• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

Thank you muttley :) I cannot wait to get some sun, sea and champagne or cocktails down me. Ps I tried to pm you last week, but got a message saying you had switched off PMs. Anyway, hope you are well and keeping on with this maintaining malarky :)

I cannot wait to get some sun, sea and champagne or cocktails down me.

Oh yes! Champagne! Wonderful, I repeat, WONDERFUL! stuff

Ps I tried to pm you last week, but got a message saying you had switched off PMs.

I'm an idiot - was adjusting things like signature, email updates and such the like and cocked it up, by the looks of it - story of my digital life...

Anyway, fingers crossed and a fair wind beyond me, I may have switched it back on again, or I may have just signed up for an online electricity plan for all I know

Anyway, hope you are well and keeping on with this maintaining malarky :)
Yep Yep - last weeks weigh in showed that I'd lost just a one lb over the two weeks, so I was happy with that - have upped my calories a bit over the last week and will weigh in again a week tomorrow...clothes feel fine though so neither gained a huge amount or lost a huge amount.

Maldives ... My hubby says we have to go there before they sink under the sea. A good enough reason methinks ... And I always listen to what my hubby says LOL :rolleyes:

But I get sooooo cold nowadays, maybe he feels somewhere in the sun would be good for me ;)

Me think he wants to see you more in bikinis :)

Flutterby you will love It! they are truly beautiful and we have promised ourselves a return trip in a couple of years time once i have achieved my goal :D I'm so jealous

All-inclusive holiday ... 2lb gain, from loads of iced coffees, cocktails and the odd glass of champagne :rolleyes: Plus copious extra food (little and often) of the most scrumptious kind. I am absolutely over the moon. Back to normality again today. Great thing is, I am not a frequent drinker in the UK, so most of the weight gain is not coming from a 'trigger' which is going to take me down a rocky road. Oh happy days :)

Flutterby you will love It! they are truly beautiful and we have promised ourselves a return trip in a couple of years time once i have achieved my goal :D I'm so jealous

We loved the Maldives. Fantastic weather, beautiful island and great service. Then we finished off with three days in Dubai. Again fantastic. We upgraded our package from b&b to executivevclub because we knew how expensive it was for food and drink. Breakfast, snacks, afternoon tea, canapés, free drinks ... Teeny portion sizes perfect for banders ... Meant I was grazing all day on the most fabulous quality food....:cool: did lots of walking so maybe that helped offset the excess. Going to have to start saving for a revisit methinks :eek:

I could not believe how poorly so many people with a bit of money treat waiters and waitresses though. I was shocked. Good Manners don't cost anything :sigh:

Good good - and the 2lb is prob what you wanted to put on anyway :)

I see from your stats muttley I have gained the two that you are now below target! Do you want them back? LOL

We loved the Maldives. Fantastic weather, beautiful island and great service. Then we finished off with three days in Dubai. Again fantastic. We upgraded our package from b&b to executivevclub because we knew how expensive it was for food and drink. Breakfast, snacks, afternoon tea, canapés, free drinks ... Teeny portion sizes perfect for banders ... Meant I was grazing all day on the most fabulous quality food....:cool: did lots of walking so maybe that helped offset the excess. Going to have to start saving for a revisit methinks :eek:

I could not believe how poorly so many people with a bit of money treat waiters and waitresses though. I was shocked. Good Manners don't cost anything :sigh:

Yes got to agree with the last part. Our wee waiter on mayafushi hadn't seen his home in Bangladesh for four years. He was a lovely guy that kept us topped up with our drinks without us even asking. We made sure he was tipped well but there is nothing more embarrassing to hear someone snap their fingers & shout boy in such an arrogant way that I wanted to slap him.. A fellow pompous Brit grrrr

What island did your visit? Our second visit was a series of disasters. We were due to go to the olyvhelu (sp?) but sadly the tsunami hit it bad causing a lot of damage. We re booked to go to meerafushi but 5 days before departure hubby decided to slice three tendons in his right hand so we had to cancel again. After a long battle with AXA we finally got to go 5 months later but to summer island this time round. Hubby likes diving so it wasn't our ideal choice but nothing can beat kicking those shoes off on your arrival never having to don them again until you depart .... Sheer heaven!

