• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Samp24, I can never manage it on my iPhone, so I'll let someone else do the honors.

Terrilou, good luck for tomorrow

Dave, I guess you get what you pay for. I went for the price, and it isn't a package, I've paid for the surgeon and then the hospital. Oh well, I know the surgeon is good!

Everyone else, hope everyone is doing well pre and post op! I'm counting down the nervous days now :)

I was told those going in at 7 SHOULD be morning surgeries and those in at 10 will be in the afternoon. I was told today when they changed my time that I will be first. I guess each surgery is different too.

I am finally home and in my own bed!! Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight! Dressings changed before I left. I have been stapled which I wasn't expecting! When I had gall stones it was all glued. Such a pleasant thing to look forward to next week! Xx

Good luck for tomorrow terrilou. Xx

I am finally home and in my own bed!! Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight! Dressings changed before I left. I have been stapled which I wasn't expecting! When I had gall stones it was all glued. Such a pleasant thing to look forward to next week! Xx Good luck for tomorrow terrilou. Xx

Glad you're home safe and sound. Staple removal doesn't hurt at all. Does your GP's practice nurse do that for you?

Best wishes for a peaceful, pain free night. x

Good luck tomorrow Terrilou! Wishing you all the best!

Sorry I haven't been on much lately guys returning the support you gave me... Feeling a bit sh!t at the mo, not sure why! Maybe hormones, maybe sick of being stuck in these 4 walls, maybe I'm missing food more than I thought I would. Feel like I'm going 'cold turkey' sometimes like a drug addict.. I dunno. Hoping I feel abit more like myself in the next few days xx

glad your home mandi

mrs duck we all get like that i think post op for a while it will get better

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner:
6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve
:winner:
6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve :winner:
6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall
:winner:
12/05/14 ...Anniebannie... sleeve
13/05/13... Mandijayne...Band... Drewsberry :winner:
15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal
17/-5/14.. The Bear... Band.... Dolan Park
18/05/14.. Nikola.. Band.. Spire Manchester
18/05/14.. nuttyblond.. band ..Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent
21/05/14...Trish418 ....Bypass... Spire Solihull
23//05/14... Millywomble... Bypass
25/05/14... Melarnz...Sleeve.. Kings College
27/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall
28/05/14.. Kerry2656... Bypass
30/05/14 ..Rob.74.. Bypass
31/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band

:D

Have we heard from AnnieBannie yet?
Well done Mandijayne.. welcome to the beginning of a whole new you!

Mrs Duck- check your calories and protein levels- are you getting enough?
I had one grotty day and when I checked my food diary, I hadnt had any where near enough protein.

Now it's your turn Terrilou! Be brave! :) It will all be over before you know it and you will be sitting over here on the losers bench, waiting to get into those nice clothes! :D

Thanks Juicy,

Not getting much sleep, but I didn't really expect to. It's 0221hrs now, so my alarm will be going off in just over 2 hours. Going to try to get some more shut eye in, but won't hold my breath. See you on the other side.

Nah, was a really bad night, but hey ho! I got up with a really sore neck too. I guess that was due to all the tossing and turning I was doing. Speak soon. xx

Good luck today Terrilou, thinking of you, let us know when you can that you are back safe and sound x

Thank you. Still waiting to go down. Just sitting bored in the waiting room. I'll try to update this evening. xx

good luck see you on the bench

Hello! Back from the hospital. I've gotten my sleeve. :) it went a bit wonky after surgery and I couldn't even hold down water. Had to stay in the New REI for a few extra days but home now! Everything going ok. I am hungry but not hungry, it's the strangest feeling I've ever had. I have been trying to drink loads but I really need to keep on top of that. I do miss hot things and chewing, but I guess it's not long on liquids. Only another 10 days.

Back