• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Missy’s Journey!

2.5 stone loss in 6 weeks is incredible especially when it included the holiday period. Congratulations! Hopefully the weekend away with the OH will reduce your stress levels so your stomach doesn't have any more bad reactions.

2.5 stone loss in 6 weeks is incredible especially when it included the holiday period. Congratulations! Hopefully the weekend away with the OH will reduce your stress levels so your stomach doesn't have any more bad reactions.
Thanks, @slimkim! Your turn soon xx

Week 6.5...
Well, the transition to soft stage is not going too well! I was terribly sick last night. I made a butternut squash lasagne and had a very small portion. I can only assume that it is not soft enough at this stage. The mince doesn’t seem to sit well. I only had a few teaspoons and was sick numerous times. Couldn’t understand where it was all coming from! This morning, I had my morning cup of tea and my lanzoprozole. I was told I can swallow the tablet whole because it melts anyway and have done this from the start but it felt like it got stuck. Hence, I was sick again this morning. I’ve managed some oats and just had some soup. I felt totally panicked this morning (for the first time) that there was something wrong. I think my pouch was possibly feeling sensitive still from the night before. I did manage a small bit of salmon and a spoon of mashed sweet potato the other night and that stayed down. I am going to make fish pie tomorrow, which will go against my ‘no white carb’ foods but I’m not sure what else to eat! I’ve read on here that it goes down well and somebody else who was trying to stick to healthy eating was told it’s not always possible at this stage. I did have 1 egg scrambled and a couple of spoons of chopped tomatoes. I couldn’t eat the whole egg, which amazed me and a bit of it did come back up. I’m not an egg lover and only like scrambled and omelette, which also has to be quite dry. I think I’m also panicked at being away next weekend so trying mash before I go is probably a good idea as it may be another option when eating out. Apologies for the long boring post! I’m also going out tonight with a large group of friends so drinks in the pub is going to be another hurdle... I’m worried about cordial being full of sugar and then having a dumping episode!

Week 6.5...
Well, the transition to soft stage is not going too well! I was terribly sick last night. I made a butternut squash lasagne and had a very small portion. I can only assume that it is not soft enough at this stage. The mince doesn’t seem to sit well. I only had a few teaspoons and was sick numerous times. Couldn’t understand where it was all coming from! This morning, I had my morning cup of tea and my lanzoprozole. I was told I can swallow the tablet whole because it melts anyway and have done this from the start but it felt like it got stuck. Hence, I was sick again this morning. I’ve managed some oats and just had some soup. I felt totally panicked this morning (for the first time) that there was something wrong. I think my pouch was possibly feeling sensitive still from the night before. I did manage a small bit of salmon and a spoon of mashed sweet potato the other night and that stayed down. I am going to make fish pie tomorrow, which will go against my ‘no white carb’ foods but I’m not sure what else to eat! I’ve read on here that it goes down well and somebody else who was trying to stick to healthy eating was told it’s not always possible at this stage. I did have 1 egg scrambled and a couple of spoons of chopped tomatoes. I couldn’t eat the whole egg, which amazed me and a bit of it did come back up. I’m not an egg lover and only like scrambled and omelette, which also has to be quite dry. I think I’m also panicked at being away next weekend so trying mash before I go is probably a good idea as it may be another option when eating out. Apologies for the long boring post! I’m also going out tonight with a large group of friends so drinks in the pub is going to be another hurdle... I’m worried about cordial being full of sugar and then having a dumping episode!
Poor you, it will get better I promise xx

Hugs hunny. Hope you managed to have a nice time in the pub. I am strange and don't really drink so would ask for coffee in pub ( can I drink Coffee with skimmed milk after never though to ask?)

Hope things get better for you. Take care xx

Oh no that sucks about the soft foods. I hope that the pub trip went well.

Hi, the pub went ok. I don’t drink alcohol, so that’s one demon I don’t have to worry about. I had blackcurrant cordial and tea at one pub. I assume you can drink coffee; I drink tea. Pouch seems to have calmed down today. I’m going to try some fish pie later. Only had soup and oats yesterday.

Hi, the pub went ok. I don’t drink alcohol, so that’s one demon I don’t have to worry about. I had blackcurrant cordial and tea at one pub. I assume you can drink coffee; I drink tea. Pouch seems to have calmed down today. I’m going to try some fish pie later. Only had soup and oats yesterday.

Hope you have a lot better day today! I was incredibly lucky that I didn’t experience any sickness, I can imagine it’s been a tough old journey for you. It will be worth it! X

Hope you have a lot better day today! I was incredibly lucky that I didn’t experience any sickness, I can imagine it’s been a tough old journey for you. It will be worth it! X
Thanks @Laaux. What did you eat during the soft food stage? I seemed to react like this when switching between stages and then it becomes ok. I’m used to the chewing slowly etc and the stuck feeling as I was previously banded. I suppose some pouches are a bit more sensitive than others. I think the fish pie will go down better as it will be softer and my pouch seems to like milkier stuff. Oats always settle it down. Thanks for your reply x

Week 7...
Still finding the transition to the soft stage quite tricky. I made a fish pie on Sunday and it managed to stay down. Had some on Monday and was sick. Tried again last night and just a small bit came back. I think it could be to do with having that one more spoon when I’m full. My stomach growls a lot but I’m now beginning to identify the growl that means I’ve had enough (I think). I’m away with the hubster this weekend so it’s going to be interesting to see what and where I’m going to manage to eat. On a positive note, I’m -4lb down this week. My total loss is now 2st 11lb. 3 more to hit the 3 stone mark! Oh, my BMI is now 29.6, which means I’m officially not obese anymore and now overweight! Happy days :D 1st 12lb to hit my 1st goal and 2st 4lb to hit a BMI of 25.

