• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Hope all is good Nutty. I had pain on Friday. Think it was just lots of gas, but they only let me go home at 10 last night as they wanted me to have a few scans and arterial blood tests. They thought I had a pulmonary embolism, but it turned out I didn't. Hope you're OK and get to go home today. Take it easy. xx

My five keyhole sites. Glued held together last night with steristrips then removed today and covered with spray on plaster! !

ForumRunner_20140519_082730.jpg

Your holes are in totally different places to mine. I have 5 though. Mine were glued.

Hi mad cat woman which surgeon did u have? How were the team for u I've been seeing Emily for a while now think she is lovely x

Hi Poppsicles, I had Mr Cheruvu. Met Miss Rotundo though, she's lovely. I also see Emily, she's great. Will only see her twice more now as they discharge you at 2 years. My experience was good, they looked after me really well. I had some adhesions removed at the same time as they found my bowel was the wrong way round and lots of adhesions. So ended up with the sleeve instead of bypass. The ward staff were nice too. Hope you go on ok, do you have a date yet?

Whilst we're showing our op sites....

Again, different locations. All surgeon and op specific, of course. I was stapled, not glued or sutured.

Attachments

• image-2673199020.jpg
    image-2673199020.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 45
I had 6 2 under each boob 2 just above belly button mines were steri strip

Mine were glued and also mine were all badly bruised to I know I really bruise very easy
Don't know how to put pics on here though

No miss rotundo doing my surgery told me she wants me in ASAP due to gallstones and wants do both ops at same time but endocrine messing me about keep changing my date to see them I'm on 27 th July now with them so I've emailed her see if she can sort something out I'm just so nervous about it all she wants me have bypass I wanted sleeve so will see how it pans out x

Hi all, I have asked this in another thread but have had no response so I thought I would ask my May Queens and Kings. Have any if you had trouble tolerating the protein shakes? I am on day 3 of my pre op diet and am using the Weight To Go shakes and soups etc as I bought a pre op box, however I am having diarrhoea ( sorry if too much info). No pain , no griping , feel well but when I got to go I got to go.

When I did Lighterlife, I had days when I had diarrhea and some when I was the other way, so it is normal. Others in my group were the same.

Oh I was messed about due to endocrine. They booked my op for feb then had to cancel because I hadn't seen endocrine. I then had it in May. You could ring the secretary and see what's happening. Mr Cheruvu's sec was quite rude, but everyone else was lovely. Hope you go on ok xx

Woohoo. You can really get excited now. :0)

OK, sorry, not the best pic. Mine still look really angry. You can only just make out the one between my boobs and just above my belly button. You can possibly also just make out my gallbladder op scar from 3 years ago. Obviously the drain one is covered up.

ForumRunner_20140519_221114.jpg

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner:
3/05/14...SimoneLongley... Sleeve
6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve
:winner:
6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve :winner:
6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall
:winner:
12/05/14 ...Anniebannie... sleeve

12/05/14.. Debbie62... bypass... Derriford Plymouth :winner:
13/05/13... Mandijayne...Band... Drewsberry