• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Bluegirluk

Oh my oh my, just got something stuck in my band and don't ever want to go through that again !! Sliming is no fun , I was like something out of Ghostbusters!! Note to self chew and then chew again !!!

Banana19

How's our May oppers getting on this week?

Has anyone else found the heat wave crap for weight loss on the scales? Could it be water retention? :(

I've been out clothes shopping loads and love love love what I've bought but my bank balance doesn't eek! :p

Hope everyone is enjoying the sun xxx

terrilou

Hey Banana, I'm doing really good thanks. I really struggle to get water in, despite it being so hot, so yes, I'm retaining water too. They tell you to sip lots, but I drink a lot for 10 minutes or so, then get stuck into work and forget to drink.

Banana19

Me too Terrilou, I'm trying to get more fluids into me.

I've stocked up on all the NAS flavours you could think of and still only manage just over 1lt a day :( x

terrilou

Yeah, that's about the same as me. At the most, I get about 1.5 litres down. Must try harder. Lol!

Mandijayne

I'm doing good!! Weightloss a bit slow this week too!! Hopefully will shift soon as I want to push it between now and my hols in September! Hope everyone else is good!! X

ladyluck14k

Hi guys, im the same with the fluids, most days it's 1 litre but trying to push it to 1.5l

Im struggling in this heat! The weight loss has slowed but im not too worried, I have gone down another dress size down to 18 - started off a 24 so im well happy! Im trying not to buy too many clothes though as it will be winter soon and il never be able to wear the summer clothes again so abit of a waste of money.

I bought a size 20 top 2 weeks ago and it's already loose on me so im just gonna try and muddle through with what ive got even though there are so many things I could buy now! Ive got a fair few bits of winter clothes in size 18 and 16 from a good few years ago that im really glad I kept as they will see me through the winter now.

Im really pleased the sickness seems to be subsiding so fingers crossed im over the worst now.

samp24

Nice to hear yr feeling bit brighter dan, there is nothing worse than feeling sick constantly. Bariatric nurse called me on Monday to follow up from my vitamin infusions on Friday and Saturday, Mr Clarke wanted to make sure symptoms had gone. They are a great team at treliske and I can't fault them. hope everyone else is getting on ok. X

Banana19

How's our May oppers now? Some are and some are almost 3 months out!! I had a huge wardrobe clearout at the weekend. Took my old rags to the cash-for-clothes, thought why not! I found the bags quite heavy when lifting them to my car, only to find out that they weighed 11kilos. I've now lost 29 kilos or thereabouts and wonder how the hell I carried that physically as extra weight! Hope everyone is good :) xx

Mandijayne

I'm plodding along. I too had a clear out of my wardrobe. Feels good getting rid of the bigger sizes!! Gonna sort through and put some on eBay to try and cover cost of the few new items I have treated myself too. X

terrilou

Hi all, I'll be 3 months out on the 15th. When I got weighed on Tuesday evening, I'd lost 3.5 stones since the op. 7 stones 3.5 lbs from my heaviest in June 2013. Feeling really good. Wearing size 18 - 20 as opposed to the 26 - 28 a few months ago. :D

heavenlykaty

Your such an inspiration terrilou, fantastic job xx

terrilou

Oh my Gosh, thank you for that. Nobody has ever said that of me. That makes me feel great, thank you. How are you feeling now since your op? The choice I made for this op is the best one I've ever made, hopefully you're the same. xx

Banana19

Hello May Oppers!!

How's everyone getting on? I've never smiled so much as I have the past 5 months :) I'm now 5st 7 down and instead of dreading social occasions, it's hard to keep me in the house these days!!!

Has anyone else been experiencing the dreaded hair loss? That has been the only negative side effect of this surgery for me, but I honestly am counting my blessings that it's only hair loss. I've been shedding hair for about 2months now and really hope it will stop soon :(

Hope everyone is well and would love to hear your updates!!xxx

heavenlykaty

Well done Banana, great weight loss, I haven't experienced the hair loss yet!! Im 3mths post op on 21st so it could be any day now, I haven't got much hair anyway!
I have now lost 4 stone, but looking forward to loosing another 6.

Its nice to hear how you are getting on.

Best wishes kate x