:woohoo:
Wow get you!!!
From what i’ve Read it’s a learning journey through out.
Good luck with your weekend away. Slow & steady wins the race x

:woohoo:
Wow get you!!!
From what i’ve Read it’s a learning journey through out.
Good luck with your weekend away. Slow & steady wins the race x
Thank you @Emma1504. Hope all is going well for you xx

Week 7...
Still finding the transition to the soft stage quite tricky. I made a fish pie on Sunday and it managed to stay down. Had some on Monday and was sick. Tried again last night and just a small bit came back. I think it could be to do with having that one more spoon when I’m full. My stomach growls a lot but I’m now beginning to identify the growl that means I’ve had enough (I think). I’m away with the hubster this weekend so it’s going to be interesting to see what and where I’m going to manage to eat. On a positive note, I’m -4lb down this week. My total loss is now 2st 11lb. 3 more to hit the 3 stone mark! Oh, my BMI is now 29.6, which means I’m officially not obese anymore and now overweight! Happy days :D 1st 12lb to hit my 1st goal and 2st 4lb to hit a BMI of 25.
Wow you are doing so well xx

Amazing weight loss results and getting out of the obese bracket! That must feel so fantastic.

Good luck with the weekend away.

Week 7.5...
Half way through my weekend away and still not got to grips with the soft stage! When I arrived on Friday evening, I ate one of those small salmon infusion pots (80g). It went down well as it was infused with a sweet chilli oil/sauce. However, it repeated on me and I brought a bit of froth up. It felt that the flavour was too strong. Most of it stayed down. Yesterday, my hubby kindly got me some made up oats in a pot. I could tip it upside down and it didn’t move it was that thick. He ate most of it and I had a couple of spoons with more milk. I don’t usually eat in the mornings as I don’t feel able to. I brought a bit back up and went to the toilet! I can only assume they made it with full fat milk. I added skimmed. Went out for lunch and had some carrot and coriander soup and a spoon of my husbsnd’s mash. Then panicked about having liquid and food together but all was ok. After seeing a theatre show, we went to an Italian as I thought lasagne would be a good option. I ate about a third of a small portion and was pleased that the pasta was very soft and there was lots of sauce. There wasn’t much meat (which was good). It went down well and I enjoyed it. Went to the loo before leaving and brought up some froth and then seemed fine. However, then got the tube and felt awfully sick. Managed to make it back to the hotel where I continued to be sick on and off. By 9pm, I felt exhausted with it all and went to sleep, still burping with fluid. I woke st 2am as liquid burped into my throat. I was unable to take my lanzaprozole due to being sick so I took it at 2am. Oh boy, was I sick. My stomach/pouch still had the lasagne in and I literally projectile vomited (sorry for TMI). The other sickness was more regurgitation. Anyway, I felt better after this. So, I don’t really understand what’s happening? I do know lasagne doesn’t agree. I thought it was just my homemade one initially because the butternut squash sheets I use are a bit firmer than pasta. Could it be rich and spicy foods that don’t agree? The Fisherman’s pie I made partly agreed and sometimes didn’t. Any advice from you guys would be much appreciated! I may have to speak to the dietician. I also have my follow up phone call with my surgeon on the 22nd.

Wow sounds like you are having a tough time. I hope it doesn’t efffect your holiday. Although for me food is a big part of being away. Hoping that will change after I have my op!

That sounds horrible. Thank you for sharing. I hope today is better eatingwise and you can find some things that your pouch likes. Maybe it's tomato saucy things? Cooked tomatoes are quite acidic and I can' tolerate them so maybe your stomach developed a sensitivity to that. I hope you enjoyed the other activities you did on the trip. Any NSVs with fitting in the theatre seats or wearing smaller sized clothes for your special trip with your OH?

Oh Missy that sounds horrendous, I honestly think it doesn’t matter how much we think we’ve prepared ourselves for this there is always so much to learn, thank you for sharing we can never have too much information and I hope you soon start to feel more comfortable with your food xxx

I suppose I’m lucky in a way that I have become accustomed to being sick when eating out with the band. It was that unpredictable that I could eat something perfectly fine one day and then not. That’s something I’m hoping to escape having the bypass. I’m sure it will all settle down. I think one of the strangest things is not drinking with meals. Not only strange for me but also for the waiters/waitresses who are asking numerous times, “Are you sure you don’t want a drink?”
@Emma1504 Food has always been a large part of my weekends away/holidays. Also a huge part of my weight issues. It is now a part of my weekend in terms of what I can eat. It’s nice to be able to eat out without worrying about the weight gain.
@slimkim the theatre seats weren’t a problem before but I did fit much better. NSV ... both sets of skinny jeans I’ve brought are falling off me! My husband offered me his belt and I said don’t be silly it won’t fit me. Anyway, it fitted 3 notches in. I bought a fitted, knee-length padded bubble coat just before starting the LRD and it only just fitted them I gained weight and couldn’t fasten it and now that’s big on me. Which is great but not so great that it cost £180 and I won’t get another winter out of it!
Thank you @Bling Babe I’m just about to tuck into carrot and coriander soup for the second day running!

Back