@ muttley ... Ok I will accept your gift as I don't wish to appear rude ... But I am sure I will return the favour soon!

@ femfrankie ... We went to meeru island resort. Went all inclusive, but would probably do it differently next time. They frequently overbook, so offer 3 day catamaran cruises on arrival followed by automatic upgrade to all inclusive FOC. Cruise includes sea fishing, snorkelling, island hopping, so a fabulous opportunity to take if available. And if not, you can pay for all inclusive upgrade when you get to the island anyway ... Win win :cool:

Last edited:
Snowed in again, so thought i would update my diary. Well, I have had a hectic few months ... But eventually this week i have completed all my training and assessments to get me re-authorised to do the job I am paid for. Cannot wait to get stuck in on Monday. Still queen of plastic tubs as my pink lunch bag accompanies me everywhere. i am on the road alot (1200 miles driven in last two weeks) So i have to plan my food carefully to make sure i am eating the right sort of things the majority of the time. During training I was housed in a hotel for three weeks, which meant I was not able to eat my 'normal' choices ... So I tended to have a greggs bacon butty for breakfast, boots meal deal for lunch, protein bar, hotel dinner plus Icecream ... I didn't track rigidly but calories were around 2000 a day. I had minimal gain of only a pound or so ... But again increasing the calories has really boosted my metabolism ... I have tracked calories this week ... Had c 1600 calories a day which over the past few months has been my normal maintenance level ... And I cannot believe it, in a week FOUR whole pounds has dropped off. I am now 9st9 ... Don't think I have been that since I started high school :eek: mmmm, too low. At least hubby returns back from USA on Wednesday, so i can tell him I have been pining for him LOL which of course I have :cool:

Off now to plan what I am making as my competition cupcakes for my team meeting on Tuesday :D methinks red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate frosting or carrot cake cupcakes with blue cheese frosting ... Ohhh I am putting on a pound just imagining :)

Just thought I would do a quick update, as its been a couple of months.

I do not weigh or track my food every day ... But the days I do, I consciously make better food choices ... So tracking is definitely worth it for new banders! I love Mfp. Trying to maintain is harder than losing....for me. It's a constant balance between being careful with food choices and balancing every day life, without the constant accolades from everyone. You are no longer a loser ... This is the new slimmer you, that everyone has become accustomed to. My weight does fluctuate ... I have one week a month that I am very tight and the weight can drop off by 3-4 pounds even when eating c 1400 cals a day, so the other three weeks I try to eat more to compensate, as my weight dropped to 9 5.8 this month and it was far too thin. Today I am 9 10 and happier. Too thin is not a good look, and I definitely look better at over 10 stones. Give my OH something to grab hold of ;)

I can eat most foods just in smaller quantities. Maybe a slice of bread two or three times a week instead of 4-6 slices in one meal now. Fruit is a bit of a problem as I am finding it acidy, but otherwise I can eat meat, pasta, rice and eggs, and most veggies including asparagus which has become my new favourite food.

My port is really visible LOL ... I love it, as its my constant reminder of what I have gone through.

My wardrobe is full .... So I cannot buy any more new clothes :sigh: transfer addiction to new shoes and handbags now :rolleyes: do I really have to be honest with my OH on how much they cost?

Exercise wise ... I only walk my dogs,but that suits me ... Why exercise doing something I don't enjoy :confused: subconsciously though I maybe walk more rather than take the easy option nowadays. One of my branches has three flights of stairs and I always walk up and down them now rather than catch the lift. Feels so good not to huff and puff :D

Ohhh happy days. I sill love my band!

I have loved reading your diary Michelle, thanks for sharing your story. Utmost admiration for you and just the inspiration I need for my journey.

Justine x

great to read an update Michelle look forward to saying I'm to thin lol. I'm getting there slowly but surely.my first anniversary is coming up next month and I'm desperate to get 5 stone off in the first year.so this month I'm going all out to lose another stone.
its great to see your still doing well.

Back