me a chance. I hope after this I will feel worthy...on a journey to feel like "normal" people feel....to all us Marcher's, to the people who have gone before us and the people yet to reach this stage....good luck...life is ours to b lived...cheers to the futurexxx

morning all.ever since I found this site.its got better and better.and we are all in the same boat.thankyou everyone.at the beginning you feel all alone.we all look now like we are ready for the off.so good luck to everyone awaiting there ops.people who are new to the site.and take care.soohoo

Well girls looks like its on! Been for pre op bloods etc .. All good. So all i have to do is pack my bag! Have to say my surgeon is lovely.

Back