• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Message to Myself ... diary to remind me where I have been and where I am going

Mimi you are doing well! Everyone's journey is different ... And think where you all of us other banders may have been now if we hadn't started the journey :) hope by sharing my diary, to those who are struggling ...I do honestly think along with my hard work ... I have also been very lucky ;)

Its one of those weird weeks again. Struggling to eat band friendly food for the past two days :cry: would you believe it I tried to eat a bag of minstrels just to get the calories in yesterday and even they didn't want to go down :sigh: definitely work stress affecting my tightness. Got three weeks working away stopping in hotels from next week so I will be stocking up on protein bars and shakes for just in case ... the hotel doesn't have a large stock of Icecream :rolleyes:

Otherwise, I still love my band. Maintaining normally within 9st6 and 9st10. 90% of the time I can still eat plenty and anyone looking at my portions wouldn't realise I have a band as they are practically 'normal' person size portions (obviously not as much as pre band when I over ate however) ... I do still feel hunger :confused: or is it just the urge to eat :confused: after around a couple of hours of eating ... But I am happy to feel normal, and to have the band fit in with my life rather than the other way round.

Life in Maintenance

The weekly fluctuations = 3 loose + 1 tight week per month - still often track weight and protein to retain focus - still loving my band :)

Attachments

• my journey.jpg
    my journey.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 30
Hi michelle.
I still love my band just wish it worked every wk even if it was just a lb.

As long as your weight is going in the right direction ... Ie not up ... Its still working Mimi ... Its all about perspective :) I honestly think I have been lucky, which is why I cannot afford to take my eye off the ball so to speak. The three weeks I can eats lots .... I often do, and of the less healthy stuff. But because I understand how its working for me, I don't let guilt kick in or loose heart. Those three weeks, I am always thinking I need to go for a fill (not had one for a year now almost) but as soon as the restriction kicks in the tight week, I remind myself why its good not to be too tight and why I will always have to work with my tool. You are getting there xxx

Do u think that after a few years of maintaining u would have the band removed i always worry about long long term like 10 / 20 years.

I see it as a permanent thing and unless for medical reasons I have to have it removed, question why I would go through additional/unnecessary surgery to remove it?! Its more dangerous to remove than put in there in the first place the body recovers around it. What are your worries? X

Just slipping or stomach splitting where its tide or port problems just everthing that could go wrong.i have had no problems so far but u never no. The biggest thing i worry about is if something does go wrong not knowing until its to late and i end up with even bigger problems.
I no everyone worries.

Hi Michelle, you have been one of my inspiration since I joined this forum. I love reading your threads and post. Yes u are extremely lucky with the way your band works and also your determination plays a big role in in all the weight you have lost. I hope i continue being lucky with the way my band works, without any tightness and limitations. I can eat virtually everything and anything and I really like that. I don't want to be too tight, since I had my first fill in July I haven't requested for any yet because I don't want to be too tight and start having a lot of restrictions. So I am taking it slowly at a time, however the weight seems to be dropping. I started at 18.5stone last 3months and this morning I weighed 15stone. So I am really happy with my band at the moment.
Thanks for ur wonderful post and dairy which keeps us all banders motivated and more enthusiastic than ever.

Hi Michelle, you have been one of my inspiration since I joined this forum. I love reading your threads and post. Yes u are extremely lucky with the way your band works and also your determination plays a big role in in all the weight you have lost. I hope i continue being lucky with the way my band works, without any tightness and limitations. I can eat virtually everything and anything and I really like that. I don't want to be too tight, since I had my first fill in July I haven't requested for any yet because I don't want to be too tight and start having a lot of restrictions. So I am taking it slowly at a time, however the weight seems to be dropping. I started at 18.5stone last 3months and this morning I weighed 15stone. So I am really happy with my band at the moment.
Thanks for ur wonderful post and dairy which keeps us all banders motivated and more enthusiastic than ever.

Well ... Wtf .. I have been shopping yesterday and today for items for my lower half ... Mini skirt and jeggings. Bit embarrassing as my current ones are down at my knees when I have walked for five minutes. So much for still thinking I can get away with wearing my size 14s. Couldn't believe the 12s I tried on were dropping also off me ... So I am going to have to buy size ten :eek: need to get my ass back by eating more chocolate mmmmm nom nom :rolleyes:

This made me laugh - bet you never imagined you'd have this issue!

Never LOL ... My ass is saggy ... I need some curves back. I am ok clothed ... My figure looks great ... But I do feel sorry for my hubby having to cuddle a wrinkly bag of bones when I am undressed :eek:

Never LOL ... My ass is saggy ... I need some curves back. I am ok clothed ... My figure looks great ... But I do feel sorry for my hubby having to cuddle a wrinkly bag of bones when I am undressed :eek:

I bet he doesn't complain once hon!

How low am I gonna go

Well what a shocker :eek: 9st 3.6lbs this morning. Lowest in thirty years. Too low. I confess I have had to eat a whole bar of chocolate to recover ... Don't want it to come off. Roll on Christmas feasting ... Of the healthy variety of course. Funny how chocolate really doesn't give the same pleasure as it used to...trust me fellow banders :rolleyes: xxx

Work stresses ... Lots of chasing here there and everywhere ... I cannot wait to vegetate over crimbo. Was supposed to be off from Thursday night right through till 6 January ... But the way things are looking, that ain't gonna happen. Too much going on. If I were paid overtime, id be rolling in it :rolleyes:

If I took the offer of your very kind gift Sarah I'd feel duty bound to give you even more back in return :p x

I am sooo looking forward to weekend, gonna see no1 daughter in Manchester and booked meal at mr Thomas's chop house. Love that food. I foresee a gain next week :D

2lb gain over the Christmas week....but a fab time had and in line with my normal monthly fluctuations if I look back on my myfitnesspal records. While I do not track my calories everyday, I do about a third of the time, to help keep me on track. If I relied on the band and level of restriction I have, I think I would gain,but I don't want to be tighter so this works for me. Still got lots of Christmas goodies in the cupboards but will be sending off most of it with our visitors as they leave today ... Apart from the turkey. Can do lots of band friendly meals with that. Only two more meals out planned. Italian for friends birthday today and Chinese on New Year's Eve, then looking forwards to getting back to work on the 6th.

To all those banders out there, the band can help you get where you want to be goal wise ... And stay there, if you work with it.

Happy 2014 :cross:

Back